Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I like how we have gone all 60s.

I'll break the trend.

Picked this one up several weeks ago for $40. Fits like a glove, though the arms and trousers need to be let down. Previous owner was married in it in 1947. Love the fabric pattern and its silhouette; the pre-Bold Look 1940s suits just had great proportions.

001-34.jpg

002-25.jpg

003-27.jpg

They were right: the fabric really is the soul of the suit.
April 28, 1945
4001.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. Very traditional. I expect you to be wearing that with a bowler hat, carrying an umbrella.

P.S. When is your new suit from David Saxby due to be finished?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Trying on some late 1950s suits today, debating about selling them.

Mid-1950s US suit by Scot Squire Delux, lightweight blue/black stripe:

403333445.jpg

Late 1950s/early 1960s British Burton Mad Men-ish suit, narrow lapels. But very traditionally styled, button fly, forward pleats, suspender buttons no belt loops, etc.

403333446.jpg

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
1950s Oxxford tweed suit with a subtle red overcheck.

The jacket is a little long for my tastes (its a 44L I think). But I do love tweed!

403341079.jpg

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
1sfqC.jpg
rsEZD.jpg
dei34.jpg

theres no hate on a tuxedo suit right? this was custom made for me by a tailor in overland park and i decided to wear it during prom... it may not be vintage but its something i though i could share with you guys. oh and the spectators are a spectacular edition to my suits and tuxedo :), i will be posting my other suits up soon when i get photos

Last edited:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
theres no hate on a tuxedo suit right? this was custom made for me by a tailor in overland park and i decided to wear it during prom... it may not be vintage but its something i though i could share with you guys. oh and the spectators are a spectacular edition to my suits and tuxedo :), i will be posting my other suits up soon when i get photos

Very nice! Firstly, your date is an absolute knockout! Secondly, you have a very classy and elegant tux there. I love the choice of the black and white spectators as opposed to a more traditional patent leather oxford; it adds a bit of flash to the traditional black tie attire. Your use of collar studs is a very nice, classy touch that many don't do anymore, and I presume you must have matching cufflinks as well.

Personally, I would have preferred a peaked or shawl lapel on the jacket, but that's just my personal taste. Very nicely done, sir!

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
Very nice! Firstly, your date is an absolute knockout! Secondly, you have a very classy and elegant tux there. I love the choice of the black and white spectators
me and my girlfriend know that we wont be able to find the style of the 30's and 40's as much due to the styles and trends tailors will have now days but we try to have the vintage look to it whilst having the new era style as well. i added the top hat to create a more conservative look to the tuxedo. sadly, i could not find a shawl lapel double breasted as is my favorite type of tux do to Casablanca.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
me and my girlfriend know that we wont be able to find the style of the 30's and 40's as much due to the styles and trends tailors will have now days but we try to have the vintage look to it whilst having the new era style as well. i added the top hat to create a more conservative look to the tuxedo. sadly, i could not find a shawl lapel double breasted as is my favorite type of tux do to Casablanca.

You can also wear a black Homburg such as the one sported by Jeremy Brett in my Avatar. The Homburg is traditionally associated with black tie, while the top hat is traditionally associated with white tie.

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
posting my suit photos as promised
Pkca1.jpg

lol i feel like a dork in the first photo, but i have a double breasted suit 2 fastener and its worsted wool
TKvBK.jpg
F5jGQ.jpg
012yb.jpg

and this last one is a single breasted 3 piece suit i bought a while back in the beginning of summer 2010 as can see with the much longer hair... i dont really like the fedora in this photo anymore due to its very tapered and short crown as i have a superior stetson stetsonian above this photo with an open 6" crown (this hat is a Dobbs Fifth Avenue New York) if anyone wants to buy it from me send me a message its a modern day fedora not vintage....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters