Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Hey, don't feel too bad. If they were real, i wanted them!

With apologies to Icehouse...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJRo_JE7gkI

She comes walking down the street
That's the kind, hey,
That's the kind I want to meet
I think I'm making it up
I should be putting it down
and it's beginning to show
I get it fixed in my head
and it won't let go

Oh, I can't help myself
when I feel this way
I want to be someone else
When I get this feeling
it gets in my system
I can't put the brakes on

Now she's walking next to me
that's the place, yeah,
that's the place I want to be

I think I'm making it up
I should be putting it down
and it's beginning to show
I get it fixed in my head
and it won't let go

Last edited:

ToucanSam23

New in Town
Last edited:

flyfishark

Practically Family
These shoes a presumably of late 40s-early 50s origin. I picked them up at a local vintage shop, Courage My Love for $40. They are in wonderful condition and I wear them constantly. They are honestly more comfortable than Sperry Top-siders :eek:

[IMG=http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9819/shoeprofile.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG=http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4944/shoetop.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4965/shoebottomj.jpg][/IMG]

Glad you're so happy with your vintage shoes. Do you know the maker?

ToucanSam23

New in Town
Y'know I have no clue. The only thing that might be branding is the word "Holtite" written on the bottoms but I'm not sure if that's a brand or not.

Does anyone else?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Holtite Manufacturing Co., Inc., a manufacturer of heels and soles for shoe repairers..............

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Bostonian Alligator

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

The skins on these are first class.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Foot Joy Lizard & Calf Spectators

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

I wish I had uploaded the sole pic. I'm learning that the Sole tells you a LOT about the shoe. These have beautiful channelled and filled soles.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
You've got "the vintage eye". Purchased in 1964. Buyer got them for his honeymoon vacation, wore them for a week, then left them in the box for 47 years.

This answers my question about why these shoes keep surfacing from the deep. Do these people put them in an attic in America? A closet? Where do you guys store shoes for 47 years without turfing them? Please advise....

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
More Dacks. I love it when I find multiples of the same style. The black pair, which I just picked up, are of more recent manufacture than the brown pair, but I'm not sure by how much. They look like they've hardly been worn.

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

dustyjohnson10

New in Town
nice vintage shoes but i wont choose these kind of shoes to wear in my daily life. the shoes aren't thatattractive that's why i haven't bought shoes like that.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
nice vintage shoes but i wont choose these kind of shoes to wear in my daily life. the shoes aren't thatattractive that's why i haven't bought shoes like that.
It helps if you specify which shoes you're talking about.

If you mean the black oxfords in the post immediately preceding yours, then every man needs a pair at least once at some point in his life. Job interviews, weddings, and funerals, at a bare minimum, and more if your work involves wearing a dark suit regularly. They can even pass for tuxedo shoes if shined up properly. They're not the prettiest shoes there are (and your mileage may vary on that point — even a simple black captoe can be incredibly elegant if given proper attention to detail), but they're a wardrobe essential. Finding a vintage pair in near-new condition would mean you just saved yourself $300 (at a minimum) that you'd have to spend eventually if you want to look good.

Last edited:

flyfishark

Practically Family
More Dacks. I love it when I find multiples of the same style. The black pair, which I just picked up, are of more recent manufacture than the brown pair, but I'm not sure by how much. They look like they've hardly been worn.

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

I personally think these shoes are beautiful. I'd love to come across a couple pair.

flyfishark

Practically Family
Does anyone know anything about JF McElwain shoes? I know they were made in New England, but were they also made in or sold in Britain? These are sized in UK size.
r1wveq.jpg

qsjgvr.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Does anyone know anything about JF McElwain shoes? I know they were made in New England, but were they also made in or sold in Britain? These are sized in UK size.
r1wveq.jpg

qsjgvr.jpg

WF McElwain Shoes was started in 1902 in Massachusetts. Later that same year, he opened a manufacturing facility in Manchester. By 1921, his brother, JF McElwain had sold his stock in the company & started his own. Like his brother, JF McElwain kept facilities in the UK, even as he kept his main business in New Hampshire.

cookie

I'll Lock Up

IMG_3700.jpg

Look at the swan neck detailing like on high end shoes. I almost could almost be looking at Edward Green shoes in the popular and classic 202 last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo