Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suggestions please...

ideaguy

One Too Many
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

congratulations!! what an honor-hard earned, I'm sure, and something to be very proud of.
I wear pins, but on the lapel of nicer jackets/coats, and on the breast pocket (or thereabouts) on more casual jackets, including leather; I leave the hat alone, and let it speak quietly for itself; except now seeing the display from our friend RB, and Art Fawcett's Rte.66, I dunno.
I'd still tend to let the pin be a star on the front of a blue blazer, etc.-and rotate it to another piece of clothing as you want.
Anyhows-great work!!

fatwoul

Practically Family
ideaguy said:
I leave the hat alone, and let it speak quietly for itself; except now seeing the display from our friend RB, and Art Fawcett's Rte.66, I dunno...

I know what you mean, since this would be my first "pinned" hat. Having said that, even if the pin did not end up on the hat, it might be nice to have a hat that in some way matched the pin, that I could wear with it. That way, the pin could tie the hat into what I am wearing.

Thanks for your support IG.

Colby Jack said:
Hey what did I do now?:mad: :mad: :D

LOL uh-oh look what you did now, IC, you woke him up! lol

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fatwoul said:
Thanks Rick - This is the kind of position I was thinking of, yes. Do you have a picture of the whole hat, so I could see how the pin looks in-situ? That'd be really helpful in deciding whether a crest-type pin would look ok.
CP_Pin_Dobbs.jpg

Of course I pinned this here to contrast rather than compliment the colors of the hat. With some of the amazing color accents that Art works into his masterful bows I should think the possibilities to be legion.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
fatwoul said:
I know what you mean, since this would be my first "pinned" hat. Having said that, even if the pin did not end up on the hat, it might be nice to have a hat that in some way matched the pin, that I could wear with it. That way, the pin could tie the hat into what I am wearing.

So, the matter is settled then -- you'll simply have to buy a new hat.

And congratulations on the ARPS!

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw