Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
DSC06160.jpg

Very nice except you now need Senor Pecards...IMO.

Sam Davidow

New in Town
New shoes

These are a 12 a, I usually wear an 11d, but they fit me well, however, I'll probably put them on classifieds a bit later today, as I have other shoes. Just picked them up , yesterday and really dig them.
SS851932.JPG

SS851941.JPG

SS851949.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Dlu2O4tHVAI/TfTqSZmv2qI/AAAAAAAAA_Y/5DMvNuaozRQ/s288/SS851952.
JPG

SS851952.JPG

The spectators are nunn bush, the black wingtips are florsheim imperials, and I think the brown are florsheim too.

Last edited:

SteveAS

Practically Family
Damn, I was watching and planning on bidding on this great pair of shell cordovan Florsheim Imperial Kenmoors on ebay. Originally, they were listed as a conventional auction, but, apparently, someone persuaded the seller to give them away for $25! :eusa_doh:

482297257_o.jpg

Last edited:

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
The price and font are very reminscent of vintage especially the use of small cent numbers aka not rounded down to whole fractions. IMHO of course.

Interesting. In the States it's pretty common to see prices written like that, especially at antiques stores/malls, estate sales, vintage shops, and thrift stores, etc. I do see GW's distinctive Roman numeral pricing marks on eBay items REALLY frequently, so that's what I assumed.

What vintage do you think the shoes are? Anytime I see spade soles I assume 30s or maybe early 40s, you mentioned the mark might be from the 50s/60s?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Interesting. In the States it's pretty common to see prices written like that, especially at antiques stores/malls, estate sales, vintage shops, and thrift stores, etc. I do see GW's distinctive Roman numeral pricing marks on eBay items REALLY frequently, so that's what I assumed.

What vintage do you think the shoes are? Anytime I see spade soles I assume 30s or maybe early 40s, you mentioned the mark might be from the 50s/60s?

Though I think they are late 40s and not really spades...I suspect they could also be 60s. The 60s though was not as big for two tones like that style IMO.

Beautiful shoe. I love it! Here are a couple photos of an Edwin Clapp my wife got for me while I was gone. It's an "Imperial Wing."
2uzdzwk.jpg

2m47hxx.jpg

Those look familiar! Hard to pass Clapps for proportion and class...

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Really good day at the thrift shop today. Turned down several pairs of deadstock '60s split toe shoes (sizes too small, prices too high), and a pair of Crockett and Jones in my size (the leather was absolutely lousy- which I found really surprising).

All the shots were taken on the ferry on the way back home from the thrift shop, so that I could get them in daylight. So no shine, conditioner or shoe trees in the shots.

Florsheims.

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
And these were interesting, but what on earth would I do with them?

Deadstock childrens shoes- with a hint of the point of a spade sole on the smaller of the two pairs.
IMG_2869.jpg

Cool side-lacing.
IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Serious quality on these Deadstock Gales. More ferry terminal shots- so no polish or conditioning yet.
Gale Shoes Ltd. was based out of Quebec. The most recent ad I can find for them is 1970. After that they seem to pretty much disappear.
IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member