Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh I hear you on that one. lol Ive made the same pledge to myself Im tired of grading.

I got both of these off eBay. I get most of my patterns there. These were by the same seller, I had to scour through a lot of 70s muumuus, and there they were :)

LD

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
kamikat said:
LD, I LUV the Hollywood pattern! Where do you find such lovely patterns in those sizes? I've sworn off buying size 30s and 32s. I'm tired of grading.

I hear you too. For a while I was beginning to think that there were no patterns out there larger than a 32, but lately I've seen a lot of larger ones on the bay. I've seen many more that are 38 and up lately. I think I've seen more 40 and up in the last month or so than I had in the previous year. I'd say it's worth a look. :)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
3609_1.JPG
il_430xN.63936656.jpg

8991_1_sbl.JPG
il_430xN.63678028.jpg

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Medvssa said:
miss_smith said:
Did you try emailing her and asking?
No... I guess that is what I should do :)

Well, I did :) It turns out that international shipping is indeed accounted for in the checkout process, you just have to go through it and it is automatically calculated. Shipping is reasonable too :D

So I ordered both paterns I wanted :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Inky said:
I recently acquired yet another skirt pattern - l love separates!

3441883791_d0458ae7f9.jpg

This is a 12 gored skirt, 1942, and I am curious over the suggested fabrics. One of the suggestions is denim, which I think would be great in a lighter weight for this skirt, but I had no idea that ladies of 1942 would be wearing denim skirts - what say you wise vintage vixens?

Click here for a large size photo of the back of the pattern envelope.

This is such a lovely skirt! Have you started making it up? I'm curious about what the hem will look like with so many gores, I've heard it can be quite tricky to have it fall nicely when you have gores. I'm having problems with this even with just 4 gores. :eek: Is there a trick?

Inky

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
This is such a lovely skirt! Have you started making it up? I'm curious about what the hem will look like with so many gores, I've heard it can be quite tricky to have it fall nicely when you have gores. I'm having problems with this even with just 4 gores. :eek: Is there a trick?

I haven't started it yet, but I did get the fabric (white cotton with multi-sized red dots - i loved the example on the pattern and needed a red and white skirt!). I have done a six-gore skirt in a mid-weight wool and I think the hem turned out fine.

3418403190_01e6ba4590_m.jpg

I will say that the pattern recommended a two inch hem (and does for the 12-gore as well) but I only used a 1 inch hem and hem tape. I do not like to put the ease needed for a two inch hem and since I'm all done growing taller, it's unlikely I'll need to let the hem out ;)

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
"Eh! I said I wasn't going to buy anymore patterns until I make all the ones I already have. Oh well...."

I hear ya, Amy Jeanne. It is folly.

Here are my new gems from ebay. All in one package, all my size, under 30 bucks. SCORE! :rolleyes: I see a 50's summer coming on!!

advance7993b.jpg
advance7993c.jpg
advance7993d.jpg

advance7993e.jpg
advance7993f.jpg
advance7993g.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Well, I am glad I am not the only person buying patterns when they have a stack to sew!

I don't know what possessed me, but I want a peasant style blouse and found a uncut with transfer 1948 LONG SLEEVED blouse! I will have to grade it up some, but I think I can do it.

3486521360_057e7664e7.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
Eh! I said I wasn't going to buy anymore patterns until I make all the ones I already have. Oh well....
Yeah, me too! I've been looking at that blouse pattern for a while. Glad it's going to a good home!
I just bought this one, eventhough I'm convinced that 40's dresses really don't suit me.
pt25-88.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
Inky said:
Well, I am glad I am not the only person buying patterns when they have a stack to sew!

I don't know what possessed me, but I want a peasant style blouse and found a uncut with transfer 1948 LONG SLEEVED blouse! I will have to grade it up some, but I think I can do it.

3486521360_057e7664e7.jpg

Those look so cool, I'm curious how it wil turn out

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Yeah, me too! I've been looking at that blouse pattern for a while. Glad it's going to a good home!
I just bought this one, eventhough I'm convinced that 40's dresses really don't suit me.

From everything I've seen you in, I think you look best in pencil skirts and fitted jackets/blouses. But I'm sure you'll look great in this one, too!!

And maybe we can swap again if you want! I'm not picky about size anymore :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
UGH! I'm cruising the well known sites, looking for patterns again. For Pete's sake, if the description of the pattern includes "missing sleeve piece", why are you still charging a small fortune?!?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters