Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell Us What Patterns Are On Sale!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
When I was at Hancock's today picking up one of those new Retro Buttericks, I got a flyer at checkout that says that Simplicity will be $1.99 May 15-18.

Swingtime Gal

New in Town
sale patterns at hancock fabrics

May 15 to 18th Simplicity patterns are $1.99 each
May 23 to 26th McCalls patterns are 88 cents each
May 23 to 26th Butterick patterns are 88 cents each
May 23 to 26th Vogue patterns are $3.88 each
(all items are limit 5)
I bought a butterick 5209 pattern and it is beautiful!!! Even the cheap muslin mock up is great!!!

Swingtime Gal said:
May 15 to 18th Simplicity patterns are $1.99 each
May 23 to 26th McCalls patterns are 88 cents each
May 23 to 26th Butterick patterns are 88 cents each
May 23 to 26th Vogue patterns are $3.88 each
(all items are limit 5)
I bought a butterick 5209 pattern and it is beautiful!!! Even the cheap muslin mock up is great!!!

I wanted 5209 and my store didn't have it. I will have to go check again.
3.88 for Vogue is a steal!!

anabolina

A-List Customer
From the Hancocks mailer I got last week:

Butterick .99 June 19-22
McCalls .99 June 26-June 29
Vogue 3.99 June 30-July 3
Simplicity 5 for $5 July 4-6

Also, Vogue has a 6.99 sale on their website.

Since Butterick, Simplicity, and Vogue were all on sale last week, I've got more than enough patterns right now, lol, so hopefully I can resist. I might go after these 2 though.

Vogue 8470
V8470.jpg

and Vogue 8494

V8494.jpg

nico demouse

Familiar Face
ShoreRoadLady said:
JoAnn is having a Veterans' Day sale, too - 5 for $5 from 11/9-11/15. I think this basically means you can get one for $1. I remember buying them that way, at any rate.

Do you know if this is on all their patterns or just certain brands?

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
Jo-Ann fabrics carries vintage dress patterns

I got a sewing machine for x-mas and I was very delighted to find that, when looking through the pattern books at Jo-Ann, they had (authentic)vintage patterns from the 40s and 50s. Plus they were cheap (i think they were having a sale). So yeah, I guess it's a lot easier to dress vintage then one would think!:)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
COOL! You got a sewing machine! W00t!
You might want to check out some of the pattern threads we already have.

Sewing and FAQ

Tell Us What Patterns are on Sale

Show us your Vintage Patterns where ladies post repo patterns often.

Keep in mind that repo patterns are often redrafted and much more ease is added than its vintage original.

Dont forget to post your great creations in the Show Us what you Made thread.

All these threads should answer your questions.

Welcome to the lounge!

LD

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
I love digging around for a pattern and I've noticed the re-prints. What I like about them is that they are modern sizes. But I also find that even "modern" look patterns are really classic too. I found a modern sundress pattern that I'm going to be making very soon that has a 50's feel to it. I also found a wrap dress from the 50's that's a re-print. The problem is finding vintage looking fabric without paying an arm and a leg. I picked a little cherry print (poly cotton blend) for the sundress and I'm still looking for fabric for the wrap dress.
One thing I did invest in and it's really not as hard as you might think,is a cardboard cutting board so that I can resize some of the vintage patterns I find. That way if I can only find vintage (which is sized differently) I can re-size it to a modern size. You can find tutorials online to learn how to resize patterns when you get more comfortable with sewing your own stuff.
The first dress I ever did was the hardest. LOL. Once you learn the lingo though, you can sew anything.
And there are lots of ladies here that can give you good advice.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
I, too, got a sewing machine for Christmas! I'm really quite intimidated to start anything, but I know it's the only way to learn! I picked up the Simplicity 4044 and 3688 (1940's repro) patterns which are waaaay to advanced to begin with, but I wanted to get them before they'd be gone forever - usually my luck :rolleyes: . Maybe when I get a little better, some of you would even be willing to lend me a pattern or two :p . Good luck, Anachronism! And thanks for all of the thread links, LD! :)

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Hancock's will have:

Feb 5-8:
McCall's- 99 cents (excludes 'StitchNSave' & 'Hotpatterns')

Feb 12-16:
Butterick- 99 cents (inc. 'Green Peppers' patterns),
Simplicity- 5 for $5 (excludes 'So easy' & 'New Look')

Feb 19-22:
Vogue- $3.88

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Finally! I have a couple Vogue patterns that I need and I keep missing the sales. I'm marking it on my calendar this time.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
March Hancock's flyer

Feb 26 - March 1 :
Vogue 75% off
McCall's 99 cents

Feb 26 - March 18 :
McCall's $4.99

March 5-8 :
Butterick 99 cents

March 12-15 :
Simplicity $1.99