Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

SayCici

Practically Family
Medvssa said:
IMG_4368.JPG
IMG_4347.JPG
Gorgeous! The belt works perfectly.

Inky

One Too Many
not so much a purchase as a gift from my mother - this set of samsonite suitcases that had belonged to my great-grandmother and are monogrammed with her initials HLG. I have coveted these cases for a long time and am thrilled to have them. this weekend we ran away from home and I used them!

3940579683_e241b2e3e8.jpg

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
The shirt is from Pin Up Girl Clothing, and the pants are from the Banana Republic Outlet store. They are about as "high waisted" as I can go and I LOVE them!

pants.jpg

Love the outfit! How do you like that top? Do you find it runs true to size? What is the fabric like? I was thinking about ordering a few things from pinup couture. Sorry about all the questions but I hate to spend a lot of money and not like something.

Emer

One of the Regulars
Bombshell Becca said:
Love the outfit! How do you like that top? Do you find it runs true to size? What is the fabric like? I was thinking about ordering a few things from pinup couture. Sorry about all the questions but I hate to spend a lot of money and not like something.

I really like the shirt. It was an XS, which is not my usual size, but fit me more snug the way I wanted. It has some good stretch to it. If you read what their items are made out of, most of them are a poly/spandex stretch fabric which allows you to buy a size smaller than normal. One of the first items I purchased was a dress made from the poly/spandex and I ordered in my normal dress size (M) and I definitely could have worn a small better! Would have hugged the curves more appropriately. ;) Just make sure you read what kind of fabirc it is. If it has stretch, then play it by ear and buy according to how you like things to fit you.

Side note: I bought a dress from the Dixiefried line and I had a hell of time! My "normal" size was waaaay too small in the waist, as was the next size up. So I had to order 2 sizes up to fit me, but had to have the bustline taken in 2 sizes. [huh] But the Pin-Up Coture line tends to run much more true to size.

texasgirl

One Too Many
I did a trade and now have 3 new dresses! This is the only one I have a photo of though, but it's the prettiest :)

A friend in the racoon, me and my husband:
ry3D480-1.jpg

104_4300.jpg
104_4307.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
i want to dance around in ALL of your closets!

Lauren - that is a lovely suit and looks terrific on you!

Texasgirl
- oh how i want a velvet dress! some day :)

cecil - that black dress is lovely!

As for me I finally caved in and thanks to Blondie, she found me a 49er style jacket that I hope will fit me nicely! It's red (of course!), evergreen and cream.

3949589232_6bcda2e31f_o.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
I bought 3 beautiful brooches to go with my new coat. I want to buy one more, but I could afford these 3 right now and I wanted to jump on it! I love them all so much! I knew I wanted pearls and diamonds so that I could wear them with either pair of my signature earrings.

I love this one as it looks a bit like a snowflake. It's about 1.25-inches in diameter.

125inches.jpg

This one is is about 1.5-inches at the longest point. I'll actually wear it with the little "leaf" up.

15inches.jpg

This one is the smallest at just 1-inch, but it's my favorite! I don't know why, but it's special.

12x1.jpg

I spent under $35 for all of them with shipping included! :D They are my very first vintage brooches! I have only 1 other brooch, but it's a pin I took off a dress. So technically these are my first brooches ever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic