Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dress available for pattern/measurements

I... thought that someone from this list might want to copy the styling of this dress or have me take measurements...I personally think it would look great in a floral pattern with solid buttons or to just do the bottom as a skirt, but what do I know? I'm not a seamstress.

If you are in the Silicon Valley area, and would like to make a pattern of this dress before it sells, drop me a PM and you are welcome to come over my house or meet me for coffee.

I have another dress (brown 1940's) ... I'll make the same offer, but it's not too unusual so I don't think it's too hard to find the pattern.

Vintage Betty

Took out info on the eBay listings. Great offer, but no items currently on eBay, thanks.

LD

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Why?

Took out info on the eBay listings. Great offer, but no items currently on eBay, thanks.

LD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Lady Day : Yesterday at 03:42 PM. Reason: Contains eBay sale

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kim_B said:
I came across this Etsy store today and was really impressed with the variety of large-sized vintage patterns for sale. I haven't had much luck on ebay purchasing RTW vintage clothing because I'm larger than the average girly, so this is one of the places I'll be keeping an eye on once I master the art of sewing and pattern reading :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=100606

Wow, thanks Kim!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Factory fold means the pattern is still in its original folded condition, as it came from the factory where it was made. It had not been taken out and folded by a consumer and put back in the package. And yes, also what you said :)

LD

Goodie2Shoes

New in Town
I went on a pattern buying binge yesterday. I really need a sponsor..LOL....I bought a lot of 150 patterns (we'll see what goodies I get in that one) I also bought about 20 others individually. WOW I really need to get sewing. I have alot of work to prepare them as I can never find my size I have to alter the patterns to fit me. I also went and got those couple retro patterns from Simplicity at Joann's while they were on sale. I'm soooooo bad! :eusa_doh:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Goodie2Shoes said:
I went on a pattern buying binge yesterday. I really need a sponsor..LOL....I bought a lot of 150 patterns (we'll see what goodies I get in that one) I'm soooooo bad! :eusa_doh:

WOW!
Care to offer any of those up in the pattern swap? ;)

LD

Snookie

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
"Factory folded" means that the pattern has never been cut right?

Non-printed patterns were cut at the factory (early vintage -- all the way into the 40's(?) for some companies). So sometimes a pattern will be in "factory folds" and will be cut out. Once patterns were printed, they let the consumer cut the lines themselves. (I really like non-printed patterns, b/c I HATE cutting patterns!)

It's a term generally used to describe patterns that appear to have never been used.

cemetarian

Vendor
Once patterns were printed, they let the consumer cut the lines themselves.
Even after patterns were printed some companies (McCall for example) still cut the pattern.......this can get confusing cause it looks like the pattern was cut and used but in reality it was cut at the factory.........I have had quite a few this way.....some used and some not........so when I list I call all patterns as Printed or Not Printed and I use the term CUT/USED instead of just CUT.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
dont know if this has already been addressed, but i am on the hunt for
a late 40s early 50s PANTS pattern.
and i have having bad luck [huh]
anyone?!

Snookie

Practically Family
cemetarian said:
Even after patterns were printed some companies (McCall for example) still cut the pattern.......this can get confusing cause it looks like the pattern was cut and used but in reality it was cut at the factory.........I have had quite a few this way.....some used and some not........so when I list I call all patterns as Printed or Not Printed and I use the term CUT/USED instead of just CUT.

You're right, I've never seen that before, but last night I cut out a jacket pattern that was printed and factory cut. Best of both worlds! It was a Simplicity pattern from 1943, I believe.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I'm sorry...I know this is not very lady-like, but has any one looked back at the beginning of this topic at the post JBD made... lol :eek: :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou