Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Not bad at all - I think the fabric's heaviness makes for a lot. We're spoilt around here: can we have some action shot to see the fit when the arms aren't down? :)

CharlesB

Suspended
brown 1 button
attire317c.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Sefton said:
Here are some photos of my new custom three piece tweed suit that were taken today. It's a "black" color tweed but if you can make out from the one close shot of the ticket pocket on the trousers there are a number of different colors that don't likely show well on monitors. Also the photos aren't as sharp as I would have liked,but I think that the outdoor natural light helps a bit. The trousers are high waisted;the top of the waistband is a little more than an inch above my navel. They have outside brace/suspender buttons and no belt loops (sorry but I don't have any photos with the waistcoat off yet). Thanks for looking.

pics1uf2.jpg

pics2dq7.jpg

trouserticketpocketamc2.jpg

Congratulations. The suit is terrific. I like the cap too.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Newly bought blue suit, more pictures here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=28964

Pictures are a bit fuzzy, I'll try to get better ones.

Bought the waistcoat today, it's 4-pocket and cut for high wasited trousers. I'll post more pictures of it later today. The fob is a mail ("chainmail") one I made and have been wearing the most recently. I'm a medievalist who specializes in armour, so it seems appropriate. Modern shirt with Kum-a-Part snap cufflinks.

DSC06551.jpg

DSC06552.jpg

DSC06553.jpg

I need to lose about an inch from my waist before I can comfortably wear the trousers, but should I wait until then to shorten them, or would it be all right to shorten them now?

Cheers,
Nick

Feraud

Bartender
I do not see a problem with taking in the hem of the pants now. An inch from the waist should not change your inseam.

Btw, is that a pocketwatch fob hanging from your vest? Any close up shots available?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Sefton said:

This is great! I would LOVE a suit like this! The tailor had the tweed on hand or did you find it and order it yourself? I love the fit of the vest, this looks really good! Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask how much it ran you..?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
I do not see a problem with taking in the hem of the pants now. An inch from the waist should not change your inseam.

Btw, is that a pocketwatch fob hanging from your vest? Any close up shots available?

Thanks Feraud. I was just concerned about the hang, but I suppose it wouldn't make much difference.

Here's a better picture of the fob. The watch is nothing special, just my day watch I bought because it has a 24 hour dial.

DSC06559.jpg

Mike K.

One Too Many
My latest suit...

:D :D :D
Sorry, but the photos were swiped off the eBay auction where I purchased this (so pardon the bad tie knot and the backwards suit closure). Overall, the suit fits perfectly and will only need some pressing. At first I thought the pants would need tailoring, but upon arrival I found the entire suit fit just right. It does button the correct way and the trousers have the option of a belt or braces. I'm thinking of pairing this one with either a Panama hat and white bucs, or a medium brown fedora with russet or spectator shoes depending on time of year.

harts_gold_suit-1_1204516446.jpg
harts_gold_suit-2_1204516452.jpg

harts_gold_suit-4.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
mike said:
This is great! I would LOVE a suit like this! The tailor had the tweed on hand or did you find it and order it yourself? I love the fit of the vest, this looks really good! Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask how much it ran you..?
Thanks much for the kind words. My tailor had the tweed on hand although I could have used my own fabric-I was just too lazy this time to source my own material. I'll PM you with the $. It wasn't a bad price and was much less than a good off the rack which would never have any of the features I wanted. As for the fit of the vest:it was about three months from first measurements to completed suit and I put on about 10 pounds in that time! I'm glad everything still fit.

I was in a bit of a rush when the pictures were taken. I'll try to get some "action" shots to show the high-cut arm-holes,etc.

Daniel

Familiar Face
This suit cost me $14.00 at a local Denver thrift store. It's heavy fabric, likely post-Golden Era, but still has a feel unmatched in modern suits. My guess is it was a 1950's made-to-measure suit, whereby measurements were taken here then sent off to the Far East for the actual creation. More pictures can be found here.

2345791256_7c3c810e5a_o.jpg

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
The suit looks great on you. I agree that a stingy-brim fedora (trilby) will coordinate very well with the narrow lapels and trim fit of this suit. The heavy herringbone wool fabric will hold its shape and bounce back from wrinkling. Although made in the '60s, this is a very classic design that has endured from the Edwardian period right up to today, where it is still seen in the country and on the campus, both here and in the U.K.

Seeing this suit brings back warm memories for me. I had one just like it when I was in graduate school in the mid '60s. I just loved it and wore it virtually every day for teaching. It was such a perfect match to the future profession (college professor) I was working toward at the time. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Coincidentally, I just won a similar suit (sans vest) on OFAS:
8412_1.JPG

I got it for a song. I hope it turns out to be half as nice as yours.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Mike K. said:
:D :D :D
Sorry, but the photos were swiped off the eBay auction where I purchased this (so pardon the bad tie knot and the backwards suit closure). Overall, the suit fits perfectly and will only need some pressing. At first I thought the pants would need tailoring, but upon arrival I found the entire suit fit just right. It does button the correct way and the trousers have the option of a belt or braces. I'm thinking of pairing this one with either a Panama hat and white bucs, or a medium brown fedora with russet or spectator shoes depending on time of year.

harts_gold_suit-1_1204516446.jpg
Can't wait to see some pictures of the actual suit as worn. Good find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart