Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
next ones are a pair of 'Angus Westley' sadly too big for me but again in very nice condition;
jkzxfl.jpg
33f6q1d.jpg

qqecmv.jpg
out9hw.jpg

2u5ytrq.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
camerapictures023_zps02d18e5f.jpg
[/URL][/URL]

You can see in the picture of the sole, there is an extra layer of leather, sort of like a "topy" added to the sole, it actually covers the stitching of the sole, and there is a slight lip on the side of the soles where that slice of leather extends out just a hair.
That's an odd finish to the sole; part channeled and part stiched aloft.

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
That's a shame TT and the way of things, however I do believe forums such as this one are causing some green shoots to appear...a friend in the clothing trade(mainly outdoor) told me recently that there are some companies now starting to start producing in the UK again!....did you get my PM BTW?
There aren't any shoe makers left in Burton Latimer these days.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
So you won't divulge the names? You know what the kids over at Style Forum would say; give up the names or they don't exist.

Not trying to start any trouble, just help the poster. In general, I make a rule of not posting the names of those I do business with professionally onto websites. I will always refer a friend to a business contact, though. I'm not trying to be a "wise-guy" or "know-it-all". I'm just a guy with OCD (obsessive compulsive) who has spent the last 5 years sucking up everything I can find in relation to Mens' Shoes (I also deal with modern top-tier as well). I am always learning new things and am very happy to share.

As for SF, there are quite a few gentlemen over there that have had their first taste of True Vintage (after years of being strict EG, JL, etc purchasers) thru me. Although they sometimes break stones about dropping names, most are thankful for the anonymity I provide them .

phebus

One of the Regulars
Found these at a thrift shop and just had to get them because I didn't have any white shoes.
Can anyone tell me approximately when they were made?
They say E.T. Wright inside:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Found these at a thrift shop and just had to get them because I didn't have any white shoes.
Can anyone tell me approximately when they were made?
They say E.T. Wright inside:

I've had a pair just like them purchased at Hudsons many many years ago. Those are well made shoes, condition them and take care they will last a long long time. Mine did, perhaps 18 years or so? I will agree perhaps 1970's as that is when I purchased mine. ET Wright has made some really nice well built shoes, they are sure missed! You did well on those for sure.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That's an odd finish to the sole; part channeled and part stiched aloft.

Yes, there are different, the stitching shows all around the upper welt, but only a "go through" on the one side of the sole. I have owned maybe 3 pairs of Salvatores and like them all, but these are made a bit more on the heavy side, which is something I have always personally liked more than a light weight shoe. These sure are some "pretty" shoes, as my Wife says.....and they are taking the edge off my wait for my shoes to be done and shipped from Vass.......I am still pacing the floors waiting! LOL!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Thank you!

my pleasure. Note that the pebble grain from the 70's is STILL very nice stuff. NOT the plasticky crap of today, but a nicer grade of stamped leather. That stuff is my favorite leather for rainy days. Even in white, it is pretty tough to stain (and my kids DO try to stain my white shoes!) Wear in good health.

phebus

One of the Regulars
Thanks again isshinryu, and its good to know these shoes served you well lovemyhats.

Now if I can just figure out what to wear these with! I don't even own a linen or seersucker suit yet. I've seen white shoes worn with navy pants before, and heard you can wear then with gray. Can I wear my khakis with them? Or should I just ask if there is something that I should definitely not wear them with? Do I need a white belt? White hat? Am I over-thinking this???

Thanks again isshinryu, and its good to know these shoes served you well lovemyhats.

Now if I can just figure out what to wear these with! I don't even own a linen or seersucker suit yet. I've seen white shoes worn with navy pants before, and heard you can wear then with gray. Can I wear my khakis with them? Or should I just ask if there is something that I should definitely not wear them with? Do I need a white belt? White hat? Am I over-thinking this???

White goes with everything---just not jeans and a t shirt please.... :p No white belt either. Shades of a used car salesman... :p

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Navy blue, is a good choice. I have come to own about 4 or 5 pair of really light blue trousers. One pair is light powder baby blue and the others close to that, and one pair a medium blue. Khaki pants can go with them. I wear sports coats and a few suits with white shoes, even in the 90 degree weather!

You can find a seersucker suit priced within a fair and moderate price on eBay, (depending on your size requirement and what you are willing to spend). I am still seeking one myself! LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara