Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Sharp coats, everyone. Here are a couple pictures of that London Fog overcoat I posted about earlier:

IMG_1001_zpsd7cf2c73.jpg

Without hat and collar is flipped up: http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/TheAntiquarian/IMG_1002_zps87da4f65.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Yes, and the shoulders seem to be in decent shape; a rarity with vintage raglans as most have been stored on ill fitting hangers which lead to deformities in the shoulders.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Great one Two Types.

Here the 30's Barker coat I received from Two Types (Thanks!).
It's a pointy lapel belted herringbone fleck. :eusa_clap

SAM_4203.jpg

SAM_4205.jpg

SAM_4210.jpg

It fits me good (sorry for the mannequin photos only - it is much easier to make good photographs that way), reaching below the knee.

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
It fits me good (sorry for the mannequin photos only - it is much easier to make good photographs that way), reaching below the knee.

Now that sounds like a familiar problem to me. Most overcoats that fit me in the shoulder/chest/waist area tend to end roughly at my knees. I've yet to come across an overcoat that really fits me top to bottom. ;)

This one looks splendid. Really love those flecks. :eusa_clap

As promised here are some pics shot this weekend. What we have here is an Ulster Paletot in our ancient Milanese tradition. This is something very special you don’t see very often.

Also, for your information, I reveal you about our new Tumblr page that will be ready very soon for all you Tumblr users.

dsc00180.jpg

Check more pictures of this overcoat at our own website: http://muselladembech.wordpress.com

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Here's a very lucky recent find for $30

"Dark Camel Single Breasted Covert Coat, made by Gieves and Hawkes of Savile Row. Currently on special for GBP375 (half price) a find I am very happy about as it fits perfectly."

30190562250_4.jpg

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
Here's my old Harris Tweed overcoat I got second hand for $20,
tumblr_mh9uf47DiO1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

I think its from the 20's 30's because the shop it was sold at is still around and the owner told me they stopped using this label in 1932 when they opened another shop in Vancouver.
tumblr_mh9uocBC7y1qhhvpco2_1280.jpg

I love this coat, the buttons are leather, the lining is satin, and the pockets are lined with velvet
And if anybody is an expert with Harris tweed Here's the label, its the oldest one i've seen.
tumblr_mh9uocBC7y1qhhvpco1_1280.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
VERY nice overcoat, FF!

Red Leader, I want to thank you again, and can't wait for it to be here!!

I just recieved a 1931 dated overcoat, so I will post some pics later tommorow, but here is the best photo I can offer for now:

00114.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Here are some more photos of my 1931 Overcoat.

It was made in Chicago, by a company/person named 'C. A. Lundberg', for a fellow byt he name of "G. M. Beard"? The coat is dated "Nov-5-31". My favorite part is that my father was born Nov. 5, 1969. I had no idea this was the date when I purchased the coar, I only knew it was dated 1931. It does have the usual Moth-munchie attacks, and some tears, but it very wearable, and heavy. It is really warm too. I think it may weigh around 5 lbs, but am not sure.

01017.jpg

01118.jpg

01214.jpg

01713.jpg

03410.jpg

04210.jpg

02310.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred