Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

melanie

One of the Regulars
this is my hair after I had pin curls and rollers in it...

P1010007.jpg

but this is what my hair is naturally like anyway, so do you think, with these curls, I could get away with the vintage/rockabilly look?

crwritt

One Too Many
melanie said:
this is my hair after I had pin curls and rollers in it...

P1010007.jpg

but this is what my hair is naturally like anyway, so do you think, with these curls, I could get away with the vintage/rockabilly look?

If your hair ends up looking like this naturally, it sure beats sleeping on curlers.
Your hair seem to have a similar thickness/texture to mine. I've had great results with hot rollers when I want more polished look.
When it was long, back when I was coloring my hair, I would wash it one day and work a bit of Garnier Fructis curl shaping spray gel into it, and let it air dry, next day I would set it on large hot rollers, style and mist with Tressesme hair spray. I could sleep on it and wake up with bouncy curls, and barely do anything to it on the third day.Fourth day still looked good, but if we were going out, I'd put it in the hot rollers again. Fifth day I'd wash again, start over.
What I used was similar to this
31An1cg%2BCOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

palespider

One of the Regulars
i had to perm my hair before i could get any sort of curl to stick- hot, over night- pin. didnt matter. Its about time i do it again since my hot curls only hold for a few hours again.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hey all I haven't been on in forever but I just went red again and here is a hair style that I did that I thought I would share.
35650_10150220606725343_651490342_1.jpg

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Melanie... You look so much like my half sister I just got goosebumps... SOOO weird.

melanie said:
Hiya, I am new here, and I am loving this site. :)

I have only just had my hair cut today, my hair was down to my bum, but because I want to do vintage hair styles, I thought I would get it cut shoulder length with layers ect.... and here is the result :) ...

37340_405000084085_638754085_4569705_413173_n.jpg

The hairdresser simply blow dried it straight for me, but I am going to mess around with it and see what vintage hairstyles I can create. I also bought 2 bottles of Live XXL Real Red hair dye today, so I shall be dying my hair with that some time this week. :)

Any help girls on how I can style my hair 40s and 50s fashion now that I have had it cut? I have looked on Youtube and there are some fab tutorials on there, but I am wanting to find something simple, which does not take long to do, so that I can do it like that every day. :)

Belle Fatale

New in Town
I tried channeling a little Marylin today...

...but sweat and humidity kind of got the best of me. Also I cannot take a picture to save my life. :eusa_doh:

This one's blurry, even for me, but it shows more of the hairstyle:
PICT0624.JPG

Slightly less blurry, but I halfway decapitated myself! lol
PICT0634.JPG

I'm going to have to play around with hair products to find something that holds a little better, I think. My hair looked much nicer when I first did it. (So of course I didn't take pictures then.) I'm using a curling iron because I can't get a good wet set since I cut my hair.

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Tried something new today, I pretty well copied a tutorial from youtube it's cute though!

Photo_00044.jpg

Photo_00043.jpg

40's fetish, first try!? Amazing, I wish my first set had come out that nicely!
Belle Fatale, you're just beautiful!

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
bUTTERFLIEZ said:
You all have such amazing hairstyles wow!!
Im new here, I stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and was so impressed by you all. I decided to try some fingerwaves and pincurls of my own today. Ive never attempted it before in my life, but I hope they turned out okay :) Now I feel I am addicted and might want to do this much more often, pity they cant dry faster but the look is well worth the drying time I think.*lol*

hair1.jpg

VIN3.jpg

what a gorgeous hairstyle! and you look absolutely stunning :) I am setting my hair, and am trying to get this longer look...I'll post pics later today...hopefully you girls can help me out :)

Octavia

Familiar Face
RockyHorror, those front rolls look amazing on you! I always try to do something similar with rolls (I only have the hang of doing two asymmetrical rolls at the moment), but can never quite get it to look that nice.

Antje and bUTTERFLIEZ, those are both exquisite! I love looking to this thread for inspiration.

Anyway, last weekend I had one of those happy mistake hair days. I'm new to vintage hair so I'm still testing things out. I’d had it like this the day before (on the right):

DSC02977.jpg

I had blow-dried first - as my hair is just naturally horrific (I prefer saying that as opposed to “naturally curly” =P) and gives me coarse pincurls if I don’t – pincurled the back in lazy, chunky curls, then threw the front up in two v-rolls. The next day I took the v-rolls out to re-do them and ended up with this just by parting my hair on the opposite side and giving it a slight comb:

DSC03000.png

Not too voluminous since I didn't pincurl the front, but considering the way my hair usually behaves, this was a rarity. :) Smooth curls like this usually evade me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic