Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Caledonia

Practically Family
Mmm, yes, gorgeous. I've done a bit of buying from Woodland Farm Antiques. Janet is really lovely to deal with, and a great selection of patterns. Shame I can never find a pair of shoes in my size!:(

Rosie

One Too Many
Lauren Henline said:
Ok, here's my newest little darlings.
9f_1.JPG

San Diego hankie with Balboa Park on it! Gotta love that cause I'm a local.
DSCF4615.jpg

And I'm really really hoping I didn't bid against any of you for this one, because the seller kept the user IDs private! I'm dying to make that bottom one in satin. Yummy!

Great buys ladies! I just watched Double Indemnity today and Barabra Stanwyck wore a blouse like the one in this bottom pattern and I thought to myself, wow, I've got to make myself a blouse like that thinking about thouse great dramatic sleeves and here it is.

Katydid, you are too cute for words, you look darling in that pink. I just bought some material similar to that print and was wondering what I might do with it.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Rosie said:
Katydid, you are too cute for words, you look darling in that pink. I just bought some material similar to that print and was wondering what I might do with it.
Thanks Rosie! You're sweet to say so. I just can't gain any weight, the dress fits too perfectly and I need to reinforce the snaps on the sides because they are a bit loose.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Katydid said:
I just won these yesterday! I hope they fit, I hope I hope I hope. I've been searching for a pair in my size for forever!
specatorpumpspair1.jpg

Also, my boyfriend went on a slight shopping spree a couple weeks ago and bought me two dresses, two hats, and two bags (not that he didn't spend an equal amount of money on himself too!) I just don't have pics yet and my camera software is givine me a royal pain but I'll post some pics as soon as I have them. The one dress is a sleeveless summer dress light red (but not quite pink) with cream polkadots with a matching jacket that's scallopped around the the edges with a double row of bakelite buttons down the front. It was more money than I would have paid but my boyfriend insisted so who was I to turn him down? :D

Those shoes are AMAZING!!

Katydid

One of the Regulars
colleency said:
Katydid, I love your cape! And you look too cute in everything!
Thanks so much!!! The cape was a total steal.

Jitterbugdoll, have you made the dress yet? I love the sweetheart neckline and the gathering at the shoulders.

Katiemakeup, I just got those shoes yesterday and they fit! Hooray!!!:D

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I got me navy blue Marlene trousers at.... H & M for 19,90 €!!!! They are lovely with little buttons in the front. I probably take photos with it this weekend if the weather stays fine. I plan to get more of those in different colours ;)

Caledonia

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
I know!! I love her! She's the biggest sweetheart ever!

I think, but could be wrong, that her son is Vintage Martini. Whatever, have you seen the 50s Ferragamo stilletos he has! I know 50s are a bit outside the era, but they are so fabulous. If I didn't have to cut my feet in half lengthwise to get into them.... Sorry, need a tissue, I'm drooling!:)

6659.html

decodoll

Practically Family
I really, really, really splurged on these, but they were just too wonderful to pass up! :) I figure the money from the dress I just sold on ebay almost pays for them... Completely deadstock. The laces aren't even in yet.

154005958.jpg

154005992.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Caledonia, indeed he is her son! They sell at the Santa Monica Vintage Expo once a year together :)

DecoDoll, as always, amazing shoes! Pretty crazy that the laces aren't even in yet!

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks, girls! I can't wait to get them! They were a real splurge, but at least still less than a pair at Remix! (makes me feel better to think of it that way! :rolleyes: )

maisie

Practically Family
Decodoll, gorgeous shoes! I saw them listed but they are only a 8M! Damn big feet!:rage: I hope they fit you as they will look super on!

Caledonia

Practically Family
Decodoll, I have to come round right now and cunningly dispose of you after forcing you to make out a will in my favour! Those are absolutely stunning. I've just spent the entire evening photographing my shoes and bags, so I can put some of my own favourites up shortly. But, I definitely do not have anything as covetable as those. Way to go!:D

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks, Rosie!

maisie said:
Decodoll, gorgeous shoes! I saw them listed but they are only a 8M! Damn big feet!:rage: I hope they fit you as they will look super on!

Thank you, Maise! Actually, going by the measurements, they're only a 7. She better have measured right! She has over 2000 feedback and only 2 negatives, so I'm trusting her. :)

Caledonia said:
Decodoll, I have to come round right now and cunningly dispose of you after forcing you to make out a will in my favour! Those are absolutely stunning. I've just spent the entire evening photographing my shoes and bags, so I can put some of my own favourites up shortly. But, I definitely do not have anything as covetable as those. Way to go!

lol lol lol

I can't wait to see your collection! I'm sure that it's perfectly lovely. :)

Etienne

A-List Customer
Decodoll, somehow I missed something in this thread. I can't find the link to the seller of the shoes you are showing here. They are just completely adorable and I know they will be stunning on you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara