Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Caledonia

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
dsp_b4883.jpg

db_1_b.jpg

I adore the two buttericks. What a fantastic buy on the lot. I have a couple of these too. Here are my favourite 1934 and 1935 patterns.

30spatterns.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/50selegance_photos/30spatterns2.jpg

Caledonia

Practically Family
Thanks. And in case you were watching I've just deleted myself twice because I forgot to attach rather than copy! :eusa_doh: Here's what I meant to show you. Another trouser one for you Decodoll (don't we just love the trouser patterns!), and a Vogue couturier I picked up. And I love the top left hat in the simplicity. All 37
30spatterns5.jpg

30spatterns3001.jpg

30spatterns4.jpg

Caledonia

Practically Family
Having a minor panic in case anybody thinks I write on the pattern sleeves :eek: . No way! It's on the protective sleeve. Any I'll try and work out how to resize the images - they're a bit big. :eek:

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks for posting that! I'll have to keep on the lookout for that Ginger Rogers pattern!! Trousers and Ginger Rogers...can't get much better than that!!!

And I didn't think you'd write on the patterns. :) I just assumed they had come that way.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
I just won these yesterday! I hope they fit, I hope I hope I hope. I've been searching for a pair in my size for forever!
specatorpumpspair1.jpg

Also, my boyfriend went on a slight shopping spree a couple weeks ago and bought me two dresses, two hats, and two bags (not that he didn't spend an equal amount of money on himself too!) I just don't have pics yet and my camera software is givine me a royal pain but I'll post some pics as soon as I have them. The one dress is a sleeveless summer dress light red (but not quite pink) with cream polkadots with a matching jacket that's scallopped around the the edges with a double row of bakelite buttons down the front. It was more money than I would have paid but my boyfriend insisted so who was I to turn him down? :D

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I received the doll hat that Decodoll made for me in the mail yesterday, and it is just lovely! I'll be wearing it on Friday as part of my 1940s cigarette girl uniform (I am attending a grand opening of a new antique store), and will post pictures afterwards :)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Katydid said:
I just won these yesterday! I hope they fit, I hope I hope I hope. I've been searching for a pair in my size for forever!
specatorpumpspair1.jpg

Also, my boyfriend went on a slight shopping spree a couple weeks ago and bought me two dresses, two hats, and two bags (not that he didn't spend an equal amount of money on himself too!) I just don't have pics yet and my camera software is givine me a royal pain but I'll post some pics as soon as I have them. The one dress is a sleeveless summer dress light red (but not quite pink) with cream polkadots with a matching jacket that's scallopped around the the edges with a double row of bakelite buttons down the front. It was more money than I would have paid but my boyfriend insisted so who was I to turn him down? :D
Wow, what a great boyfriend! :D Those shoes are really cute!
I just bought a vintage fur coat in sable, I think it's made in the 30's [huh] me and the mister are going to a fancy dinner party this Saturday night so I'll get a pic of us all dressed up (with the coat on of course ;) )

decodoll

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
I received the doll hat that Decodoll made for me in the mail yesterday, and it is just lovely! I'll be wearing it on Friday as part of my 1940s cigarette girl uniform (I am attending a grand opening of a new antique store), and will post pictures afterwards :)

I'm so thrilled to hear you're happy with it! I can't wait to see the pics of you in your whole outfit! :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ok, here's my newest little darlings.
9f_1.JPG

San Diego hankie with Balboa Park on it! Gotta love that cause I'm a local.
DSCF4615.jpg

And I'm really really hoping I didn't bid against any of you for this one, because the seller kept the user IDs private! I'm dying to make that bottom one in satin. Yummy!

ladyk

Familiar Face
Caledonia said:
Wow LadyK, you look great in your avatar! Is the coat belted or more of a polo coat?

Thank you kindly. It's more of a polo coat style... I love it to bits. Its by an English company from the forties called sunblush... so lovely! And blimey do I get good wear out of it.

My latest aquisition on ebay -

72_1.JPG

A little more colourful than what I usually go for, but London is getting hotter and I really need to increase my summer wear selection.

I'm going to one of my favourite shops yard sales next week, so hopefully more bargains will be had there.

xx

Katydid

One of the Regulars
A few patterns

I think these pics might come out huge. Sorry! I bought these from Woodland Farms a couple weeks ago. I'll add them to my pile of things to make. I have plenty of patterns but no fabric. Any good suggestions for places to buy vintage fabric?
missesdress.jpg

pleateddress.jpg

Afternoondressandbolero.jpg

I bought two more patterns at the airshow but no pics of them yet.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Just a couple more

These are all recent purchases. Some I bought at the airshow. I felt compelled to buy since I don't get around much to vintage stores.
salljapanese.jpg

The dress I bought in Shrewsbury. The shoes are ebay and postwar (Made in West Germany) but I liked them anyway. The hat and purse I found at the homefront store at the show.

smallkiss.jpg

You can't see my cape very well here but it's a little broad in the shoulders; nothing noticeable and was a life saver that evening

smalloutside.jpg

The hat was a big hit at church. The older members of the congregation kept pointing at me and were all a flutter about how they used to wear hats and gloves to church all the time. One woman even came up to me and started reminiscing about her husband's time in the service and how it put off all her plans to be married by a certain age.

I also bought an Army sweetheart pin. It's a brown wooden heart with a metal Army emblem on it. All the rhinestones are still attached and it's in really great condition. It also went great with the wooden buttons and brown trim on the cloak. It was only appropriate since my boyfriend reeancts Army and is in the Army in real life. I spent about $280 at the Airshow.:rolleyes: Oops....[huh]

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
My most recent purchase was an Alfred Shaheen repro by:
http://www.whirlingturban.com/index.html

Here I am with Rachel (she is about to start pinup modeling,so we'll be seeing more of this little dollface)
47b6d824b3127cce898bb3a5db8500000016109AbOXLFk0bS

and a closeup:
47b6d824b3127cce898bb3a1db8100000016109AbOXLFk0bS

I highly recommend this company and hope to start a collection of her designs over time.They aren't cheap,but they aren't cheaply made either,worth every penny.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Katydid-I love your purchases,it is so nice to see women wearing hats,and the little pink number is darling.

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Thanks rubyredlocks! Love the other dresses on the website. Do you know of anywhere to find 40's style Hawaaian dresses? Brian does early war Pacific at Reading and next year I want to wear something tropical but I don't know where to start. Was Hawaiian fashion heavily influenced by sarongs and tropical print? I can't even find a pattern.

magneto

Practically Family
Katydid said:
Thanks rubyredlocks! Love the other dresses on the website. Do you know of anywhere to find 40's style Hawaaian dresses? Brian does early war Pacific at Reading and next year I want to wear something tropical but I don't know where to start. Was Hawaiian fashion heavily influenced by sarongs and tropical print? I can't even find a pattern.

Hope you don't mind my jumping in, but somewhat, I think so (AFAIK the style came to Hawaii via Polynesian influencei).
You should be able to find something; tropical/sarong influenced dresses were very popular. Edith Head (the movie dress designer who designed Dorothy Lamour's costumes in the 30s/40s), even made Dorothy's wedding dress in a sarong style.

There's a 40's "Hawaiian sarong dress" on this page, maybe something like this? (search in the page for "sarong", it's far down):
http://www.americanvintageclassics.com/wdresses40s.html
(pic) http://www.americanvintageclassics.com/picsr/rd4019.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis