Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Edward

Bartender
Why has nobody ever asked the question, why hasn't any monster poop ever been found? Good grief, a serpent of that size would leave something behind that you really wouldn't want to tread in.

The consensus among most of the monster hunters seems to be that Nessie is a plesiosaur. As a water-based creature, maybe the poo just sort of dissolves into the loch?

I'm surprised there's never been a successful picture about Nessie. There surely is room for a quality schlock-horror piece, whether one that nods to something in the Raimi tradition, or perhaps more social commentary a la the late George Romero - "Loch Dead" has a nice ring to it.

Bicycle riders are supposed to follow the same rules of the road. The motor vehicle code applies to bicycles when it comes to speed limits, yielding to pedestrians and emergency vehicles, and obeying traffic control devices. Around here, bicycle riders feel that they have the absolute right of way, motor vehicles and pedestrians should yield to bicycles, and traffic control devices are not applicable.

Yes, much the same here. I suspect in part here in London it's born of a perceived need to ride aggressively as a defensive approach, but culturally it has spilled over into rank entitlement - "I'm saving the planet and healthier than you, so get out of my way!" Ironically, the biggest reason I have chosen not to cycle where I currently live in London is the behaviour of cyclists. Not all of them, by any means, but certainly enough that I actually wouldn't feel best safe among them.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Around here, bicycle riders feel that they have the absolute right of way, motor vehicles and pedestrians should yield to bicycles, and traffic control devices are not applicable.

Yes, they do here too, especially when they're in packs. Local governments only make it worse when they close public roads to automobiles for a whole day to allow bike "events". And the spray-paint markings they put all over the roads last for months, and would get anyone else charged with vandalism.

Just as sidenote:

If you're at a german main railstation and someone asks you:

"SOLL ICH MIT TRAGEN ??" , with the classic german accidentally Feldwebel voice,

that simply means "Can I help you to carry your heavy suitcase upstairs?"

The english-speaking lady was little irritated for a moment, but then she comprehended. Probably, the elevators were out-of-order.

I think, John Banner got it right, plus the legendary 2nd synchro of H.H.. Remember this, when Klink has to be Lance Corporal temporary?:

:p
One of things I found funny about Hogan's Heroes was that they apparently went balls to the wall with the costume budget for the German uniforms and even the American but Newkirk is outfitted with a Korean War era USAF uniform with RAF insignia.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
- they apparently went balls to the wall with the costume budget for the German uniforms and even the American but Newkirk is outfitted with a Korean War era USAF uniform with RAF insignia.
We Brits adapt. It's the Tarzan loincloth strictly bespoke Savile Row garment look lad.
Newkirk wore RAF issue roll sweater beneath Ike then next so toppers his kit with cap angle tilted kilt.
Admitted, Hogan's always worn A2 issue bees knees above with cap casual back slap scalp just the drake rake Jake.
Less is more. Hogan as recollect allows had a painted tattoo upper left sleeve unit patch. Without sewn left breast
squadron insignia for a plain Jane look. But Jake the rake take.

One of things I found funny about Hogan's Heroes was that they apparently went balls to the wall with the costume budget for the German uniforms and even the American but Newkirk is outfitted with a Korean War era USAF uniform with RAF insignia.
This was all deliberate, to aid in Newkirk's various undercover intelligence assignments. He was one of the first POWs to be sent to Stalag 13, and the first of the "Heroes" to find himself there. His career as a circus performer (before the war) honed his skills with mimicry, and he was usually able to blend-in with a minimum of effort. As such, his "not quite right" uniform pieces just added to the uncertainty about his background.

Okay, I made up that last bit, but the rest was collected from the character's background here and there around the 'Net. ;)

I'm a little perplex, today, positive.
In tobacco store, next main station, I was given a bag pipe cleaners for free, when I bought a new pipe.
I mean, surely stores got some "free contingent" to give, matches, pipe matches, a simple disposable lighter, in older days tobacco samples. But an 80pcs Vauen cleaner bag??

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
I mean, surely stores got some "free contingent" to give, matches, pipe matches, a simple disposable lighter, in older days tobacco samples. But an 80pcs Vauen cleaner bag??
I've occaasion for rodding my long lost briar bulldog recently found accoutrement. Last leashed final Trinity term at Cambridge whence absconded without siitng solicitors, now bulldog off the chain with me lacking the basic needs
dog care and cleaning. I'll find my way and buy a pound or two good shag tobacco. Any recommends lad appreciate.

I've occaasion for rodding my long lost briar bulldog recently found accoutrement. Last leashed final Trinity term at Cambridge whence absconded without siitng solicitors, now bulldog off the chain with me lacking the basic needs
dog care and cleaning. I'll find my way and buy a pound or two good shag tobacco. Any recommends lad appreciate.

Don't know really, what you are talking about.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My family doctor recently retired and moved away. So I've been looking for a new doctor in the area and collating a range of recommendations from neighbours, friends and family. All come with the caveat: "You have to book an appointment a couple of days ahead."

Um, say what? Do I have a crystal ball hidden in my closet or something whereby I might be able to foresee that one of us in the family is going to come down with a cold or flu or be injured? What happens when I need to produce a medical certificate for work to prove I was off sick? When I've taken sick I need treatment now, not two days later when I'm even sicker. Like most things these days - "reality" TV, the cost of living in Australia being blamed on a war in Ukraine 8,000 miles away, clowns at the gym who don't believe in using deodorant - I just don't get it.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks to global warming you‘ll have to watch the weather forecast and catastrophic reports where to go for holidays meanwhile. Tenerife, Crete, Kos, Yellow Knife? Just burning down. Nuremberg Bavarian Alps, Frankonia, even Hessia or Ruhr area? Drowned in rain.

Thanks to global warming you‘ll have to watch the weather forecast and catastrophic reports where to go for holidays meanwhile. Tenerife, Crete, Kos, Yellow Knife? Just burning down. Nuremberg Bavarian Alps, Frankonia, even Hessia or Ruhr area? Drowned in rain.

Holiday?
Grab you rain gear, choose rain wandering in the wonderful Harz. ;)

Just joking...

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
My family doctor recently retired and moved away. So I've been looking for a new doctor in the area and collating a range of recommendations from neighbours, friends and family. All come with the caveat: "You have to book an appointment a couple of days ahead."

Um, say what? Do I have a crystal ball hidden in my closet or something whereby I might be able to foresee that one of us in the family is going to come down with a cold or flu or be injured? What happens when I need to produce a medical certificate for work to prove I was off sick? When I've taken sick I need treatment now, not two days later when I'm even sicker. Like most things these days - "reality" TV, the cost of living in Australia being blamed on a war in Ukraine 8,000 miles away, clowns at the gym who don't believe in using deodorant - I just don't get it.

The NHS is much worse. Some I know fly to New York or Montreal for surgery and other serious.

Fifty150

One Too Many
I suppose things are different, depending on your medical care provider, how well you know the people in the front office who book appointments, and geography. Geography will dictate whether you have hundreds of doctors to choose from. Where I live, there are thousands of doctors in private practice, or part of a medical group. Most will accept a majority of insurance plans. It's an open market, and they do have to think about return business. If I don't like the doctor, I can go to another doctor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany