Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BIG hat road-trip (Crazy Hat Idea Part II)

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
This should be google map frappered as a FL group. would help with meeting arrangements.
If you have not seen Frappr before, you create group, then everyone puts their location in, and each member shows up as a pin on the map. Nice little feature.

Kim Steiner

New in Town
I now have the hat in central PA

Now, where to next? I mentioned in another thread that I could make a handoff in Washington, DC, on the 15th. Otherwise, I'll be heading west on I-80 by motorcycle in two weeks. I MIGHT consider strapping the hat box to the top of the tour pack for a few hours. K. Steiner

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
DC Handoff

Kim Steiner said:
Now, where to next? I mentioned in another thread that I could make a handoff in Washington, DC, on the 15th. Otherwise, I'll be heading west on I-80 by motorcycle in two weeks. I MIGHT consider strapping the hat box to the top of the tour pack for a few hours. K. Steiner

I work in DC about 6 blocks from the Capitol. Let me know if you need a receiver.

Kim Steiner

New in Town
Pass the Hat to Aquia33?

I'll be at the Washington-Capitol Holiday Inn at 550 C STREET SW this Wednesday night (the 14th), leaving as soon as possible on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, Wed. evening itself is not very good as I'll be at an event at the US Botanic Garden and won't be at the hotel until perhaps 10:30. Does Thursday morning work for you? If not, I'll have to think about getting it to one of the fellows in Ohio I guess. K. Steiner

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Slap me for not researching

:mad: I just e-mailed Scotrace the same plan you gentleman were discussing. I should have checked the thread. I apologize for the error. I am willing to travel to the Carolinas, Kentucky or Tennessee to help after it gets to the midwest.

Let me know I am flexible.

Good Luck Gentlemen.

Kim Steiner

New in Town
Passing the Hat

I've not heard from Aquia13, so I guess progress is going to slow a bit. Still contemplating strapping it to the back of the Harley. K. Steiner

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Sorry....

Kim Steiner said:
I've not heard from Aquia13, so I guess progress is going to slow a bit. Still contemplating strapping it to the back of the Harley. K. Steiner

I have been unavailable to respond.

I am in DC right NOW and will be here tomorrow until 1:00. You are not more than 10 blocks away. PM me or let me know if you can leave it with front desk of the Hotel & I can pick it up tomorrow.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
I tried

Kim Steiner said:

I tried to PM you but there is a block on PM's to you. I can do an exchange tomorrow but cannot post office phone # here. So it looks like we cannto contact each other. The only suggestion I have would be to leave it at the hotel desk with my name (Aquia33) and I can stop by to get it. The hotel is less than a mile away from my office.

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Hat Trip to Historic Aquia seems to be canceled

Jake Sullivan said:
just checking in. Hope you make contact,"Aquia33"

regards Jake.

Jake, No contact as of 0815. Looks like Kim & I missed each other. Our only method of contact is through this forum, so I don't hold out much hope at this time.

I don't know if the Hat has a travel log, but this could be an entry for a "missed connection".

UPDATE!

Took a shot and called his hotel and using his Lounge name. I did reach him, but alas he does not have the hat with him. I am sure as he gets back from travel he will provide an update here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav