Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
As an update to a post I made a few months ago I wanted to show a vintage vest I got to go with one of my suits.

IMAG0603-1.jpg

The whole thing.

IMAG0605.jpg

Close up of the different patterns.

The vest is reversible too.

So do you think this combination works?

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
As an update to a post I made a few months ago I wanted to show a vintage vest I got to go with one of my suits.

IMAG0603-1.jpg

Close up of the different patterns.

The vest is reversible too.

So do you think this combination works?

It definitley works. The grey/blue windowpane in the vest compliments the suit very well, and with grey being an all accepting color, the beige just pops out very nicely giving a wonderful contrast.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Just won this suit on Ebay, was the only one who bid. :D A few issues but should be able to iron them out fairly easy. Bad quality photos.

002-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

Hollywood waist!
005-4.jpg

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
It definitley works. The grey/blue windowpane in the vest compliments the suit very well, and with grey being an all accepting color, the beige just pops out very nicely giving a wonderful contrast.

Great ensemble. I dig the complementing contrast of the waist coat.

If I may, shine the shoes and tighten the necktie knot, and it would be complete. :)

Wolfen

One of the Regulars

Great ensemble. I dig the complementing contrast of the waist coat.

If I may, shine the shoes and tighten the necktie knot, and it would be complete. :)

Thanks gents. The shoes could do with a shine. That tie is made of think fabric though and was as tight as it could get. Plus, I actively tie my ties to avoid the dimple, I have never been a fan.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Just back from the cleaners, and a real bargain on eBay. Dated 1926.
CIMG3725.jpg

Close up of weave gives off a slight hint of windowpane.
CIMG3735.jpg

CIMG3732.jpg

CIMG3729.jpg

CIMG3749.jpg

The pants
CIMG3738.jpg

CIMG3743.jpg

CIMG3739.jpg

The owner at some point had a tailor switch the button fly for a zipper. Though more convenient it's anachronistic.
CIMG3741.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Excellent suit! Are you sure the zipper isn't original? They were around in '26, though it would have been a novelty to have them on trousers as far as I know.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Excellent suit! Are you sure the zipper isn't original? They were around in '26, though it would have been a novelty to have them on trousers as far as I know.

Oh! I didn't know zippers were that old! I thought they were a '30s invention. In that case it may have been origional, didn't seem to have any extra tailoring stitches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran