Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
oh, i certainly didn't intend to look 'trendy'. this is just the way i look. i must say though that this particular era of men's suits (America circa '33) has a very timeless look to it. nothing antiquated about the cut of the jacket at all.

benstephens

Practically Family
Hi HBK, I was using Trendy in the sense that you wear the suit in a way that is trend setting, and not open to ridicule as it is when I go out in my old suits. You have a great style, and I can see that you do not go out to follow trends.

Sorry!

BEn

Marty M.

Vendor
Sweet outfit.

HBK, you're going to put us Custom Guy's out of business with off the peg suits fitting like that. You have a great style to you. And that suit compliments you very well.
Marty Mathis

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The oxbloods look nice to boot!

scotrace said:
Finally got this back from the tailor. The sleeves were let down and the buttons and button holes adjusted. I also lost the cuffs when the pants were let down. Fits well and is lightweight without sacrificing too much drape. The pants are pleated. The jacket has three interior pockets, outside pocket flaps, and no vents. This is whipcord, I believe?
The hat is an Adam Majestic. Tie is a vintage Signet.

bagir1.jpg
bagir2.jpg

bagir3.jpg

Nice touch!

mike

Call Me a Cab
herringbonekid said:
as soon as i saw the measurements of this early 30s suit on ebay i knew it was going to fit like a glove. and it does. couldn't really be better. it has three shoulder pleats which you can just see. it is also heavier and rougher/woolier than it appears. more of an autumn weight. or for cool spring days.

Congrats! So glad to see this went to a fellow lounger! I was watching this too and am so glad it got a great home :)

Marty M.

Vendor
You won the Verdic.

Great court look Dagwood. You're showing a little style with out oversteping the "UnOfficial" Courtroom attire. It would be easy for a guy that has as much clothing savy as you to "over do it". I'll take Perry Mason over Denny (Boston Legal) anyday of the week.
Hamelton Berger's courtroom attire never looked as crisp and put together as Perry Mason's did. Poor Hamelton never stood a chance.
Marty Mathis

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic:

When I had jury duty I wore a suit and hat. The judge said I was the only jurior he'd ever seen wearing a suit. lol

I was also a substitute.

Marty M.

Vendor
Sad.

happyfilmluvguy said:
:eek:fftopic:

When I had jury duty I wore a suit and hat. The judge said I was the only jurior he'd ever seen wearing a suit. lol

I was also a substitute.
That's a sad comment about our culture and respect for our culture.
Marty Mathis

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Hey there guys!

I'd like to share my latest find...And also plead for help on dating this suit...

It has some pretty strange details... The pants are VERY high waisted. They also don't have a waistband...At least I don't think so...Was this style common?? Does it speak anything as to the quality of the suit? The jacket has a nice flecked fabric and patch pockets--it's fairly rough. The pleating on the pants is interesting...What is this style of pleating called?? Also, the jacket is unvented...All I have to go on are the details and the JcPenney label... Any ideas of the era of this suit?? 30's?

Also, aside from all the dating details...How does it look on me?? Does the jacket look long?? I'm not exactly sure what I think of it...

High Waist
DSCF1121.jpg

Front:

DSCF1123.jpg

Back:

DSCF1124.jpg

Full rig:

DSCF1125.jpg

Pleating:

DSCF1130.jpg

Nonexistant waistband??

DSCF1128.jpg

Label:
DSCF1132.jpg

Fabric:

DSC01899.jpg

J. Brisbin

Familiar Face
Going Eliot Ness

This green gab suit was made by a uniform company, so I've decided that it looks like something a detective might have worn:

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1121.jpg

Mid to late fourties suit. Probably '30s (?) Wembley tie. Late '40s, early '50s Dobbs straw fedora. Wore it to work and nobody knew it was vintage (and I didn't mention it).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats