Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

cecil

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:
GG - you look divine as ever! xxx

Not sure if posted these before, apologies if so.

The picture hat I made:

2009_06250011.jpg

Wowee that's excellent! I love picture hats! Was this difficult to make?

Smuterella

One Too Many
Aww - thanks. It wasn't that difficult actually. I took a millinery course recently and was surprised how simple it is. I'd love to keep it up but at the moment I just can't afford the equipment.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
Aww - thanks. It wasn't that difficult actually. I took a millinery course recently and was surprised how simple it is. I'd love to keep it up but at the moment I just can't afford the equipment.
The hat is beautiful and you're so lucky to have been able to take a course. I have been trying for a few years now but they are few and far between in the US.

cecil

A-List Customer
Smuterella said:

Ah that's a shame. Did you enjoy the course? I am thinking of taking a night course next year :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Everything looks good! :eusa_clap
Had to go back a few pages because I haven't looked at this thread in a while. :( Too much inspiration and not enough time.

GG - I wish I could wear satin-y materials and not look like a sack of potatoes in them!

LD - Love the undies. I'm going to make myself a pair one of these days.

I made this entire thing yesterday. I "serged" all the raw edges and rolled all the loose hems. I hand sewed the facing down -- the works! I just didn't want to stop!! I made it for my first paying customer (one of my hubby's re-enactor friend's wives!) I'm praying she likes it!!

12154_186740059163_624014163_2970376_2310276_n.jpg

From this:

n624014163_1557279_5788272.jpg

Still just need to put in the zipper and make the big butt-bow! LOL.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Amy Jeanne, that's fabulous! I love the puffy sleeves! Really awesome pattern, too.

I got to wear this outfit I made on Thanksgiving. I can't remember if I posted blouse pics here or not before, but here it is with a skirt I made. I feel very late 30s collegiate in this outfit. :) It's pretty washed out in these pictures, darn it.
thanksgiving3.jpg
thanksgiving4.jpg

Lauren said:
Amy Jeanne, that's fabulous! I love the puffy sleeves! Really awesome pattern, too.

I got to wear this outfit I made on Thanksgiving. I can't remember if I posted blouse pics here or not before, but here it is with a skirt I made. I feel very late 30s collegiate in this outfit. :) It's pretty washed out in these pictures, darn it.
thanksgiving3.jpg
thanksgiving4.jpg

Lauren, you look so lovely in that outfit! (I can't say I am surprised, because I know how talented you are.)

Did you bring homework with you over the school Holidays? ;)

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:
Everything looks good! :eusa_clap
Had to go back a few pages because I haven't looked at this thread in a while. :( Too much inspiration and not enough time.

GG - I wish I could wear satin-y materials and not look like a sack of potatoes in them!

LD - Love the undies. I'm going to make myself a pair one of these days.

I made this entire thing yesterday. I "serged" all the raw edges and rolled all the loose hems. I hand sewed the facing down -- the works! I just didn't want to stop!! I made it for my first paying customer (one of my hubby's re-enactor friend's wives!) I'm praying she likes it!!

12154_186740059163_624014163_2970376_2310276_n.jpg

From this:

n624014163_1557279_5788272.jpg

Still just need to put in the zipper and make the big butt-bow! LOL.

Amy Jeanne, the dress is gorgeous! You are very clever. I'm only starting to make my own clothes. hopefully I'll be this good one day! :)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:

I just LOVE long skirts with cute, short sweaters! Again...if only I didn't look like potatoes....looks good on you Lauren.

And thanks ladies. Blondie = I've been sewing for a little over a year. I think I may have had pent-up talent in there that was never unleashed lol

SayCici

Practically Family
Lauren, I remember that blog post! I love eeeeverything you do. I really like the collegiate look too, and you look so cute with the scarf/ascot? and saddle shoes.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Amy Jeanne said:

This is so beautiful Amy Jeanne! I love the color too! I knew it wasn't for you to wear since it is way too subtle! LOL

Here is a Vogue Repro Dress and Bolero I finished after 40 hours...for a client. I made the purse as an extra from the scraps...

14236_1212227279048_1629776159_545504_1341134_n.jpg

14236_1212226799036_1629776159_545499_4646779_n.jpg

14236_1212226919039_1629776159_545502_2180287_n.jpg

my button-holer was being a DORK! LOL So I zig zagged that button hole on the purse!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Amy Jeanne said:

That looks great! Very classic. Was this your first time doing all that finishing stuff? Feels satisfying, dont it :)

Sue, that outfit looks great. The pattern looks so soft overlapped on so many pieces.

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Thank you so much, gals, for your comments on my outfit! :eek: I'm truly very flattered!

Blondie, I've been sewing since I was about 8 years old although that sometimes included safety pins and tape. My early barbie dresses were stylin', let me assure you. lol Seriously, probably, since I was about 13.

Psycho Sue, that looks great! Fun fabric choice!

Inky

One Too Many
lovely work all of you talented ladies!!

AmyJeane that dress looks great - I am sure your friend will love it! I love the sleeves!!

Lauren - what a perfect look for you - so comfy yet totally pulled together!!

Smuterella - that hat looks so professional! You should keep up with the hat making when you can!

PsychoSue - love that fabric and great use of scraps! I keep mine and never find I do anything with them.

I spent some time in the fabric store on Saturday, so hopefully I can put the sewing machine back on the dining room table now that the guests are gone!!

Edited to add:

It takes me so long to finish anything I forgot I finally got a picture of the hubby (in his best Sears Catalog pose) modeling the Day of the Dead shirt I made him for his birthday (in September) that I finally finished a couple of weeks ago!!)

4147380931_906d3e9926.jpg

This is Kwik Sew's 3484, size XL, no alterations. In store-bought he wears an XXL but that was just too big according to Kwik Sew's measurments. Amazingly enough I did not have to lengthen the body or sleeves for his 6'3" frame. He loves it and we purchased some fabric to make another shirt from a 1945 vintage pattern I purchased from our very own Lauren.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo