Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Hi Ladies :) I posted some patterns over on the pattern swap thread, I am hoping to trade since I don't want them back.

SayCici

Practically Family
NicoleAnn, muslin is a type of fabric but it also refers to the practice of sewing something up in a cheapy fabric, like muslin, if you think you might have fitting issues and want to work them out before cutting into your more expensive fabric and potentially messing it up.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
This is smaller than I like to go but I just fell in love with it. I think the only hard part will be adjusting the neckline so it doesn't slowly choke me.

151_pd2103189_1.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
pat7569.1L.jpg

I've been looking for a pattern like this FOREVER. Super simple 30s skirt - no pleats or flare or nothin'. A bonus about this one is that you can attach a slip bodice which is really cute and functional. The seller I got this from is having free shipping right now if you want to check out their shop, Toinette's @ Ruby Lane.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
SayCici said:
The seller I got this from is having free shipping right now if you want to check out their shop, Toinette's @ Ruby Lane.

Shhhh! Shes one of my hidden treasures! :eek:

Ive been shopping that store for years. Lots of great patterns, although I dont quite understand her pricing. The store has a lot of larger sizes but be prepaired to fork over bank.

LD

SayCici

Practically Family
Whoops! Sorry LD! ;)

Ditto on the pricing! For some reason that particular pattern was on sale for $11 from $22. Didn't ask, just went for it!

SayCici

Practically Family
So cute, DPD!

I should be saving up to finish my half-sleeve right now buuut:

il_430xN.142391329.jpg

Hood! Dreamy.

il_430xN.148968585.jpg

il_430xN.139676655.jpg

Now I really need to put my foot down and not buy new patterns until I sew the mounting project pile. :mad:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Kamikat- that sun dress pattern is so cute.
Cici- I love the blose wit hthe bows.
I too need to take a break from pattern buying. Luclky I'm broke.
I did get this on recenltly though.
il_430xN.150352348.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Yay!!! Cici, I can't wait to see what you make from the pattern! I'm sure it will be fabulous! :D :D :D

LOVE the cut of the back of that dress, DPD!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I wasn't quite sure which thread this belongs in, but here goes! I entered the patternreview.com Wardrobe Contest. The rules are: 4 tops, 4 bottoms, 1 topper and 1 free choice item that all go together. Each year, the contest has a theme. This year's theme is "following the trends". I was surprised to discover that one of this season's trend is "The New Pretty Woman", with ruffles, bows, ribbons, flounces, ect. All of my patterns are early 30's and most of them feature ruffles or bows. Here is my storyboard:
4704490386_bc58cc6d76.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
kamikat, good luck! Your storyboard looks great! I love the look of everything, the blouses are especially cute. I should start to think of my to-sew list as a contest, maybe I'd get started (and finished) on things faster, ha.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I've been watching too much Annette, apparently, cause I'm craving an early 60s bikini!
mccall5456.jpg

I got this one from Lady Day. She's wearing the hat I made a repro pattern of, so I had to have it so I can wear the ensemble together!
simplicity4746.jpg

And this one was so Audrey Hepburn I couldn't pass it up.
mccall5588.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace