Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Slicedbread, WOW. That fabric! It isn't too long (jacket) and the pants fit perfectly from the pictures. What a find. GREAT SUIT.
Dating will fall to the Good Baron. :)

But my guess is about 1952.

Travis

Suspended
I agree. That suit is absolutely fantastic. Let me tell you I am jealous. I'm curious what the Baron has to say about this one. Will you rub some of that vintage suit luck off onto me please?

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Thanks for the compliments and the help guys! Hope to hear more opinions...I will admit though that I'm a little dissappointed as the suit was advertised as 30's...I knew either way that it was definitely pretty old though from the details...Hope more can weigh in with their help! Thanks!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
J. Brisbin said:
This green gab suit was made by a uniform company, so I've decided that it looks like something a detective might have worn:

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1121.jpg

Mid to late fourties suit. Probably '30s (?) Wembley tie. Late '40s, early '50s Dobbs straw fedora. Wore it to work and nobody knew it was vintage (and I didn't mention it).

Hmmmm....this does'nt look like a 40's suit to me. Can we see more details (waistband, the jacket inside out) please?

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Slicedbread, what you have there is the much-loved Hollywood waist on those trousers, and that suit is a find if ever there was one. The flecked material is too cool, and it fits you perfectly. Dont worry about it not being 1930s, it's just as much a work of art being from around 1950 or so.

I got to say it again: man that suit's something else!

slicedbread

A-List Customer
resortes805 said:
Yup, early early 50's or 40's...turn the inside pockets inside out to find a union tag, it should say 1949 or 1939.

I've checked every pocket and haven't found a union tag...I'll go ahead and check again tho!

Benny Holiday said:
I got to say it again: man that suit's something else!

Thanks! I have a feeling it's going to get a lot of wear before I sell it off! haha...

Wasn't the style in the 50's ultra narrow lapels? Or were the early 50's still going more in line with the 40's?

Rooster

Practically Family
I've got a 1949 dated suit with lapels just like yours. I'd say it's late 40's or early 50's. But I'm just a newb, wait for the old pros to give their expert advice.
Those Holly wood pants are too cool. I found a japanese suit from I'm guessing the early sixties that has two pair of high waisted light grey wool pants. I had to pay the princely sum of $8.50 for the whole works. The jacket was a bit tight, but it will probably fit now since I just lost 10 lbs..
I ought to get some pictures posted of all the cool stuff I found this spring, I'm getting way behind.

metropd

One Too Many
In the begining of the 50's it had many of the traits of the late 40's suits but as it progressed to about 56, 57( the continental suit), the lapels started to get increasingly narrower till about 2 inches. I highly doubt that straw hat is from the 40's, early to mid 50's at the earliest would be my guess.

My favorite suits personally are about (roughly) 1937 to 1941.

GrangerGangster

New in Town
Good day ladies and gentleman!

I thought I'd share some of my vintage wardrobe with the lot of you and find out what you think. Maybe some of these could be directed elsewhere on the site for further review; if you have suggestions, feel free to voice them. I might have to do several posts to get all the pics in.

Thanks,
John

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

There's the evening formal wear; I got some day wear coming next.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Woow- great looks!! I love the boater! The double breasted blue suit is beauitful, as is the wide-lapeled gray three-piece looks well-cut, too.
Have you ever had an oppurtunity to wear that white tie ensemble out? You look great in it.

GrangerGangster

New in Town
I don't know how many people care for the "grey tie" servants' dress look, but as I had the parts for it, I figured I might as well put it together to see what it looks like on me. It's not a bad look actually, although I wouldn't want to be wearing it to an event, as I'd be serving drinks to people all night; I'd much rather be in the white tie ensemble.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats