Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
This is my latest suit, I held off putting photos up until I had let the legs back out. Here's a view of before with 8" cuffs and after with 10" cuffs. They hang perfectly straight, the creasing is from my hand in my pocket.

Untitled-Stitched-01.jpg

The original cuff width was perhaps 1/2" wider, but an overenthusiastic alterationist left some holes on the seam line when ripping it out, so my seam is about 1/8" wider. They are a lot more comfortable, though.

The suit is Montague Burton, there's a tag in the waistcoat, jacket, and trousers, but the waistcoat tag is the only one that's undamaged. The jacket and trousers have been let out a bit, and the waistcoat has been re-backed. The fabric is a heavy flannel. I originally thought it might be late '50s or early '60s, but after letting the legs out, perhaps very early '50s?

DSC05942.jpg

DSC05943.jpg

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05944.jpg

Andy Baillie

New in Town
The suit is Montague Burton, there's a tag in the waistcoat, jacket, and trousers, but the waistcoat tag is the only one that's undamaged. The jacket and trousers have been let out a bit, and the waistcoat has been re-backed. The fabric is a heavy flannel. I originally thought it might be late '50s or early '60s, but after letting the legs out, perhaps very early '50s?

DSC05947.jpg

The pockets on the trousers with the extra money/watch pocket are exactly the same as on my CC41 suit on the previous page,
Mine's a Burton suit
:)

Bugsy

One Too Many
This is my latest suit, I held off putting photos up until I had let the legs back out. Here's a view of before with 8" cuffs and after with 10" cuffs. They hang perfectly straight, the creasing is from my hand in my pocket.

Untitled-Stitched-01.jpg

The original cuff width was perhaps 1/2" wider, but an overenthusiastic alterationist left some holes on the seam line when ripping it out, so my seam is about 1/8" wider. They are a lot more comfortable, though.

DSC05942.jpg

DSC05943.jpg

DSC05947.jpg

DSC05944.jpg

Marvelously elegant!!!

GBR

One of the Regulars
Mid 1950s say up to 1957. The single inside breast pocket and the flapped waist band trouser pocket (known at Burtons asa 'cash pocket' tend to place it.

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
On Sunday I went to my living history society's annual mess luncheon. I've managed to get one good photograph of my best suit - a 1937 D/B number, 3 piece with an S/B waistcoat, silk lined with exceptionally tapered trousers.

Said trousers have a fishtail back, full button fly and are remarkably tapered.

When I bought it I was expecting a few niggles here and there with fit due to it being a bespoke number made in Sheffield where my father lives. Once it arrived I put it on and was amazed to discover that it fitted as if it were made for me.

And the best bit? It cost £1.

There's also my new haircut on show, replete with Brylcreem.

Here it is:

AFMCmesslunch1.jpg

Last edited:

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
There's the same width of seam all the way down. It was made that way - I'm guessing it was made for a very conservative gentleman who liked having an 'English Cut' suit. Just a guess of course.

Last edited:

Matt_the_chap

One of the Regulars
By the same, I meant entirely unaltered - it looks the same as every other pair of trousers - no signs of alteration any where like on some vintage suits I've bought. As an added bonus the suit came entirely unworn, from jacket to trousers. I wish I knew its story, seeing as it obviously cost a lot of money.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Immaculate (looks NOS) 2pc, DB, Large PL's, windowpane warm brown wool and dark maroon. Mid to late 40's. LOVING IT...!! As it is a perfect fit (typical - and here's me with the weight coming off now!!).

Modelled by my very own 'Invisible Man.' (No ugly mug shots to distract you from the star of this picture - THE SUIT!).

Now...JUST IMAGINE...the rain bouncing off the sidewalk, the Cafe's neon light outside is flickering and hissing like an old alley-cat and Marlowe from inside his office, hears the floorboard outside ..'creak...'

DSCN7506.jpg

DSCN7522.jpg

DSCN7518.jpg

DSCN7536.jpg

DSCN7497.jpg

DSCN7493.jpg

DSCN7487.jpg

DSCN7510.jpg

Last edited:

Chrome

One of the Regulars
One of my black suits.. or suit separates but same cloth anyway. Picture was quite dark so I edited it to sepia. I like the Original Tarzan label.

I like black suits, shame that it is too much for my current job.

tarzan2.jpg

tarzan.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari