Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lady Day love the sundress pattern, Kamikat I love all of those patterns, they're going to look great on you.

This is my latest find on ebay, came in a joblot listed as seven 60's, 70's and 80's vintage patterns, so it seems no one else saw it as I got it for £1.47 plus postage.

5318ea4e.jpg

Holy smokes, that's amazing!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I'm supposed to be saving up for a trip to London, but these were so cheap that I couldn't resist. Plus, a gal likes to bring new dresses on holiday!
$%28KGrHqNHJBcE-dPs9M,cBPsCy3VjdQ~~60_57.JPG

adv-3675-sweetheart-suit_1.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Today at the car boot sale I spotted an old box, believing to myself that it was probably empty I walked past, but something made me go back, so glad I did. It was full of approximately 50 patterns! The guy gave me a price of £25.00 I really wanted them, then the other stall holder came over and said I could have them for £4.00, I immediately got my purse out and gave him £5.00, I was skipping inside as I walked away. There are about 19 women's patterns and the rest are children's, not all are in great condition but there are some beauties in there.

f778d349.jpg

cac3acd3.jpg

f21b10c2.jpg

5f21cfb6.jpg

Last edited:

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Today at the car boot sale I spotted an old box, believing to myself that it was probably empty I walked past, but something made
me go back, so glad I did. It was full of approximately 50 patterns! The guy gave me a price of £25.00 I really wanted them, then
the other stall holder came over and said I could have them for £4.00, I immediately got my purse out and gave him £5.00, I was
skipping inside as I walked away. There are about 19 women's patterns and the rest are children's, not all are in great condition but
there are some beauties in there.

QUOTE]

Oh My! All look lovely.... even the children’s! I do love a good Maudella pattern and I also like the weldons peasant type dress (if you ever want to sell it... wink, wink!).
Great find Miss.
Tupney x

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Yummy sports blouse, Miss T! Love that style.

P.S: Happy Birthday!

Thank you for the Birthday wishes Miss Sis- Actually it must have been my birthday luck as they were only a £1- who knows what else I would have found if only I could have stayed at the flea for longer! ;)

Drappa- that top pattern is super!

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Miss Tuppence Sure I'll keep you in mind if I sell the pattern, your Vogue patterns are wonderful they look to be in good condition.
crwitt and lareine "The No-Bra Dress", that's an amazing claim! Here's some close up photo's of the pattern, it just seems that the bodice is very fitted due to a panel under the bust and an empire line to the skirt.

35541f40.jpg

6577a8c2.jpg

wahine

Practically Family
This is my latest find on ebay, came in a joblot listed as seven 60's, 70's and 80's vintage patterns, so it seems no one else saw it as I got it for £1.47 plus postage.

5318ea4e.jpg

Totally in love with that one! So good for you that it wasn't listed correctly and no one else saw it!

I'm not sure if we're supposed to show magazine patterns in this tread, too.
I posted some pics of my latest find, a 1955 magazine with several patterns in it, in the "Show us your purchases" thread.

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
I'm posting this mostly for Katinka, she asked me about pants patterns in my 1942 Golden Rule book. It has mostly shorts,
so I'll add some patterns from the 56 edition, as well. So, if Katinka (or anyone else, for that matter) wants scans of one of the patterns, let me know (it might take me some time though).

1941/42 patterns

For the beach:

sports:

sports, skiing, biking (on the left pant skirts / culottes):

this one's listed as sports wear for teen-agers, but since you can take any measurements, I think it might be taken for a slim grown up girl, too:

many of you will already know this overall, since it's downloadable somewhere on the internet:

There's one more overall/dungaree, but my cam batteries gave up just before I could take that one. I'll upload it some other time.

Last edited:

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Oh, thank you for uploading!! I like the biking pants. But I´m afraid I´ll look pretty silly in them. There´s just one way to find out I guess: send me that pattern, please :D the blouse and skirt of the three piece ensemble (2nd picture) also look nice, but I have enough dress patterns I think...

crwritt

One Too Many
Miss Tuppence Sure I'll keep you in mind if I sell the pattern, your Vogue patterns are wonderful they look to be in good condition.
crwitt and lareine "The No-Bra Dress", that's an amazing claim! Here's some close up photo's of the pattern, it just seems that the bodice is very fitted due to a panel under the bust and an empire line to the skirt.

35541f40.jpg

6577a8c2.jpg
Thanks. That was what I thought.Wondering about its popularity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner