Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vanessa

One Too Many
So the picture isn't much - but I just got a pair of 50's Bermuda shorts for $2.25.

35_1_b.JPG

maisie

Practically Family
Caledonia, I love the CC41 shoes, how cute! What size are you as I can't seem to find any cute CC41 wedges above a size 4!!!!:rage:
Also the white pair you have are WWII Women marine shoes, i've got a pair to they are fab, but I have yet to wear them!!:D

Caledonia

Practically Family
Hi Maisie. I'm pretty much a standard UK 6.5, although it's amazing what I can squeeze my feet into if there's a peep toe or sling back :) The CCs are a 7 I think (they say 40 on the inside), but with an insole they fit great. I "refit" a lot of slightly big shoes by varying methods. Yes the white ones are marine dress. Also a definite size 7, but again.... I'm thinking about dying them to match a suit, because there is no way I'm going to keep them clean!

maisie

Practically Family
Oh, size 7 wedges......:rolleyes:
Anyways I adore the first two pairs especially the gold ones!!:D And I just have some sort of love for black 40's shoes, i must have about 6-7 pairs just cause they are just so cute and so different! Thats the best thing about vintage clothing you will hardly ever find 2 things the same!

Caledonia

Practically Family
That is so true. I only own about 6 pairs of modern shoes now, everything else is vintage, either ready to wear or in the refurbishment process :)

maisie

Practically Family
Caledonia said:
That is so true. I only own about 6 pairs of modern shoes now, everything else is vintage, either ready to wear or in the refurbishment process :)

I have only a couple of pairs of modern shoes, as I would rather spend money on a good pair of oh-so stylish 40's shoes that are made to last than a pair of modern shoes made out of plastic that will last all of about 2 minutes and will hurt my feet!!:rage:

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
Caledonia said:
Here are the last ones I've got photos uploaded for so far. The last two are 30s rather than 40s I think...
Oh, my, I'm so in love with the green pair! Lovely early to mid-30's style, which automatically equals "maaahvelous" to me. ;)

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
maisie said:
I have only a couple of pairs of modern shoes, as I would rather spend money on a good pair of oh-so stylish 40's shoes that are made to last than a pair of modern shoes made out of plastic that will last all of about 2 minutes and will hurt my feet!!:rage:

Me, too! I have these late 30's/early 40's black suede heels that are the most confortable things I've ever worn! Any brand new pairs I get always seem to require much more "breaking in" and give me blisters like crazy. :eek:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are a few items I recently won on ebay. It's been a slow few months. I haven't been able to find anything from the 20's, 30's or 40's that I really loved. I guess, in a way, this is good, because I had a chance to save some money. But, with the coming of spring/summer, I was in a shopping mood. I looked and looked and found nothing that put me in that excited state where I'm constantly going to the description on ebay to see if anyone else is bidding on it. I started to miss the excitement of the last minute of the auction, I pray that I have given myself just enough time to outbid the last bidder, and also that my bid is high enough to beat theirs, for you never know what their max bid is. Then even more excitement as I clench my teeth and tighten my fists in hopes that the fourteen seconds that are usually left on the clock, are not enough seconds for the out bid bidder to come in with yet an even higher price. Hooo, that was a mouth full!
Well anyway, I've noticed ebay is picking up a little bit, so I am able to somewhat satiate my need not only to buy, but my need to obtain cute summer dresses by way of gambling! That is what buying on ebay is, a gamble, am I wrong?? So first I scooped up two summer dresses in one auction at a fantastic price. Then I found this really neat little purse with lots of fun trinkets inside, and finally today I won a pretty sequin and rayon coctail dress. There is one more dress that I really liked, but I missed the auction =-(, but nobody bid on it, so I emailed the seller, waiting to hear back from her to find out if it will be re listed, or if she would be so kind to sell it to me directly.
WOW, sorry for such a very long post. I haven't been posting much here in the past few months, and I forgot how fun it can be. I guess I'm just making up for lost time. So, here's my loot, except the 2 cute day dresses, for some reason the picture I had of them are gone. I'll try to get some new ones over the weekend.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey again, I know I just posted one of my famously long messages, but I totally forgot one thing. Caledonia, you have a most fantastic collection of shoes. I sure am green with envy. I do have a pair very similar to the last ones that you have posted, the brown leather peep toes, but mine aren't peep toe, so are not as cute. You all are so lucky that you can actually wear these shoes. I have a few things going agianst me. First, I have rheumatoid arthritis. This is when my own immune system goes hay wire and attacks my body causing a major inflammatory response. I have it from the back down to the feet, which means that my feet are as swollen as a woman in her ninth month of pregnancy. In the morning they feel fine, but once I start walking around, they swell, and my shoes get very tight. I also have flat feet wich makes wearing those sexy high heels rather impossible, unless I want to be in pain the entire time I wear them. I do have good comfort in wedgies, and wish I could find more, as long as they are not too high. I recently bought a pair from Enzo, that really look 40's. The woman who sold them to me said that they would stretch out a lot, so I bought a pair that was a bit snug. She lied, but I'm the stupid one, for I know I always need to buy shoes that are a little loose in the morning.
Well, as I said, I adore your shoes. Keep posting more as they come in, so I can live vacariously through you gals with the good feet.

JustJen

Familiar Face
Shoes at last!!!!

I finally found shoes that will fit my 7.5 sized feet and I paid less than I expected for both pairs. The navy blue suede are really the most beautiful pair that I own at the moment! The snakeskin pair are NOS.....now that's HUGE find for me!

41_01.jpg

67_11.jpg

And then I actually found a dress at an online vintage store.....it's really one of the more lovely dresses that I own...... Here's the link:

http://pages.prototypevintage.com/6695/PictPage/1922869587.html

I just won this pattern and hat as well.....patterns are so hard to find in my size and this one was perfect.....I'm going to make the short sleeved one in navy with a white collar and waist and then add a white band around the bottom of the sleeves. Perfect to wear w/the navy platforms I won too.

94_01.jpg

dsp_s43151.jpg

I should probably stay off eBay for a while....LOL

Jen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav