Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

haistelija

New in Town
George Webb Veldtschoen Martin Zug grain shoes

I'm usually an UK 8 shoe size but also have a pair of Red Wing Foreman Chukka in UK 7.5 . How is the fit in this particular shoe? I found a pair in 7.5 UK and my feet measurement is 26,5 cm long but I'm worried they might be too snug or small.
The fit is quite generous. I use UK9/9,5 in sneakers(converse, Vans) and my Red Wings are UK8(Iron Rangers) and UK8,5(Postmans). My George Webbbs are UK8,5 and they fit well. I use them with thicker socks than the RWs.

willyto

One Too Many
The fit is quite generous. I use UK9/9,5 in sneakers(converse, Vans) and my Red Wings are UK8(Iron Rangers) and UK8,5(Postmans). My George Webbbs are UK8,5 and they fit well. I use them with thicker socks than the RWs.

Thank you very much. I pulled the trigger and making a best offer and getting a counter offer saved myself 50€. Now it's time to wait until they arrive, I will take some pictures then. They looked so great in your pictures that I didn't want to pass on them. I just hope they fit well enough.

They really seem to be a pair of sturdy shoes and I've never own a pair with that kind of construction.

haistelija

New in Town
Thank you very much. I pulled the trigger and making a best offer and getting a counter offer saved myself 50€. Now it's time to wait until they arrive, I will take some pictures then. They looked so great in your pictures that I didn't want to pass on them. I just hope they fit well enough.

They really seem to be a pair of sturdy shoes and I've never own a pair with that kind of construction.
Grats! That sounds like a great deal! I too really hope those fit as they look gorgeous! Really blows my pair out of the water, haha. The pair will most likely be very stiff as they look unworn. The thick leather sole will take some time to break in.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
On Christmas Eve, I was getting some cash from the ATM at our local supermarket. Walking away from the cash machine, whilst placing the bank notes in my wallet, a voice said: "Pardon me sir." I turned to see a uniformed police officer, his patrol car parked nearby.
A profanity crossed my mind, as in, what the **** could I have done. Guilty conscience, argued my wife. "How can I help you?" I asked the police officer. "Where did you get your shoes?" he asked. Turns out he's into the vintage scene, although I've never seen him at any of the venues I go to. "Colin Johnson Shoes," I explained. Just Google his name, you'll get there. And the shoes he liked?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
On Christmas Eve, I was getting some cash from the ATM at our local supermarket. Walking away from the cash machine, whilst placing the bank notes in my wallet, a voice said: "Pardon me sir." I turned to see a uniformed police officer, his patrol car parked nearby.
A profanity crossed my mind, as in, what the **** could I have done. Guilty conscience, argued my wife. "How can I help you?" I asked the police officer. "Where did you get your shoes?" he asked. Turns out he's into the vintage scene, although I've never seen him at any of the venues I go to. "Colin Johnson Shoes," I explained. Just Google his name, you'll get there. And the shoes he liked?

Super nice, hand made, right?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/LoveMyHats2020/s-l1600_zpsrypqjaar.jpg.html] [/URL]

Look at the "ventalator".....hahaha (Arnold Schwarzennegger....I'll be back)! If these shoes would only grow up to become a larger size.....they would be on their way here now! I have purchased already two pairs of nice shoes from the person selling this pair....they have a whole store full of vintage to sell....and I am going to do my best to buy all the larger sizes for Daniel or other Loungers! HAHA!

Mormonopoly

Familiar Face

Look at the "ventalator".....hahaha (Arnold Schwarzennegger....I'll be back)! If these shoes would only grow up to become a larger size.....they would be on their way here now! I have purchased already two pairs of nice shoes from the person selling this pair....they have a whole store full of vintage to sell....and I am going to do my best to buy all the larger sizes for Daniel or other Loungers! HAHA!

I've been following this seller as well, the stock they've found is really quite something!

willyto

One Too Many
Grats! That sounds like a great deal! I too really hope those fit as they look gorgeous! Really blows my pair out of the water, haha. The pair will most likely be very stiff as they look unworn. The thick leather sole will take some time to break in.

pKtXXxK.jpg

h6Sm8vL.jpg

kaHdv9r.jpg

I received my pair few weeks ago and your help with the fit was fantastic. They're a perfect fit and feel like a tank. I have used them 2-3 times a week since I got them.

They were very stiff but I've been wearing them around the house and the leather has adapted to my feet although the sole is very rigid. I can't stand on my heel because then the toe won't touch the floor so for the most part when standing still the rear heel area doesn't touch the floor at all. I can't really explain it but I'm sure it has to do with the very thick leather sole.

I think I will take them to the cobbler to add a piece of rubber to the heel and maybe metal toe because those area wear very fast.

I've never had replaced a leather sole on a shoe, does the construction affect during the process? Because Veldtshoen is not very common and I wonder who would be able to replace the sole once it wears.

Still wondering from which era are they.

haistelija

New in Town
Glad to hear my ramblings weren't utterly useless, haha! Those look really great! Damn I'm almost envious here!
I've never had replaced a leather sole on a shoe, does the construction affect during the process? Because Veldtshoen is not very common and I wonder who would be able to replace the sole once it wears.
If there is any downfall in veldtschoen construction this might me it. If the whole sole part is replaced it would be preferred that the cobbler would use the original stitching hole on the stitchdown part. That isn't the easiest job and as these are 360° welted that doesn't make it any easier. I had one pair of veldtschoens butchered by my local cobbler and wouldn't trust her with that kind of job again. I've heard quotes that a very skillful cobbler can resole veldtschoen/stitchdown constructed shoes somewhere around 5 times before the stitch holes in the leather are too worn. Here's some discussion of the matter. Somewhere on the SuFu thread were a couple of recommendations for cobblers that are well familiar with veldtschoen construction but couldn't find it fast enough to post here. IIRC ShoeHealer in the UK was one of the recommended ones. Actually imo leather sole works on this kind of construction well because several rubber top soles can be added and worn through before there's need for actual resole.

2075rami

One of the Regulars
These arrived today. First shot at a decent look. I like 'em!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452915574.894929.jpg

Bostonian Haymarket Pace in tan newbuck.

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
pKtXXxK.jpg

h6Sm8vL.jpg

kaHdv9r.jpg

I received my pair few weeks ago and your help with the fit was fantastic. They're a perfect fit and feel like a tank. I have used them 2-3 times a week since I got them.

They were very stiff but I've been wearing them around the house and the leather has adapted to my feet although the sole is very rigid. I can't stand on my heel because then the toe won't touch the floor so for the most part when standing still the rear heel area doesn't touch the floor at all. I can't really explain it but I'm sure it has to do with the very thick leather sole.

I think I will take them to the cobbler to add a piece of rubber to the heel and maybe metal toe because those area wear very fast.

Still wondering from which era are they.

Some cobbles machines cannot sew through that thick of a sole, but they can do the resole by hand stitching. You can have a thin protector glued on the sole (it would look like a half sole) and they are sort of thin but very flexible. Conditioner and use will help soften up those shoes a wee bit. You have a great shoe, as you said yep, TANKS and super super nice.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG2958_zpscll8cxco.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG2963_zpsti6jonew.jpg.html] [/URL]
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG2975_zpsljwoqdxm.jpg.html] [/URL]

These have a seven eyelet for lacing...super nice NOS Weyenbergs. They fit my Husband like a glove, too! More to come in a few days... I sort of like those tiger stripes on the soles, too! Yes, these have been conditioned and treated and of course shined up!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Great shoes! I was wondering if you were the one that got them (don't worry, I'm not the person you beat, haha).
I have lost a few times to other buyers, so I am now going back to bidding way way up there at the very last few seconds. I am waiting for that seller to tell/show me what other larger sized shoes she has in her inventory as I am interested in buying them from her. She has a flood on nice smaller sizes, nothing that would fit us here with our larger sized needs!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Bought these on a post-xmas sale and thought they had a nice vintage echo. Haven't worn them yet, but for the money they feel like a decent boot and I've owned other J.Crew similar items that again, for the sale price, have been good value. This is the description from the J.Crew site:

Our take on classic carpenter boots, the Kenton plain-toe boots are built for comfort and to last. They're made with some of the best suede in the world and finished with a burly lugged sole and a Goodyear welt, which means that you can resole them again and again—and that will probably come in handy since they'll get tons of wear.

• Suede upper.
  • Leather lining.
  • Mini-lug sole.
  • Goodyear welt construction.
  • Import.

ingineer

One Too Many
FF; very nice. not good for the NYC slush right now but perfect for the spring.
goodness i want some proper seal vellies right now, the Rand is so low, but need to fit my 10EE flippers.
therefore some Roamer Leonards
British g width
as rec'vd b4 polished

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24