Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON 7x CLEAR BEAVER QUALITY

Hey Brent:
I’m really kind of suprised this hat is not your cup of tea. All i can say is that for quite some time i thought poorly of the cattleman crease. Until i got a 7x CB and started wearing it. Shortly, i realized how nice a cattleman can look on certain hats such as this one. They certainly breakup the monotony of front pinch triangles.
I say give it some wear time and see. You can always find a buyer for a 7x CB and box!!!
B
Ps: and of course, i love this hat!!!

My friend, I don’t regret the purchase and a part of me still wants to hold onto it. There were a couple of strikes: it needs to be stretched to fit and then I’m still not sure it will get big enough. Damaging the sweat is not an option. I called VS and Art thinks he can get it to size up. Of course that means I’m adding $100 to the price of the hat (reblocking, cleaning, new ribbon).

The felt is nice, but it’s not like that Churchill Beaver 50. I dream of finding a 50 or 100 in my size. I know they are intended to be different but I just didn’t immediately fall in love with this hat like I was hoping. I haven’t been able to bring myself to put it up for sale so that says something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My friend, I don’t regret the purchase and a part of me still wants to hold onto it. There were a couple of strikes: it needs to be stretched to fit and then I’m still not sure it will get big enough. Damaging the sweat is not an option. I called VS and Art thinks he can get it to size up. Of course that means I’m adding $100 to the price of the hat (reblocking, cleaning, new ribbon).

The felt is nice, but it’s not like that Churchill Beaver 50. I dream of finding a 50 or 100 in my size. I know they are intended to be different but I just didn’t immediately fall in love with this hat like I was hoping. I haven’t been able to bring myself to put it up for sale so that says something.

Hey Guy: makes perfect sense. Guess i didn’t realize it was to small. You can always spruce it up and pet it till time to go. If i ever see any of those quality ones in your size. I’ll send you a Red alert for sure.
B

I had Art do that to my 7 1/2 7X CB but I was going to wear it regularly which I do.
I have a pristine 7X CB OR style in true 7 5/8 but it is a refurb by Schudde Bros.
The liner & size tag are 70's. Willing to take photos if you're interested in working a trade.
How wide is the brim?

David Niles

New in Town
OK, I'm in...

Liner-7.jpg

CBQ2.jpg

TheOR2.jpg

ShuddeBros.jpg

Left-2.jpg

Profile-1.jpg
Beautiful hat

This eBay purchase arrived a couple days ago. I think the color is more sand than Silverbelly, but aside from needing a light cleaning and a ribbon the hat is in excellent condition. The sweat is soft and undamaged. It doesn’t look like it is was worn much at all.

This is my second clear beaver and my first Stetson 7X Clear Beaver. The felt is dense and has a great hand. The box is intact but has some damaged sections. I took the crown to open for cleaning. The felt is firm, but not too stiff. I think I could change the crease, but I think this hat deserves to stay as it is. I’m just not a fan of the cattleman crease.

da253882b3dc8303bf3fafacc2155276.jpg

38feade3666d55805b3c937148117b4e.jpg

15efc2a396ce1aeecbe0854f74a2e661.jpg

216d06da96d49197e25ce792e4daac6d.jpg

0a48fb2cc57a6709ee18ed827c7827de.jpg

d517be713b55b750d2f39d312fda23c4.jpg

93edcc9641676216b893aa8576a9ca02.jpg

2afe3e91cc03babd544b9b9e131e287f.jpg

2062ae527bbd578e7e050e5a4f283f22.jpg

9dd68499b0b7e62f90c84e00fe21ec35.jpg

e7161535dccd4bb0ade1b51d4d7b6757.jpg

761c3e648c46863f26e15de6199eb68f.jpg

Nice touches on Art's part. Would have loved to have seen it b4. Was it in a Western style originally? I wonder what Stetson considers clear beaver?? An interesting name, to say the least. Do you know in what year it was manufactured??

The hat in its pre VS condition is found a few posts back in the thread. It came to me as a western. I’m not sure on the dating; maybe someone else here can opine on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran