Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Naama

Practically Family
wowandflutter said:
wavee.jpg

Girl, you know, I envy your hairdo!!!! :p
It looks exactly like something I'm trying for years now! But I never got that good results!

Xx

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That "Noir" website is awesome. I'm so wondering how I never have seen it before.
I just won on ebay a set of 4 original fingerwave clips that I paid a pretty penny for. If I had known about the ones from this website, I would have just bought them. Although it's fun to have the originals, the ones on this site look just as good.
Cool site, thanks for the link:)

Daisy Buchanan

Hairfinder.com

I'm not sure if any of you ladies have come across the site Hairfinder. They have a lot of information on vintage hair styles, and also have an area where you click on your favorite Golden Era starlette and it will show you pictures of her and give directions on how to do their hairstyle.
This is a good site to get different ideas as to styling, it also has some other information on vintage styling. I haven't registered for the site, registration gives you more access. I think it is free. Might be a good resource, if you ladies are like me, and need help getting ideas for different styles.
They also have a program that allows you to upload a picture of yourself and you can virtually change your hairstyle so you can see if the style will work on you before you take the time to do it.
Lots of good vintage info on this site, check it out. Here's their pincurl and fingerwave directions. I hope you find this website a little useful, although just a warning, it's a bit difficult to navigate:(

Happy Curling and Waving:)
Daisy

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal--I just saw the photo you included in this thread. Your hair is looking really great, and I like the color you have it right now as well. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Though, good ol' me couldn't leave it be and dyed it blonde again. A more recent picture of the 'do' is in order I guess!:)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
This is how I styled my hair last night. I was meeting some friends VERY late at night so my face looked like poop, that is why I hearted it out. (Hearts are nicer than poop.) But, it's about the hair anyway... right? :) It's a front roll with semi curly bits accenting the part.

001hair03.jpg

001hair04.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
...SNIP...
I was meeting some friends VERY late at night so my face looked like poop, that is why I hearted it out. (Hearts are nicer than poop.)

That is the funniest thing I have heard (er, read) all day long...thanks for the giggle! lol

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
WOWANDFLUTTER

Did you use a 3-barrel curling iron for your waves? I've been tempted to chop the locks but don't want to unless I know how to get that EXACT look. Thanks! Loooooooooovely!

MissyVamp

New in Town
Daisy

Just wanted to say you look really vintage and really young at the same time - I always end up looking older when I'm in vintage - i don't care though - cos I feel so much more like "me". Are you really young??? lol

Daisy Buchanan

MissyVamp said:
Just wanted to say you look really vintage and really young at the same time - I always end up looking older when I'm in vintage - i don't care though - cos I feel so much more like "me". Are you really young??? lol

Thanks Missy:)
It's funny you say that you end up looking older when you dress vintage. My own mom said to me once that I looked like an old lady when I dress vintage!!! Hmph, but that's what moms are for:)
Thank you so much for the sweet compliment. I'm young at heart, but 32 in years! You have officially made my day:)

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
Oooh that is such a lovely look!! and what a fantastic pic of your grandma, thankyou for sharing :)

Well I was particularly pleased with how my hair came out today considering this is day 3 after following fleurs tutorial

miaow3.jpg

again apologies for the pic but I am having to do self portraits atm

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lolita, LOVE the braids, I wear em a lot too. The daffies really look cute!

Good job Amber!

I went ahead and got an inch and a half trimmed off mine, so it should curl and lay better now!

Nikki

kerry

One of the Regulars
Hi, This is my first attempt at vintage hair. Its not very neat and I had to hairspray my bangs up at the front (I'm growing them out) but Im quite pleased with the results. Do you think Im going along the right tracks?
Kerry:)

hair-thought.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic