Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I bought this 3-piece for $42. Needs to be tailored in a few spots, but I love it. Think it's a good buy?

110.jpg

210.jpg

310.jpg

This was in one of the pockets. I don't know why it would be, as the suit was fabricated here, since it says "RENO" on the label? Or maybe the materials were imported.

01610.jpg

Last edited:
These appear in various catalogues in the middle 1930s, but they are awfully scarce. I don't think i've ever seen another one … Leisure suit. Made of "Breeze Kool" fabric. It is, sadly, a bit of a relic with staining, fading, and is a bit threadbare in spots on the trousers. If anyone would like this as a collector's piece/relic, please contact me, I might consider selling it. It's about a size 36-38 shirt and 28-29 waist, not that I would suggest wearing this.

BreezeKool1.jpg

BreezeKool2.jpg

BreezeKool3.jpg

BreezeKool4.jpg

bk

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
That's kinda awesome...in a vintage tacky sort of way. I luke how you've displayed it with a tie. What would you say Breeze Kool fabric is made of? A cotton nylon blend maybe?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
If that suit had large pockets it would look amazing. The pocket size reminds me of casual 'tennis shirts' of the early 1980s (the type only worn by the most unstylish of men). I hated them then, and i hate them now.

But if the pockets had the correct balance, I'd be queuing up to buy one.

They're typically marketed with pictures of chaps on cruises, with the shirt tucked into the trousers. Really an awful look. I'm sure I've seen similar outfis in British catalogues/advertisements as well.

If that suit had large pockets it would look amazing. The pocket size reminds me of casual 'tennis shirts' of the early 1980s (the type only worn by the most unstylish of men). I hated them then, and i hate them now.

But if the pockets had the correct balance, I'd be queuing up to buy one.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Giftmacher and Splintercellsz, both looking very dapper! I love those lapels, fellas! I especially like the three piece, Splintercellsz; that's a very interesting fabric.

I would suggest you get it taken in and have the tailor add some waist suppression, then it will look fantastic :D

Giftmacher - the sleeves appear to be just a touch too long. I would take them up about a 1/4-1/2 inch or so, to show some linen. I rather like that tie as well.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Thanks! I will take it to a tailor, but next week I need it for celebrations on the occasion of 750 years of the town. I do not want to risk that I would be without it.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
This reminds me of a so called 'Slack Suit' I've seen recently in a 1947 Sears Workwear catalog:

Sears20Workwear20Catalog20-201947.jpg

These appear in various catalogues in the middle 1930s, but they are awfully scarce. I don't think i've ever seen another one … Leisure suit. Made of "Breeze Kool" fabric. It is, sadly, a bit of a relic with staining, fading, and is a bit threadbare in spots on the trousers. If anyone would like this as a collector's piece/relic, please contact me, I might consider selling it. It's about a size 36-38 shirt and 28-29 waist, not that I would suggest wearing this.

BreezeKool1.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A rare one that I've shown before, but here are some better pics. Late-1920s/early 1930s double breasted suit. Gorgeous fabric pattern with contrasting buttons. Light weight wool, a good Spring/Fall suit. Some small moth holes throughout but not too noticeable.

I've worn it several times but it just doesn't fit me right so in a little bit it will be up for sale.

001-40.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
A rare one that I've shown before, but here are some better pics. Late-1920s/early 1930s double breasted suit. Gorgeous fabric pattern with contrasting buttons. Light weight wool, a good Spring/Fall suit. Some small moth holes throughout but not too noticeable.

I've worn it several times but it just doesn't fit me right so in a little bit it will be up for sale.

001-40.jpg

006-5.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

And I've changed my mind about selling this one. Tried it on again and it fits better than I remember. Nothing some simple altering can't fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters