Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
No 2 Mk I Enfield revolver

2058E35C-5497-40BA-949F-CB34EC343328-104-00000001CC15990E_zpsac609b53.jpg

D7E84CEB-2E81-458B-91CB-A3EC83199002-104-00000001D7D30C8D_zps868d8daf.jpg

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hi

Doug Turnbull is an ARTIST, but that's just wrong on SOOOOO many levels. It's like a taco pizza, if you wanted a taco you should oughta ordered one. If you wanted an 1880's lever action, you shoulda bought one.

Just my $0.02 and worth about half that.
Well, I'm not going to be ordering one any time soon! But, when I see his work, I think I should get the money up, and send him my 1886 Winchester.

Renault

One Too Many
Very first handgun I ever owned was a Colt 1917 "New Service". Paid 45 bucks for it. Needless to say, paid a bit more for this one!!!!

Just finished this one today! Bobbed the barrel back to 20" and reinstalled bead. Mfg in 1918.

Renault

One Too Many
We've got in about 8 model 12's in the last two weeks. This one had a chipped toe and buttplate. So I got into it right. Have two more. Both 12 gauge. A 1916 mfg solid rib fullchoke, that looks like it just left the factory. Too nice to take to the field. And a 1959 mfg modified. Here's the 1959 gun.

Oh yeah. With my favorite Krag-Jorgenson sporter!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have asked for a Model 12 when my dad was shotgun shopping for me. The 1897s have always been too rare and expensive, but the 12s are way cooler than a Mossburg 500.

Renault

One Too Many
Problem with 97's is the majority of originals out there are pretty worn out. Back in the day folks bought em to use, not to collect. But with a bit of patience you can find a decent one. Watch the wrist on the butt stock on both 97's and 12's when shopping for cracks!!!!!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Problem with 97's is the majority of originals out there are pretty worn out. Back in the day folks bought em to use, not to collect. But with a bit of patience you can find a decent one. Watch the wrist on the butt stock on both 97's and 12's when shopping for cracks!!!!!

Thanks for the tip! I need to liquidate some more modern stuff before I acquire any new guns. I still lean slightly toward a 97 as I have this idea that someday I'll try out CAS.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
And remember that if you do some serious hunting and shooting, the '97 will loosen up and need re-tightening every few years. Also, '97's will fire if you hold the trigger back and work the slide! This was considered a good thing for riot work or in trench warfare but for safety's sake this feature has been deliberately eliminated from modern pump guns.:eeek:

rjb1

Practically Family
Model 12's and Ithaca 37's also do not have a disconnector. They'll fire fire as fast as you can work the slide. (However, not necessarily accurately or safely)
As for 1897's, there is something to be said for a gun that disassembles itself and then puts itself back together between shots. (If you have seen one in operation you know what I mean.)

MikePotts

Practically Family
What Ho All!

I have been absent for some time but am now returned with some discretionary funds that an absence sometimes allows. Here's a recent little treat that I gave myself:

An S&W Model 15 K-38 "Combat Materpiece"

The new FL friendly grips are by "Fitwell" giving it a slightly cheesey but somehow classic look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy