Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

I prefer American Standard Version eggs. Those King James Only eggs are always stale.

A year or maybe two ago, I picked up some eggs at the supermarket (which is much harder now as there are 85 varieties - organic, free this, no that, etc. - and - as I always do - checked to see if any were broken and noticed a small "EB" stamped on each egg. Being right around Easter - I thought maybe the company was having some fun and stamping EB for Easter Bunny on them. Of course, stupid me, didn't notice that the brand was Egg-lands Best - duh.

Hercule

Practically Family
IMHO, here's how this should play out in a free society. The company packaging the eggs has the right to put the scripture there and you (and ever other consumer) have a right to choose to buy them or not based on your personal views if that bothers you or not or, maybe, you even like it.

Yes I do indeed agree, I was just surprised to find it there. I'd also be surprised if there are many others who know it's there or even notice it. Frankly I don't see it's inclusion on the inside of the egg carton as being meant for me, or at least I don't take it that way. I'm just there for the eggs. Especially at .89 a dozen!

Hercule

Practically Family
A year or maybe two ago, I picked up some eggs at the supermarket (which is much harder now as there are 85 varieties - organic, free this, no that, etc. - and - as I always do - checked to see if any were broken and noticed a small "EB" stamped on each egg. Being right around Easter - I thought maybe the company was having some fun and stamping EB for Easter Bunny on them. Of course, stupid me, didn't notice that the brand was Egg-lands Best - duh.

Maybe zay vere "Eva Braun" eggs.... [you had to hear me say it to have gotten the full effect]

Haversack

One Too Many
Stearmen wrote: "Although, somewhat radical, the Geneva eggs are really good." Yes, but that is only for two out of every dozen. THe other ten eggs were irredeemably bad before they were even hatched.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Yes I do indeed agree, I was just surprised to find it there. I'd also be surprised if there are many others who know it's there or even notice it. Frankly I don't see it's inclusion on the inside of the egg carton as being meant for me, or at least I don't take it that way. I'm just there for the eggs. Especially at .89 a dozen!

$0.89/dozen? Those are 1957 prices!

our local Aldi's has been selling eggs for $0.29 and $0.39 per dozen for about four months, now.

I still generally buy them from the fellow down the road who has chickens. $2.50/doz

Hercule

Practically Family
$0.89/dozen? Those are 1957 prices!

our local Aldi's has been selling eggs for $0.29 and $0.39 per dozen for about four months, now.

I still generally buy them from the fellow down the road who has chickens. $2.50/doz

That price is our local Aldi's. Usually under a dollar, but many times considerably lower. We switched to Aldi's a couple of years ago and haven't looked back, only going to the other store for certain things. Prices were simply getting out of hand. But alas even Aldi's have increased their prices since we started shopping there.

SkyTurtle

Familiar Face
I was recently turned on to Aldi by a friend who is a professional bargain hunter. I can honestly say that I have not yet been disappointed by any of my purchases. All great quality items. I still go to my usual market for brands that I'm committed to, but stick to Aldi for as much as I can. That same friend also told me she'd read that Aldi pays their smaller staff exceptionally and they've found this generally makes them much more productive.

It's a dog-eat-dog world in Corporate America.

Three thoughts:

1. Some other company should jump on hiring the little beagle
2. Can he collect unemployment benefits as both Snoopy and The Red Barron?
3. I was surprised his rights (with the other Peanut characters) didn't cost more per year

From "MarketWatch:"

mw_logo_onLight.svg

Snoopy fired by MetLife
By Leslie Scism
Published: Oct 20, 2016 9:36 a.m. ET

Insurer first used the Peanuts’ cartoon character in advertising 31 years ago

MW-EY267_snoopy_20161020084100_ZH.jpg
Getty Images
Snoopy will be coming off MetLife blimps

MetLife decided earlier this year to part with most of its U.S. life-insurance business. Now it is cutting ties with Snoopy.

The 148-year-old company MET, -0.19% first used the Peanuts’ cartoon character in advertising 31 years ago as it tried to connect with U.S. consumers. Snoopy, created by cartoonist Charles Schulz, now appears on everything from MetLife blimps to the company’s marketing and sales materials.

But that need to reach consumers will shrink when MetLife spins off the bulk of its U.S. life-insurance business in the first half of 2017. Afterward MetLife will sell mostly to corporate clients in the U.S., including life-, dental- and other insurance to employers for their workers as well as annuities to pension plans. It also has a large international life-insurance business.

The company’s new logo will feature the MetLife name in a slightly different typeface and in black not blue, accompanied by a new blue and green “M” symbol. Its new tagline: “MetLife: Navigating life together,” will replace “MetLife. I can do this.”

MetLife has a multiyear contract to use Snoopy and other Peanuts’ characters, on terms that aren’t publicly disclosed. People familiar with the matter said the most-recent contract was signed in 2014 and costs MetLife $10 million to $15 million a year.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The question has to be asked -- how relevant is Snoopy to today's market? The strip ended nearly seventeen years ago, and while reruns continue in many markets, it's nowhere near the cultural force it was in the eighties, where most Met Life prospects were people who'd lived thru the strips heyday in the late fifties and sixties. Is Snoopy ready to join Andy Gump and Popeye in the ranks of comic-strip characters/merchandise hawkers who Used To Be Somebody?

The question has to be asked -- how relevant is Snoopy to today's market? The strip ended nearly seventeen years ago, and while reruns continue in many markets, it's nowhere near the cultural force it was in the eighties, where most Met Life prospects were people who'd lived thru the strips heyday in the late fifties and sixties. Is Snoopy ready to join Andy Gump and Popeye in the ranks of comic-strip characters/merchandise hawkers who Used To Be Somebody?

Germany:
https://www.adlermode.com/p-nachthe...cnQAGy9jLWRhbWVuX3dh ZXNjaGVfbmFjaHQtaG9tZXg=
https://www.adlermode.com/p-pyjama-...dAAG YWN0aXZldAAGc25vb3B5dAAJL3Mtc25vb3B5eA==

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR