Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Kirk H.

One Too Many
MPrevolver001.jpg
[/IMG]

Pre 1948 M&P snubnose revolver.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Snubbies.jpg
[/IMG]The Pre 1948 M&P snub again with a T-Grip, a Model 10 snub from the 1960's, and a Model 64 from the 1990,s
sig220.jpg
[/IMG]
A Sig P220 Cary 45

jkingrph

Practically Family
MPrevolver001.jpg
[/IMG]

Pre 1948 M&P snubnose revolver.

My Dad had one of those, plus one with a 4" barrel. I could shoot that stubbie and really liked it. I asked him if he ever wanted to get rid of it to let me buy it but he forgot and sold the stubbie to a business acquaintence who wanted a gun. I still have the 4" model as a house gun.

That's been 35 years and I still wish I had that little gun, maybe someday I'll run across one.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Thost sights are very usable. Try one at range and it will Mze you what those litlle beasts will deliver.

I agree with you. I have to qualify with them annually all the way out 25 yards (6 prone and 6 standing at 25 yards) and those sights work great. The sights are dead on ,including the pre 1948 Snubbie. I have some J frames, but I have always loved the K frame snubbies in the way that they fit the hand, point and the 1 extra round.

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
photo.jpg

Smith & Wesson Nickel plated Model 12 (Airweight K-frame)
Snubbies.jpg
The Pre 1948 M&P snub again with a T-Grip, a Model 10 snub from the 1960's, and a Model 64 from the 1990,s

They're beautiful, especially with the Tyler-Ts.. I don't know what it is, just something about them really finishes the look, makes it look like something that either a G-man or a "Button" would proudly carry...

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Thanks Roving Bohemian. Sorry Deacon don't have any for the N-frames. There used to be an old gun shop here. The owner retired years ago and passed away a few years ago. He used to cary them in his shop. His wife passed away years ago and the shop became his life or something for him to do. He knew everything there was know about the revolver. I bought my first t-grip from him to put on my service revolver. then when we switched to semi autos I would always go by and visit with him. Everytime I got another revolver I would always go and see him and get a T-grip and some leather gear. I remember paying about 5 bucks a piece for them. I see them on E-bay and what they go for now and just cringe. I know that one of Melvin Tyler's sons has started the business back up again and you can get new ones for around 25.00 now.

Kirk

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
All this talk about snubbies caused me to break out the one I used to carry as a young prosecutor. I bought this Chief's Special new, fixed it up with Pachmayrs and wore it around like a big dog. One day an old District Court Judge...he was in his eighties and had been on the bench since Sir Walter Raleigh was here...saw my pistol and asked why I was carrying it. I told him that I dealt with some very bad people and thought I needed it for protection. He smiled, and in a soft drawl said, "Mistah Adair, if somebody heah wants to hurt you...yoah goin' be hurt way 'forah you know it. Besides...these criminal defendants...theyah really not bad people. Now, go deal with those wives and husbands and boyfriends in domestic court...that's where you gonna get yorah ass shot!"

I put the model 36 in my sock drawer that afternoon and never wore it to court again.

0107121139a.jpg

AF

Kirk H.

One Too Many
All this talk about snubbies caused me to break out the one I used to carry as a young prosecutor. I bought this Chief's Special new, fixed it up with Pachmayrs and wore it around like a big dog. One day an old District Court Judge...he was in his eighties and had been on the bench since Sir Walter Raleigh was here...saw my pistol and asked why I was carrying it. I told him that I dealt with some very bad people and thought I needed it for protection. He smiled, and in a soft drawl said, "Mistah Adair, if somebody heah wants to hurt you...yoah goin' be hurt way 'forah you know it. Besides...these criminal defendants...theyah really not bad people. Now, go deal with those wives and husbands and boyfriends in domestic court...that's where you gonna get yorah ass shot!"

I put the model 36 in my sock drawer that afternoon and never wore it to court again.

0107121139a.jpg

AF

AF, that is a great looking 36 and a great story. I love the old judges. Several years ago we had a visiting Judge from the mountains presiding. The docket was called and the first defendant stood in front of the bench. He was wearing baggy pants and an untucked shirt. The Judge stared at the man over his reading glasses and said " Ah don't know how ya'll do it here in Mecklenburg, but back home, a man comes to court with his shirt untucked, well that's contempt of court." Needless to say that man tucked his shirt in.

Kirk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters