Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Your hair is perfect in this photo!! I really wish I had the nerve to cut my hair.

Fleur De Guerre said:
I took these pics as part of a tutorial type thing to help girls on another forum with a vintage sort of style, or rather, show them how I do it. I am wearing my utterly unvintage pyjama top so ignore that!! This is the last photo in the set! I was pleased with how it turned out.

400600956_4a627268b7.jpg

Cherriexo

Familiar Face
Your Victory curls make me jealous.

I just have a short bob,and short bangs.

Im trying to grow the hair out.:rage:

1244855422_m.jpg

519980352_m.jpg

Im thinking of doing a snood,curl set,and straighten the bangs the next time I go out.I do have a tutorial on doing ShooShoobaby's look but I dont think I have the patience.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fleur, you're hair came out perfecto!!!! I'd love to see the tutorial if you still have it. I can do my hair in vintage up do's. I usually stick to victory rolls, and curl the part that I leave down. But, I have a huge problem when it comes to attempting to leave my hair down and curly. Usually I stick to the simpler style of just reverse rolling the bottom and the sides all the way around (it's hard to explain, I'm not sure if this makes any sense). Anyway, I just can't seem to get the down do right. My hair always ends up looking all wild and crazy. I have managed to do a few sets of very tight pin curls, but they were soooo tight my hair ended up looking quite crazy. My problem is brushing the curls into a style. No matter how much setting lotion I use or anti frizz spray, I end up with a big mangled mess!!

Cherrie, I love the bob with bangs. I wish I could bring myself to do this. I know it actually suits my face, but when I was a kid my mom made me wear my hair that way. She never let me grow it out and I always had bangs. So as soon as I was old enough I grew it out. I think that if I cut it back into a bob with bangs I'd get a big "I told you so" from dear mom!! But, it certainly looks great on you.

Rosie, as always, you look stunning!!!:)

pigeon toe

One Too Many
So pretty Fleur! How did you do it? I can kinda get that look with my hot sticks but I can't get them that soft and smooth looking (my thick hair sticks to the rubber on the hot sticks making it frizzier). Any tips?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok, here's my first attempt at posting a photo IN my message, hope it works! We went out for our anniversary Sat. and I wore a white 40's blouse with a vintage angora sweater that had beading and sequins. 50's jewelry. We had the heat cranked inside so I had horrible static, and it was pouring rain outside so my hair really flopped in the moisture. So, even through the frizziness I guess it looked ok, lol! (edit: Ok, my pic worked but evidently the site doesn't automatically resize images. Does anyone know of a site that does? I don't want to have to do it myself for every one, lol! I resized this but it's not showing up as such, sorry!)
Nikki
CopyofHPIM0106.jpg
[/IMG]

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Everyone looks beautiful!

I've really enjoyed everyone's pics and I think your hair looks awesome. It's fun to see how different we all are... from the 20's on up! Some great rolls, curls, bobs and waves gals, can't wait to see more!

Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Trying another smaller pic

Here's another try,
My hair is much too long right now but I want it long for a Titanic event in April. Then I'll cut it to about collar bone length.
CopyofHPIM0107.jpg
[/IMG]
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Daisy!
I believe image shack is the one I was actually thinking of but couldn't remember the name. I'll check it out, I think it will be easier!
Nikki

G

GoldLeaf

Oh wow! You took my breath away! So beautiful, and your hair is perfect!

In the second picture, I can see your part a bit. Do you part your hair diagonally to make the rolls?

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Here's another try,
My hair is much too long right now but I want it long for a Titanic event in April. Then I'll cut it to about collar bone length.

Titanic event (?!!!!!!!!) Sorry, :eek:fftopic:, I've been in love with the entire Titanic era/legend et.c since age eight (way before the movie and everyone else fell for it!)

Nikki--you look so stunning!Absolutely lovely! I'm definitely coming to you once I get brave enough to chop off the locks for my bob! ;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I'm so pleased that you want to see the tutorial! It's nothing fancy, but it's here!

I used a spray bottle filled with Lottabody and water and squirted each bit of hair about 3 times and combed it through. Didn't use anything but hairspray at the end.

I rolled the hair under at the back, towards my face at the sides and a sort of reverse roll at the top. I like it straight around the back, but of course you could use another row of rollers to make the curls start higher.

I hope it helps!

And Nikki, yours is simply stunning!

G

GoldLeaf

Fleur, thanks so much for sharing your pictures. That is exactally what I was hoping someone had when I asked about roller placement last week. That helps alot! I am still learning what things look like after rolling the hair, so this helps me visualize the end results. I too, like the straight and then curly effect.

That really takes fewer rollers than I would have thought. So, you must use pretty big pieces of hair, correct? It looks like the rollers become quite thick? My longest layer is only about half way down my neck, but I think I can create something similar.

Oh, thank you! I think I can do it now! Hip, hip, hooray!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
pigeon toe said:
So pretty Fleur! How did you do it? I can kinda get that look with my hot sticks but I can't get them that soft and smooth looking (my thick hair sticks to the rubber on the hot sticks making it frizzier). Any tips?

Try end papers (used with perms), which will smooth out the ends and help shorter layers stay neat as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80