Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

SheBear74

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Nice hair deco_darling. I like your bow pin too.
Grant fan- I like both of your hairstyles. Look like a lot of work.
Antje-I am running out of adjectives to describe how amazing your hair always looks. You remind me of barbie with the pony tail.
Shebear74- You are so pretty. I love your hair also. Is it pinned back or did you get it cut?

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Well today I just realized just ow long my hair has gotten but here is what it looked like today
IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

MaryMary

One of the Regulars
deco_darling said:
I haven't posted new hair do's in a long time. But, here are a few past hair styles for now, until I post new ones.

3313541998_1a47a2700b.jpg

selfpic11-1.gif

3328669405_f962f44986-1.jpg

Oh WOW I love that hat!!! It is gorgeous! Is it vintage or repro? (Please say repro, I want one...lol and gorgeous hair, it looks perfect together!

Octavia

Familiar Face
Thank you so much for the kind words, everyone!

crwritt, no worries. It was meant in a playful manner. :)

Grant Fan, those look fabulous (the hairstyles on this page and the page before). I especially love that first updo. I can't believe you have such long hair - you make it look so easy to deal with! =P

Antje, your hairstyles are beautiful and I love how you take the time to take pictures at different angles so we can see how it's done!

SheBear, I have to agree with everyone else - before I read your comments, I thought perhaps he was just a brother. Beautiful haircut and beautiful picture!

swinggal

One Too Many
MaryMary said:
Oh WOW I love that hat!!! It is gorgeous! Is it vintage or repro? (Please say repro, I want one...lol and gorgeous hair, it looks perfect together!

Gorgeous. The exact look I try to replicate for 30s style. That hat is amazing! I want one too!

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
So I've done three sets so far, I'd like to get more of a soft wave next time. I think the third time came the closest. Here they are in order:
4799426901_35e7703764.jpg

4799426925_018ceb4d4a.jpg

4799426939_200923a08c.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
NancyLouise said:
GrantFan, I like your Rosie look a lot and I think you should try the 60's bump more often - it's very suiting on you!
Thanks Nancy, I really like your last set it is great, can you post the setting pattern that you used?

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
DeadPanDiva - Thank you! I was pretty pleased with the result but I had nowhere to go to show it off afterward! I was wondering afterwards if I should've had a little more volume to it?

GrantFan, it's definitely a big compliment that you wanted a setting pattern. Now this started out somewhat seriously and went downhill pretty fast (the illustration anyway) with Windows Paint and one half-asleep hand...

4800191763_006b67e8e5.jpg

Yes, now you can look delightful too with these easy steps! (Haha, just kidding...)

All of these were kind of a go with the flow thing. I loosely used the same setting pattern for all the styles there. I part to the far side and then I make sure my pin curls are lying down so they are framing my face. I use a sharpie because they taper at the end and make it easier for the curls to come off. It also gives me really tight curls.

The third style was a lot of finger brushing to place the curls before I laid in with the bristle brush. When I finger brush, I have some frizz serum on my fingers too.

For the top I finger brushed the curls up and then back and to the side simultaneously (does that make any sense? What did I get myself into?) I took the remaining curl from the bang area of my hair and sort of coaxed it into blending in with the sides. I smoothed it out with the brush and some hairspray.

The sides I mostly maintained the spiral from the curl by wrapping several pieces around the side of my hand and brushing it almost like I was going to create a cylinder-like effect for a page boy style.

swinggal

One Too Many
Tonight's hair with a beret and hat pin to bunch up the felt a bit.

I set my hair in metal rollers and then brushed it out into waves. Took a while but works well. This is also with the long middy cut I did. Curls sit a lot better.

Photo0378.jpg

Photo0375copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes