Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Technonut said:
I purchased this Giorgio Sant' Angelo DB tux to wear when I had a small part in the 1987 movie Broadcast News... ;) I have since only worn it for a few formal occasions over the years. 40 pounds later. I never thought I would get into it again... :(

I recently lost close to 40 pounds, and thought I would give the old tux a try.....

Technonut, great looking tux you got there. Fits very well.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
AlanC said:
That's why you need to unbutton it and let it roll over just a bit. Might I suggest buttoning the middle button only?

You are so right, Alan. I wanted to show how narrow it is around the waist, but forgot to get a picture without that top one done up.
I also should have emptied the trouser pockets of keys and the like!

I'm reluctant to nitpick anything at all as I like it so much, but there are two things I'd wish for: a waistcoat to go with, and less room in the seat, which could be corrected but the thought of handing this over to someone who may screw it up puts it in the "not worth the risk" category. I have next to no bum, so all my pants fit like that.

Thanks very much for your kindness, gentlemen. It's nice to have friends to share this stuff with. :)

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Button stance - too narrow, or the position of the whole set of three?

Otherwise, maybe it's the button stance together with the non-wide lapels that makes the jacket look a bit recent (in a neutral rather than a negative way!). The armholes and the whole trousers would contradict this, of course.

Recent bespoke was my first thought.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
that close spacing of the jacket buttons is very Euro 1930s/1940s.

In other words, it's the height of the whole set of three that looks mid-40s? Is it uncommonly low?

Baron Kurtz said:
There is a feature which will tell you all you need to know.

Hip pocket button? Convertable welt pockets on jacket? Slightly slanted breast pocket?

Baron Kurtz said:
Is that a bunch of keys in your pocket

Jokes aside, I think this is why I'm careful with inverted pleats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou