Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lillemor

One Too Many
SayCici said:
2vabioo.jpg

I found each pair for $3-4! The ones on the outside are much later than 50s but I still really like them. :)

The black ones make me long for the ones I wore for my high school graduation but at some point decided were unfashionable and threw away.:(

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Lillemor, my Nana wore a pair of shoes like that to my Mother's wedding in 1964. I used to love trying them on when I was a little girl.

When she died I didn't want to let them go but her feet were tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny, about a size 1 or 2, I think, so we sent them to the charity shop in the hopes that someone might fit them. :)

Actually, I still have the dress she wore, so I don't feel too sad about the shoes, even if they were really nice.

Coopsgirl

New in Town
Here's a beautiful velvet capelet from the 30s I recently found at one of our great vintage clothes stores in Austin. They have the best stuff!!

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

I got these gloves there too and I love to wear them. They are so feminine and pretty.

IMG_4932.jpg

I found this fan at an antique store and I don't know how old it is but it's very fragile so I'm super careful with it.

IMG_4933.jpg

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Coopsgirl said:
Here's a beautiful velvet capelet from the 30s I recently found at one of our great vintage clothes stores in Austin. They have the best stuff!!

IMG_4916.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

I got these gloves there too and I love to wear them. They are so feminine and pretty.

IMG_4932.jpg

I found this fan at an antique store and I don't know how old it is but it's very fragile so I'm super careful with it.

IMG_4933.jpg

I have those exact same gloves but, mine came in their original box! Wow! :eek:

I love the 30's cape so much, I have been looking fo something just like it. Greatfinds.

Samantha

Shirin

A-List Customer
Oh you luck gal (coopersgirl) those are awesome scores! I love that cape and those gloves. I almost picked up a pair just like that a few months back.

SayCici

Practically Family
Some great finds at my first estate sale! I'll be selling a bunch of these:
3645148665_56dd4cf412.jpg

3645149099_f1c37c2354.jpg

3645957452_6d78918e00.jpg

(There are no big stains on this, that's just the lighting!)
3645148957_ec8274b202.jpg

3645957626_90f59314c1_o.jpg

3645151099_9f7e51a407.jpg

3645149285_705216fdcb.jpg

3645959212_e939e57ba5.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family

I love love love this! I've been wanting something like that for ages. Hopefully one day will be my lucky day too...

SayCici

Practically Family
crazydaisy said:

I love love love this! I've been wanting something like that for ages. Hopefully one day will be my lucky day too...
:] Hehe well it's not staying with me, I looked like a sallow 4,000 year old vampire in it.

Lauren, definitely!

Coopsgirl, love the cape!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
well if you want to sell that would you pm me with the measurements and the price please? or have you posted it already on etsy or ebay?

SayCici

Practically Family
crazydaisy said:
well if you want to sell that would you pm me with the measurements and the price please? or have you posted it already on etsy or ebay?
Of course! I haven't posted it anywhere yet, I should be able to get the precise measurements tonight or tomorrow and get back to you! For an idea of its size, though, I'm 34B and a 24" waist and it's around my size or a little bigger.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I definitely was very lucky - it has to happen some time!

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
I have such a hard time figuring out links and pictures, but I did want to mention that I received the Sweetie dress from Trashy Diva that I ordered recently, and I wanted to give a little mini-review because I know a few other ladies here (Fleur and MaryDeluxe) were considering it as well. The fit seems right on the money according to the size chart on the website. I find the armholes a bit high, but it is a vintage fit, so maybe that is to be expected? I don't think it will bother me. The pattern is very pretty in person, and the rayon irons up nicely and has a great drape. I would like for the belt to be an inch longer--I think that I will have to secure it to keep it from pulling lose, maybe a safety pin in back. My waist is thick in relation to my bust/hip ratio, so on someone with a smaller waist, it would be fine. Again, it's a vintage fit, so that is not unexpected. The pockets on the front are a cute detail, and the cap sleeves are very pretty. The quality seems to be good--the invisible zipper is well-placed and all the interior seams are nicely serged. I found the ordering and shipping process to be straighforward. So, overall, it's a lovely dress, and if you are on the fence, I say go for it!lol

Coopsgirl

New in Town
SayCici, what great finds!! I never seem to be able to locate any estate sales; maybe one of these days. :)

I don't know anything about those gloves I found but they look kinda 50s to me. They fit perfectly and are easy to hand wash. They're easy to drive in too which is nice.

I don't know what I'd be able to wear the cape too (I never go anywhere very fancy). I've seen pics of actresses from the 30s wearing ones similar to it at parties and movie premieres and I just couldn't resist it.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
!BU,OUFwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKkYEjlLm(TDiBKN((kS4Zg~~_12.JPG

$4 :D
The Lady Washington card I couldnt give a flying fig about, its the 20s/early 30s card with the blue MOP that I wanted.
Yay buttons!

And...

P1180762.JPG

Yay Smocking!!

LD

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I bought this armoire a couple of weeks back and finally got around to photographing it! I'm really happy with it, especially the lovely handles.

Shrinking Violet tipped me about it, and she got a lovely little piece that goes together with it, SV post pics if you can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24