Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing of a Aero 1930s halfbelt

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I don't think you need to add to much length there, I would ask for the longer of the two (24.75) or maybe (25).. But.. That may depend on what you plan to do while wearing the jacket..will you be riding a motorcycle? I don't have experience there but additional length maybe required..as was stated above.. ask Holly
There is plenty of time to get things right after the order is placed, Aero seems willing to make changes most of the way through the process

mexl916

New in Town
Thanks for your answer Boyo. I do not intend to use it on a motorcycle (for this purpose I'm using a kangaroo racing suit).

As the style of the 1930s halfbelt is intended for use with high waisted trousers: How much body length should I add for use with low waisted jeans?

I've measured again some of my jackets and I think +1.5" more would be quite right (resulting in 24" back length for a standard size 36).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Has anybody remarks to my quoted question?

Ken Calder told me to add no more than 1/2" to the sleeve length to allow for creasing. Regarding body length: As you say, the 30's HB was designed during an era in which high waisted trousers were worn, and IMO a 30's HB doesn't look right when worn with today's lower rise trousers. Since you can determine the back length (collar seam to bottom seam), that you need by measuring a jacket that you have, you should be able to accurately determine the desired back length for the 30's HB. However, keep in mind that the front of the 30's HB is longer than the back. So, go with the bare minimum in the back so that the jacket is not too long in the front. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

mexl916

New in Town
Thanks Fanch, your answer was quite helpful!

I've got an answer from Holly concerning the requested measurements of a standard 36 1930s halfbelt. For the case that somebody is interested in this information:
Shoulder-to-Shoulder 17.3”
Pit-to-Pit 21.5”
Waist 18.5”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot