Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Here in California I'm expecting a package that was shipped from Alabama on August 28. It was supposed to arrive today so I looked at the tracking but guess where it is? It's in freaking Guam! Now because of the Labor Day holiday that means it won't get here until Tuesday at the earliest. Has anybody had packages end up way off the beaten path?

You know, what's ticking me even more off than drunken soccer fans?

Their GIRLFRIENDS!!
I mean, how much fake fan someone can be?? Everyone around is clearly seeing how insincere their behaviour is.

Here in California I'm expecting a package that was shipped from Alabama on August 28. It was supposed to arrive today so I looked at the tracking but guess where it is? It's in freaking Guam! Now because of the Labor Day holiday that means it won't get here until Tuesday at the earliest. Has anybody had packages end up way off the beaten path?
Yes, I’ve watched (via online tracking) a shipment bounce in the wrong direction a couple times.

On a similar note …

I should have kept the appointment reminder card from a veterinary practice addressed to a recipient in Florida which happened to land in my mailbox (same street numbers) in Seattle.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here

My sister once sent a birthday parcel to Damascus, Maryland which didn’t arrive there and we considered it to got lost in Bundespost‘s 1980s parallel universe.
Weeks/months later we received that same parcel as undelivered from Damascus, Syria.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
At the strip clubs, I tell them that my name is Shecky Diamond. Shecky is short for Shekel. Not one stripper I met, knew what a shekel was.
Having never knowingly met a stripper or ever been to a strip-club, I can only say, what a sheltered life I have had. I am surprised that everyone was so ignorant of the shekel.

The Shekel is a biblical term referring to a unit of weight used for currency, it's also the name of Israel's modern currency.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Having never knowingly met a stripper or ever been to a strip-club, I can only say, what a sheltered life I have had. I am surprised that everyone was so ignorant of the shekel.

The Shekel is a biblical term referring to a unit of weight used for currency, it's also the name of Israel's modern currency.
Strippers and Bible study, now there's a combination that beggars the imagination!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Strippers and Bible study, now there's a combination that beggars the imagination!
Where we used to live we had a friend who had "discovered" God. His fervour knew no bounds. A group of us, mostly couples, would meet up on Friday evenings at a local watering hole just for a drink or two, all very convivial.
One Friday our new found God botherer didn't show, his wife was there so I said: "No Ian tonight, Elaine?" "He's gone to a prayer meeting," she replied, adding, rather quietly, "he's always praying," and then, almost inaudibly, "even in bed."
"Sermon on the Mount," I quipped. The roar that got had most of the pub asking, "What's the joke?"

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many

Watch Gal Godot in Snow White. Salome herself incarnate who dances for Disney, a most ignorant corporate
kingdom seemingly oblivious shekel and devoid dollars and sense.$$$

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stripper stories? I’ve got a few. Best were the Kindergarten Teachers in Baltimore who, every summer, went out of state to work as strippers. Earned much more during the summers than they earned during the school year. Their only rule was “don’t date the clientele “. They were actually very nice young women.

A game that Used to be popular was “what’s your stripper name?” First name: the name of your childhood pet. Last name: the name of a street you lived on.

what‘s your stripper name?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Well, now, Our Lord, during his sojourn on Earth, *did* hang out with a much more diverse and interesting bunch of people. ;)
Mary Magdalene, from good-time girl to prissy visionary. https://www.ft.com/content/72a5bfd0-27a0-11e8-b27e-cc62a39d57a0 The Financial Times, no less.

And they don't get more diverse than Judas Iscariot. Once one of Jesus' most trusted disciples, Judas became the poster child for treachery and cowardice. From the moment he plants a kiss on Jesus of Nazareth in the Garden of Gethsemane, Judas Iscariot sealed his own fate: to be remembered as history's most famous traitor.

Edward

Bartender
Mary Magdalene, from good-time girl to prissy visionary. https://www.ft.com/content/72a5bfd0-27a0-11e8-b27e-cc62a39d57a0 The Financial Times, no less.

And they don't get more diverse than Judas Iscariot. Once one of Jesus' most trusted disciples, Judas became the poster child for treachery and cowardice. From the moment he plants a kiss on Jesus of Nazareth in the Garden of Gethsemane, Judas Iscariot sealed his own fate: to be remembered as history's most famous traitor.

Clearly somebody preferred the organised church's downgrading of her to a whore (on nil evidence) lest a woman get above her station!

Judas being a Zealot is the other interesting part of his story that plays into the betrayal; the Messiah he got seems not to have been what he wanted, especially with all that rendering unto Caesar...

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Clearly somebody preferred the organised church's downgrading of her to a whore (on nil evidence) lest a woman get above her station!
Magdalene begged forgiveness and stood with Mary and John at the Cross; tomb reception of the risen Christ,
believed exile to modern day France with other Christians including Joseph of Aramathea.
El Greco and de Miranda endlessly pursued her, the former more chaste but her complexity obvious allure.
Magdalene is a Catholic saint of high rank well beyond mere temporal state for the reach of Church fools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy