Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Prime cuts, indeed, Robert! The [silk?] underbrim on a soft hat fascinates me endlessly. I think Alan owns the only other one I've seen. Very cool.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
More Black Borsalini from between the WW's

DSCF1571.JPG

from Salzburg, Austria
DSCF1560.JPG
DSCF1572.JPG
DSCF1562.JPG
DSCF1563.JPG

from Bucharest, Romania
DSCF1564.JPG
DSCF1570.JPG
DSCF1565.JPG
DSCF1566.JPG

Dramatic difference in scale and style.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The Nutria is heavier weight, but both are smooth (American-Style) finishes. Flanging is the greatest difference, one curved up-brim and the other fairly flat. Wide brim also has a taller straighter crown block.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone tell me when Borsalino started using the brown liners with black sweatbands ??

Not consistent as jobbers and retailers had different choices. Definitely some in the 90's and 2000's but the sweatband color is particularly shaky for dating with Borsalino.

konopekk

New in Town
Hello
Today i received my first vintage hat and it is Borsalino.
Does anobody can help me and tell me from which decade is this hat from?
352noth.jpg

ekntwo.jpg

2ltsn49.jpg

konopekk

New in Town
There is no paper factory stamp under the sweatband, just something like this
16gdbvq.jpg

There is also another paper with size 7 1/4 and "PRINTED IN USA". I don't know why the size inside is 7 and under the sweatband is 7 1/4.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
There is no paper factory stamp under the sweatband, just something like this

There is also another paper with size 7 1/4 and "PRINTED IN USA". I don't know why the size inside is 7 and under the sweatband is 7 1/4.

Not uncommon to have that discrepancy. Not sure if the sweatbands were fitted at the Factory or by wholesalers. Perhaps they trimmed down a larger one.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Not consistent as jobbers and retailers had different choices. Definitely some in the 90's and 2000's but the sweatband color is particularly shaky for dating with Borsalino.
Thanks , I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.... This hat was supposedly bought in Italy,,, so after I receive it I will take some pics and post the info,,, especially the tags inside........

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
The hat arrived today,,,, stuffed into a cardboard box :mad:

I believe this will probably be a newer hat.

No paper tags under the liner...... size tag is paper with red lettering and outlined box. Size 5 1/2.

The pics I had seen were misleading as the liner is PURPLE or plum, the liner crown has additional covering over the logo . On top of the logo it has "Qualita Extra Extra Superore" on the black sweatband in the front is a crown with XXX.....

It must have been purchased in MILAN and the store name is in fancy script.....as best as I can make out " Seraf Casiraghi second line is MILANO, third line, Galleria VITTE manualo 92" so obviously the store name and address.

It is a lighter gray with black ribbon and sharks gill bow.... Fancy stitching around the outside of the brim....

Beautiful hat IMHO and the exact colors I was looking for in my size......

2ztdi11.jpg

29gctqo.jpg

25pnt48.jpg

23u7psi.jpg

I have never seen the fancy stitching before but I am a newbie so that is probably why...

Great hat an I definitely think I lucked out on this one.......

Any info anyone can supply would be appreciated as this came from an estate and no info was available.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland