Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Ok here's my hair today, I love it, I did a dry set with setting lotion and lots and lots of pin curls. It turned out so great. You can't really tell but the front is in 2 big curls on the left side and 1 on the right.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Don't you just love the beehive!

Antje -
You look so elegant in the beehive style. It really brings out your gorgeous features, that long neck and high cheekbones! I've been wearing mine more and more lately - I don't know what it is. Maybe spring is in the air.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
Hi LilyPowers- When I was just getting started into the real vintage stuff about mid Feb 09 I happened to look under vintage accessories one day and typed in hats. One can pull up listings by era. Just looked through all the auctions and came across this one.

I have my fav sellers that I have bought almost all my hats from, and a husband and wife team vintage dealers out here our family work with that live about an hour from us. She "Miz Jula" got me started with four vintage hats.

I call them both members of my "team", people I go to for getting everything. At Nordstrom I've got my skin care gal, my personal shopper for clothes, a saleslady in the boys dept for our son, etc. I just added now a vintage hairstylist in SF to my team!

ChanteuseCarey I've always appreciated any history on items I've won in auction or purchased directly from vendors. Honor the Vintage, is my motto. :)

Lillemor

One Too Many
TheSwingingBee, I love your hair, style, and the lipstick and necklace are a beautiful contrast to your blue top and they match perfectly! Your hair is so enviable.

Antje

One Too Many
My hair today, after a days work I even biked forward and back to work without really ruin my do

2nlcker.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
very pretty, especially the curl at the top of your face...

Didn't realzie you had long hair, cu' I'd just seen you mad men do...

JMHO, but this is much prettier and softer for you than the 60s mad men. If you usually do vintage 1960s have you tried the 1940s? You'd look great...

Antje said:
My hair today, after a days work I even biked forward and back to work without really ruin my do

2nlcker.jpg

Blondie

Practically Family
DecoDoll, AMAZING !!!! you look fabulous !
Antje, LOVE the semi beehive do, very becoming on you !
The Swinging Bee, FABULOUS !!!
All you ladies are such good hair stylists :eusa_clap

Antje

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Antje, you always have the best hairstyles!! how do you keep being so versatile?

anyway, I also remember this serious beautiful style.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=631460&postcount=4711

thanks, I think because of all the old movies i watch i always seem to get up with new ideas, and I am a hairdresser

chanteusecarey, thanks I always curl my hair real tight so you won't see the lenght.

deco darling, I love your do

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Antje, I love the behive but I always love your hair.
deco_darling, your hair is lovley as usual. I am also in love with that necklace. Is it vintage?
TheSwingingBee, I really love your hair. I wish I could master that look.

This is my attempt at a 30's style with my somewhat natural hair.
009_13A.jpg

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
deco_darling, your hair is lovley as usual. I am also in love with that necklace. Is it vintage?

THANK YOU! Your hair looks great! What a good job! I'm sure you could do a lot with it, since you have a natural curl!
Oh, the necklace is vintage. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo