• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Show us your suits

Discussion in 'Suits' started by Matt Deckard, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Thanks Harv :)

2. RomanImperator

RomanImperator One of the Regulars

Nice look and great shoes in that photo...are they vintage?

3. Thanks R, nope nothing is vintage except for the Fedora, the rest is my own design

4. Mean Eyed Matt

Mean Eyed Matt One of the Regulars

I love that shoes, too! Custom-made?

5. From the same picture snapping the other day, different jacket and cap pjimage-18.jpg

Michael A and PeterB like this.
  6. GBR

GBR One of the Regulars

These are excellent suits and capture the look well. I have never used Steed but their craftsmanship has always impressed me. Are your suits detail in the modern idiom or of the period? I am thinkimg of say inside pockets (breast and ticket only), trousers, flap fob pocket and one flapped back pocket, button fly?

7. pjimage-25.jpg

A bit blury but you get the picture: chalk check flannel 2 piece suit

Evan Everhart likes this.
  8. pjimage-44.jpg

Been while so here it goes ... breaking out the off white flannels, spectators and Panama and looking forward to the linen in a few weeks! No vintage, a mix and match of early and late 20's influences

Max30, Windsock8e, Michael A and 2 others like this.
  9. Beautiful hats, Gentlemen! Quick question; that one on the table; is that a Dobbs? It looks near identical to my Jet 707....Just curious. Great get ups on the both of you!

10. I'd wear that with oatmeal, or tan, or dark English tan, or chestnut brown large HBT trousers, something lightweight though, no more than 8-10 oz., with a bit of a sheen would really suit it. some hounds-tooth or pick and pick trousers in dark brown alternating with taupe or white would also look great, especially with an ivory shirt or a muted off-white striped shirt. Seriously needs a pressing and a steaming Sir!

11. pjimage-55.jpg

Silk coat, khaki side-button high rise slacks, claw collar shirt, vintage tie, loafers

Glouie, Windsock8e, Michael A and 3 others like this.
  12. all those jackets a dream fit xxx

cookie likes this.
  13. thank you Sir :)

14. pjimage-60.jpg

Buckle back trousers, vintage tie, linen shirt and cap :)

Glouie, Max30, Metatron and 2 others like this.
  15. Michael A

Michael A Call Me a Cab

Metatron likes this.
  16. Dirk Wainscotting

Dirk Wainscotting A-List Customer

That tartan suit is the craziest thing I've seen in a while, but it's great. This is one I would wear now that I no longer care what people think. I'd probably go to a job interview in this.

Michael A likes this.
  17. Claudio, great ensembles, I like the small details like the angled breast pocket. It is something I often find on some of my vintage British jackets, but which seems to be frequently overlooked today.

Michael, that suit is something else. Reminds me of something the Duke of Windsor inherited from his father:
    http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/212/lot/88749/

It also happily seems to lack something I dislike about 1970s tailoring: narrow, hard, roped shoulders. This one has the more classic, softly contoured shoulder construction.

Claudio and Michael A like this.
  18. Big Man

Big Man My Mail is Forwarded Here

I got a new suit the other day and wore it to church for the first time today. It's a lightweight, tan wool. I had it made for me by Ravis Tailors, who have been making suits for me for about 15 years now.

001-New Suit.jpg

Michael A likes this.