Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
This is the first of my New Year's Resolution projects (trying to sew something other than dresses and actually use some of the more diverse patterns that I've got). I used DuBarry 2587B from 1941 to make myself a pair of drawers for springtime skirt wearing. Not being able to find inexpensive silk, I got some light, loose-weave shirting.
4270329342_d8be0476bf_o.jpg

I may make the matching bra if I can get more of the fabric, but it seemed rather complicated and I would definitely have to work on the cup size/shape :(

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lovely, Kamikat! I adore blue roses! And you look a heck of a lot better with a cold than I do at the moment.

Lauren, I noticed you have this up on your Etsy:
il_430xN.100223074.jpg

Here's a picture of it made up!
Ahwahneesingalong.jpg

I am sort of wearing the fur drape as a shawl as it was hot in there. It is wearable in many positions.
Here's another position:
SaraRaul.jpg

I also found that you do not need the back zipper, as you can just drop the dress over your head and fasten the back of the neck. Theresa didn't want a back zip in it, but Simplicity insists.
I was lucky enough to have her help me cut and fit it too, so I adore this dress!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1929, that dress looks amazing on you. I love that pattern and look for it for a while. It looks to be beyond my skill though and not for my body type. It is lovely though.

Kamikat, that dress is so cute. I love the fabric.

Neany73

New in Town
Miss 1929 said:
Lovely, Kamikat! I adore blue roses! And you look a heck of a lot better with a cold than I do at the moment.

il_430xN.100223074.jpg

Ahwahneesingalong.jpg

I am sort of wearing the fur drape as a shawl as it was hot in there. It is wearable in many positions.
Here's another position:
SaraRaul.jpg

I also found that you do not need the back zipper, as you can just drop the dress over your head and fasten the back of the neck. Theresa didn't want a back zip in it, but Simplicity insists.
I was lucky enough to have her help me cut and fit it too, so I adore this dress!

That looks fabulous! Well done and lucky you having that kind of help :)

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
miss_smith said:
This is the first of my New Year's Resolution projects (trying to sew something other than dresses and actually use some of the more diverse patterns that I've got). I used DuBarry 2587B from 1941 to make myself a pair of drawers for springtime skirt wearing. Not being able to find inexpensive silk, I got some light, loose-weave shirting.
4270329342_d8be0476bf_o.jpg

I may make the matching bra if I can get more of the fabric, but it seemed rather complicated and I would definitely have to work on the cup size/shape :(

Cute use of trim. Definitely, you should attempt the bra.

Lizzie

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Bettys Closet said:
Is to die for. love love love it. Buying pattern now....

This is one of my favorite outfits this year! lol. The skirt is a gray wool made from an early 40s pattern. The cashmere cardigan is one that I refashioned (it was way too big, and the sleeves were longer) to fit better.

12_18_09e.jpg

12_18_09c.jpg

The green dress is from one of the new designs in the Colette Patterns line (Ceylon dress). I love that it's got such a 40s silhouette and look! I'm planning on wearing this one Christmas Day! :) I wrote a post about it on my blog, if anyone is interested...
[/QUOTE]
That's absolutley gorgeous! I want it! xx

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, girls! I am lucky, Theresa makes me custom stuff when I am rich enough to afford it, but she is also always very generous with her knowledge and time when I need help She is a dear friend. And I hope she is lurking and reading this!
I wanted it in brown as no one ever does brown for evening! Of course, it also goes so well with Senor 1929's eyes...

deadpandiva said:
Miss 1929, that dress looks amazing on you. I love that pattern and look for it for a while. It looks to be beyond my skill though and not for my body type. It is lovely though..

I disagree, it would look GREAT on your body! It is very flattering as it skims the hips and has a huge skirt. And it is really as easy as pie to make!
Would you like to borrow my pattern to copy?If so, PM me your address.

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Pencil Me In....

I made this skirt from silk brocade upholstery remenant which I was determined to wear in some way, so I drafted a pattern to fit the piece of fabric, see more on my blog,

winter%20163.jpg

winter%20154.jpg

Ps. Terribly inspired by your wonderful creations ladies!!

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
This is a little nautical apron i made for a friend a while back, I'd like to do a dress in the same fabric/style, anyone got any pattern recommendations for a cute sailorette dress?

pinnies%20039.jpg

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
bettydarling said:
This is a little nautical apron i made for a friend a while back, I'd like to do a dress in the same fabric/style, anyone got any pattern recommendations for a cute sailorette dress?

pinnies%20039.jpg

That is SO SO cute, and your bow is picture-perfect! I adore nautical. I'm going to do this pattern in cheesy nautical fabrics this summer.
3933863889_8593e8d68d.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Ooooh, I love everything.

miss smith = LOVE the panties. I tried to make some recently but didn't size up enough :mad:

kamikat = you definitely rock the 50s patterns better than I ever could.

Miss 1929 = Yea, I love that dress. A lot. LOT. But I would look like a lumpy sack of potatoes in it so I never purchased it :(

bettydarling = Fun, fun! I LOVE the apron lots.

Inspiring -- off to work on Dubarry 5524 that I've been working on for two weeks now....

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:

il_430xN.100223074.jpg

Ahwahneesingalong.jpg

Here's another position:
SaraRaul.jpg

I have that pattern and it made up beautifully. I hope when I get around to making mine it looks half that good !

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Miss Smith, thank you for your lovely comment, that pattern is v cute, please post some pics when their done. I love this dress one too by Gertie. I've got several stripey fabrics to experiment with. Unfortunately theres not much sun in Dublin for Summer dresses, but I live in hope!

Kamikat and Amy Jeane thank you for your kind words. Gotta love this thread, such talented, inspiring gals!

bunny chan

Familiar Face
Bought this fabric, for my first attempt in sewing a dress.

stoffa-vestito.jpg

As I already said, my grandparents are helping me (a lot!!)...I think tomorrow it will be ready so I will post a photo!

B.

SayCici

Practically Family
I made both views of the popular EvaDress jumper pattern:

jan2010024.jpg

jan2010025.jpg

Just a note for anyone who wants to make this version: the instructions are actually for a faux-jumper dress, eg. rather than a separate blouse there's like a faux inset, you attach the sleeves, etc. but if you don't want to do that, it's easy enough to just bias the sleeve openings and whatnot.

jan2010026.jpg

jan2010032.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy