Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I should have resited but I couldn't I am just loving the Butterick patterns from this era.
!Br3CDWw!mk~$(KGrHqQOKjIEvOV3l9OoBL1ew7VHfQ~~_12.JPG

SayCici

Practically Family
Yay, birthday money:
m7237-16.jpg

Totally crazy about this! I'm imagining making all of these in different bought cotton knits, but I think they'd make great summer blouses and you could even add sleeves.

simp3408.jpg

My immediate plan for this dress is navy blue rayon on top with a Civil War fabric on the bottom (it hasthe heads of Robert E Lee and Ulysses Grant on it. lol) It's from Hancock Fabrics (and my first trip there!) I don't usually do novelty prints but I can make an exception if it's history-related. It's cotton but I don't think it's for quilting! It's really nice.

380px-S4486.jpg

(from vintage pattern wiki)
I don't really like either collar option but I love the yoke. I'll probably omit the tab part of view 1 and just use bias tape on the round part.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lady Day said:

Well turns out this one got away. The seller 'lost it' right after I bought it, and was immediate to suggest a cancelation of the transaction. Two weeks later I get a refund.

I really have a gut feeling that it didnt go as high as they wanted and they are going to attempt to resell it again. I have no proof, but thats what I think.

LD

SayCici

Practically Family
That's a shame, LD. I don't want something like that to really be lost, but I also don't wish that the seller behaved that way!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Well turns out this one got away. The seller 'lost it' right after I bought it, and was immediate to suggest a cancelation of the transaction. Two weeks later I get a refund.

I really have a gut feeling that it didnt go as high as they wanted and they are going to attempt to resell it again. I have no proof, but thats what I think.

LD

I had that happen once with a watch. I think they didn't get what they wanted for it too. I watched for a while, but didn't see it get reposted. But I had a hard time getting my refund. And then I gave a negative- and then he gave me one for spite- man I was mad!

zendy

A-List Customer
This one is probably going to look terrible on me, maybe a little "Baby Jane" but I had to risk it :)
il_fullxfull.jpg

palespider

One of the Regulars
texasgirl said:
I had that happen once with a watch. I think they didn't get what they wanted for it too. I watched for a while, but didn't see it get reposted. But I had a hard time getting my refund. And then I gave a negative- and then he gave me one for spite- man I was mad!

same thing happened to me for the same reason! :mad:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I gon't usually by patterns that are smaller than size 16 but I have long admired this on and vintage martini is having a 50% off sale on patterns.

2574.JPG

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
Oooh, DPD, thanks for the notice! Is it announced somewhere on their site? I don't see it.
I don't know if it's on the site. I am on the mailing list. The e-mail I got doesn't say how long the sale is but they are trying to clear out some patterns before listing new ones. I got the e-mail on the 28th.

BoPeep

Practically Family
SayCici said:
. . . a Civil War fabric on the bottom (it hasthe heads of Robert E Lee and Ulysses Grant on it. lol) It's from Hancock Fabrics (and my first trip there!) I don't usually do novelty prints but I can make an exception if it's history-related. It's cotton but I don't think it's for quilting! It's really nice.

:eek:fftopic: As a quilter, I can tell you that ladies do indeed quilt with those president's heads. lol There were probably several prints in that line with flags and canons and 1860s reproduction florals. Reproduction fabrics are huge right now in the quilt world, everything from Colonial Williamsburg to 1840s Oregon Trail to Civil War. They take ideas off historic fabric swatches and even wallpaper. It's pretty cool and each line of fabric really does capture the look and feel of the specific time period.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This is smaller than I normally would buy, but I've been in love with it for a while and it goes for alot on some of the retail site. No one else bid, so I got it for $5.
1093.JPG

SayCici

Practically Family
Oh no, I don't mean that it isn't something a quilter would use, just that I have a history with sewing clothing with quilting fabric and it doesn't feel as stiff or thick so I think it will drape better. One of the other prints was a really nice stars and stripes fabric that I was going to use for the waistband before I decided to make a dress.

SayCici

Practically Family
Thanks DPD, I just mentioned the sale in my e-mail (and signed up for their mailing list) and that worked! The sale was tempting but I only bought this one:
9575.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou