Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suspenders question Regarding sizing and misc

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Son_of_Atropos said:
I just bought a pair of suspenders and I am curious whether one size really fits all.
There are some multi-fit braces that are adjusted both front and rear but the better braces are sized. Albert Thurston expounds.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Son_of_Atropos said:
I just bought a pair of suspenders and I am curious whether one size really fits all. I am 6'5"with a muscular build so I'm not really buying the sales lady that one size fits all. I bought some cheapos just to test them.

On another note, has anyone purchased these? http://www.suspenders.com/news1.htm

So the saleslady told you "one size fits all" and you bought a pair. So you have a pair in your hot little hands...and you want to know if they'll actually fit. Um...going out on a limb here, but when you tried them on, did they fit? I think that's the best way of answering the question rather than asking those of us who don't know you, nor the suspenders you bought. ;)

Rooster

Practically Family
I get all my suspendies form the good will store. Modern suspendies are longer than the old ones. The old ones are made for high waisted pants. I have modern suspendies that are too long for old high wasted pants....never really checked to see if the modern ones are all the same length. I'd be surprised if the modern ones wouldn''t work for you even at 6'5".

yellow braces

New in Town
Suspender size

In my experience one size does not fit all. But as some contributors have said, it does depend in part on how high waisted your trousers are. However, if you are new to wearing braces (suspenders), congratulations as you will find much greater comfort. I have been glad to find this site and discover that there are more wearers of braces than I had realised although not many of you gentlemen seem to live in Brighton UK!

Mike in Seattle said:
So the saleslady told you "one size fits all" and you bought a pair. So you have a pair in your hot little hands...and you want to know if they'll actually fit. Um...going out on a limb here, but when you tried them on, did they fit? I think that's the best way of answering the question rather than asking those of us who don't know you, nor the suspenders you bought. ;)

Douchebag, I really just wanted to know if they come in bigger sizes and if anyone had problems with them size wise. If you had nothing to add why bother posting.

GateXC

One of the Regulars
From the Albert Thurston site in re sizing:

"Braces are measured from the waistband, over the shoulder to where they attach at the back of the trouser.

Medium are 40"/100cms, Large are 44"/110cms", and X Large are 46"/115cms"

www.albertthurston.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic