Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jitterbugdoll said:
Your closet will need a lock, too! Luckily, neither of us minds sharing, so I guess that means both of our wardrobes have technically doubled. ;)lol

That's a great way to think about it!! My closet is always open to you. I'm just glad that someone is getting use out of the clothes that no longer fit me!. Also, I'll have to lose weight to fit into your clothes, so your motivating me to do it. The thought of having double the wardrobe without spending money is enough to make me eat carrot sticks for the rest of my days!!
I think Hemingway Jones will be happy too, lets just not tell him that we have double the wardrobe. It might cause him to say to you "Well that's great, now you don't need to go to Bobby's anymore since you have such a big wardrobe!" That would certainly be bad!!! But don't worry, you can always hide anything you buy at my place. I promise to take very good care of it:D

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
That's a great way to think about it!! My closet is always open to you. I'm just glad that someone is getting use out of the clothes that no longer fit me!. Also, I'll have to lose weight to fit into your clothes, so your motivating me to do it. The thought of having double the wardrobe without spending money is enough to make me eat carrot sticks for the rest of my days!!
I think Hemingway Jones will be happy too, lets just not tell him that we have double the wardrobe. It might cause him to say to you "Well that's great, now you don't need to go to Bobby's anymore since you have such a big wardrobe!" That would certainly be bad!!! But don't worry, you can always hide anything you buy at my place. I promise to take very good care of it:D

It's not so close that a guy would notice the similarity--you know how observant they can be. ;) But wouldn't you know, he's already told me that I don't have to stop shopping! lol Of course, I'll have to find a new job right away to pay for my purchases...;)lol

I do have to clean out my closets before the move though...sigh.:rolleyes:

Grace

Vendor
Either you ladies are very lucky, or your pockets are much deeper than mine. I've lost out on everything I've bid on this week! not like I need to be spending money, anways...

Beautiful things! Daisy-as always your wins are incredible! And I am LOVING those pin up girl Vogarts....killer!

Daisy Buchanan

jitterbugdoll said:
It's not so close that a guy would notice the similarity--you know how observant they can be. ;) But wouldn't you know, he's already told me that I don't have to stop shopping! lol Of course, I'll have to find a new job right away to pay for my purchases...;)lol

I do have to clean out my closets before the move though...sigh.:rolleyes:

Thats so darn sweet!! I didn't think he would ever do something that would make you unhappy! Oh Goody, I have the coolest shopping partner ever!! It is pretty amazing when we go to Bobby's. It seems that you always pick the best racks first. I'll be looking and finding nothing, but you'll end up with armfuls of incredible finds, usually for the both of us. I think the next time we go, I'll just sit back and watch and you can look through all the racks of clothing! It will be like you're my own personal shopper!:p
I did speak to Bobby on the phone a few days ago. He told me he's got some movie deals in the works. If they do come through he wants the two of us to help with the costume consulting. He'll need us to go through the warehouse and pull outfits for the actors and actresses. I'm not a star struck person, but it would be so cool if we could be involved with a Hollywood production. Who knows, maybe we'll even be credited, and paid! I could think of nothing better than getting paid for shopping!
Oh by the way, our little friend Nick, who was so thrilled about turning 18 last week says to me "You know I'm legal now, which means that I could take you out on the town"!!! I'm so glad that the first date I get asked on in ages is by a teenager!! Maybe you and Hem would join us for a double date!!:eek:

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thats so darn sweet!! I didn't think he would ever do something that would make you unhappy! Oh Goody, I have the coolest shopping partner ever!! It is pretty amazing when we go to Bobby's. It seems that you always pick the best racks first. I'll be looking and finding nothing, but you'll end up with armfuls of incredible finds, usually for the both of us. I think the next time we go, I'll just sit back and watch and you can look through all the racks of clothing! It will be like you're my own personal shopper!:p
I did speak to Bobby on the phone a few days ago. He told me he's got some movie deals in the works. If they do come through he wants the two of us to help with the costume consulting. He'll need us to go through the warehouse and pull outfits for the actors and actresses. I'm not a star struck person, but it would be so cool if we could be involved with a Hollywood production. Who knows, maybe we'll even be credited, and paid! I could think of nothing better than getting paid for shopping!
Oh by the way, our little friend Nick, who was so thrilled about turning 18 last week says to me "You know I'm legal now, which means that I could take you out on the town"!!! I'm so glad that the first date I get asked on in ages is by a teenager!! Maybe you and Hem would join us for a double date!!:eek:

It's so nice to have such a good friend who will be living nearby. I can’t wait to hang out with you once I move! :)

We definitely could do costuming--if we didn't run off with half the wardrobe first. lol How nice of Bobby to think of us. :)

And hey--Nick may be a young one, but he does have great taste in women. ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Daisy Buchanan said:

is he the adorable one who works at Bobby's? i <3 him. i took a friend of mine in there one day. they go to talking and she told him she was a high school teacher. he was so cute - "wow, i wish YOU were my teacher". hahaha he sure knows how to hit on the older women :)

i'd love to go shopping with you ladies sometime!

Daisy Buchanan

jitterbugdoll said:
It's so nice to have such a good friend who will be living nearby. I can’t wait to hang out with you once I move! :)

We definitely could do costuming--if we didn't run off with half the wardrobe first. lol How nice of Bobby to think of us. :)

And hey--Nick may be a young one, but he does have great taste in women. ;)

I'm so psyched to have a good friend so close too! I'm so happy for you and Hem. Not to come across as selfish or anything, but I really made out too! It's so great that he found such a wonderful girl and that I'm getting a good friend out of it too. So, he's not the only one who lucked out:)

Nick is a cutie! I think I actually blushed when he asked me out. I didn't know what to say, so I just said "I don't think your Mom would appreciate you bringing home a girl so much older than you." "She might think there's something funny going on". His response was so sweet. He said "My Mom would be so thrilled that I found a normal girl who was also very pretty"!! Of course I was flattered and I did tell him that maybe someday we could meet up, as friends. He then told me that he hangs out with a lot of friends that are older than him. He even has a friend who's 25. Wow, 25, that certainly is "old"!!! I'm 32, so I must be ancient! I can just imagine his young friends asking me to buy them alcohol for their house parties!

KittyT said:
is he the adorable one who works at Bobby's? i <3 him. i took a friend of mine in there one day. they go to talking and she told him she was a high school teacher. he was so cute - "wow, i wish YOU were my teacher". hahaha he sure knows how to hit on the older women :)

i'd love to go shopping with you ladies sometime!

Yes, Nick is the adorable kid who works for Bobby. He's the "mod" kid who's really skinny, I think I weigh twice his weight, but he's so sweet. When things come into the shoppe that are my size and he thinks I'll like he puts them aside for me. I've had to stop trying on clothes in the store when he's there, for it's a little weird to have this young kid hand me clothes and say "this would look great on you, let me see it on!". It is so sweet that he thinks of me when new items come into the store and just about everything he picks out I like and fits. Bobby is such a sweet guy. He'll occasionally call if he doesn't see me for a while to check in and make sure I'm OK. Now if I go into the store and he isn't there, Nick will call him to let him know I came in. Bobby will ask what I'm planning on buying and he'll tell Nick the "new" prices. He really is a great guy!
Did you know that Nick is opening his own store. I'm so happy for him, I think he's specializing in 50's and 60's. He's so thrilled, but I'm a bit worried for him. Opening these kind of stores can be tough. He has experience with it being that he's worked for Bobby for so long, and I know Bobby is helping him out with the business end of things. I really want the shoppe to work out for him. But, he's an 18 year old kid, and he's got really big dreams, which I think it's great. He's just never been disappointed by anything before, so he doesn't have the experience to see the potential reality of his business endeavor. I do hope that his shoppe has the greatest success. I just don't want him to get down and lose his creative motivation if this doesn't work out for him. A blow like that to a kid who's never known any type of disappointment can be devastating. I'll definitely stop by to see how he is doing, but unfortunately I'm really not into the era's he's selling. Although he has told me that if he comes across something from the era's that I like while he's buying things for the store, he will pick it up for me. Bobby is a great support to him as well.

We'll definitely plan a shopping trip! It'd be so much fun to meet up for a "ladies lunch" and then hit Bobby's and Cafe Society. There are quite a few Lady Loungers in the Boston area and in other parts of Massachusetts. We should do what the ladies in AZ did and plan a ladies lunch. It'd be so nice to meet up with you!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I just won this little gem, yay another milestone! My first compact:D

Compact.jpg

The blue is apparently a camera flare it's described as all white Mother of Pearl, with the rose carved into it.

compact2.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
CanadaDoll said:
I just won this little gem, yay another milestone! My first compact:D

Compact.jpg

The blue is apparently a camera flare it's described as all white Mother of Pearl, with the rose carved into it.

compact2.jpg

Oooh.. now you are talking my language....

Its lovely! Quick...go post it on the Show us your compacts thread too!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Yes Ma'am!!!! *Salutes and runs off to post*lol

Thanks Miss N, you got the bug to bite me, but upon further inspection I found that the original powder is still in it, gee darn now I have to get the other one I've been eyeing to put my foundation in.lol :D

Kimberly

Practically Family
Wooo Hoooo!! I found a vintage boutique about 1 mile away from my work. It is called Unique Botique on Highland Street in Worcester and she has a lot of great stuff, most of which was either too big or too small for me. :rolleyes:

The prices are pretty good and she had a sale that I took full advantage of. Both of these cost me just shy of $30.00!!

This is a black pelpum dress that looks really nice on.

BlackDress.jpg

Closeup of the detail

closeupblackdress.jpg

I also got this adorable blouse. What you see is not stains, but a yellow fabric that is there is sporadic places.

blouse.jpg

Best of all, she will call me when clothes come in that she thinks I will like! :eusa_clap. I feel good now. I was starting to get serious withdrawls from not being able to shop due to my hectic work schedule!

Kimberly

Practically Family
It could be for all we know! There were no labels and it is most likely a modern size 6.

I just got this off of the bay. I have this obsession with suits and decided to buy it. It is a lightweight linen and has a great tag!

graysuit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou