Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Tea Pots"

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Came across this interesting "Aladdin" shaped teapot its ceramic but sits inside a insulated chrome jacket or "Cozy" to keep the beverage piping hot!"

3792716666_9f27a099d4.jpg

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
Came across this interesting "Aladdin" shaped teapot its ceramic but sits inside a insulated chrome jacket or "Cozy" to keep the beverage piping hot!"

And, I'm hoping, not only did you come across it...but brought it to a new home?

Great object which just SCREAMS the period in which it was made. I'll bet it works well, to boot. Mind you don't burn your knuckles on it!

"Skeet"

Foofoogal

Banned
picked up a Gibsons England brown teapot and so bummed as somehow I didn't notice the crack down the side. Nice form but not usable so will be moving it somewhere else. :(

LordBest

Practically Family
I just bought this Deco three piece tea set at an antique store. Crusader Plate Co. EPNS A1, c1920-1940 (there was an identical set in an English catalogue dated May 1922. I'd have liked to buy the catalogue but it was far too expensive.)
CrusaderPlateTeaSet.jpg

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I have a round teapot with a chrome cover, plus matching milk and sugar....I adore it. Last week I moved the furniture around and chipped the milk jug. :mad:

I love yours though!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Kitty is yours "Heatmaster"," Kozy Kraft" or "Stay Hot" I have also seen it marked "Celtic" I love the fact that the chrome is so easy to keep clean, silver tarnishes frightfully, you should be able to find a replacement, I found a china teapot, in a little shop, without the chrome cover, I purchased it as a replacement,as a spare part!, I took my cover in to make sure it fitted, the shopkeeper loved it!!"

4149317743_ecf96cff75.jpg

This is my little breakfast set, a one person teapot which is modern, made by a dutch company called something like Breidjmeir????? or somefink, I have a few different "Bits N Bobs" ( egg cups, preserve jar, I will try and post them as a "Flock"

"Lord Best that Tea Service is "Rather Special" it looks years a head of its time, is there a matching (covered) Kedgeree dish to match, prey tell?"

Foofoogal

Banned
Found the most lovely Art Deco orange, white and silver teapot by Manning Bowman. Has a small chip on the spout. Is it still useable?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Dribblesome Spout"

"Two Christmas presents, a three piece tea service, and a very "deco" tea strainer with stand, the Teapot is rather "Dribblesome" so I have been practising pouring with cold water, and have discovered I need to be rather quick and confident, in order to ensure no dribbles from the spout"

4244488638_4fbc5e6a24.jpg

4243726289_a41e361119.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Wow! Great Christmas presents

BinkieBaumont said:
"Two Christmas presents, a three piece tea service, and a very "deco" tea strainer with stand, the Teapot is rather "Dribblesome" so I have been practising pouring with cold water, and have discovered I need to be rather quick and confident, in order to ensure no dribbles from the spout"

4244488638_4fbc5e6a24.jpg

4243726289_a41e361119.jpg

Obviously from someone who "gets" you

shortbow

Practically Family
Hope this ain't a hijack, but it's about tea pots.

Did some trading last week in an antique store and came up with an unused vintage Yixing tea pot because I liked the looks of it.

Since, I have done some research and found that they have been around in China for around a millenium, arrived in England with the first shipments of tea, and are the basis for the later little brown teapot everybody is familiar with.

Very interesting history, lore, material and craftsmanship. Apparently they are considered an indispensable cornerstone of tea drinking by gourmands, and having been using it for several days now, I can see why.

Just google Yixing, and you'll get a zillion hits.

Pronounced 'yeeshing.'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda