Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Landman

One Too Many
Very nice hat! I can't help you with the age but it looks older to me.

I hate it when a nice older hat is improperly shipped. Awhile back I bought an older Stetson Open Road that was crammed into a Priority Mail box that was half the size of the hat. The hat looked great in the auction photos and had survived over 70 years without any damage and then was ruined by the Seller's shipping. His response was it will bounce back into shape because it was felt! That is the only item I have every bought on EBay I had to return. It killed me to see a beautiful old hat ruined like that. Luckily yours looks like it wasn't damaged too bad.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Is the liner stitched? Also this hat can be reshaped with some steam.

Yes the liner is stitched...

I haven't done the steam thing, but I am sure it can't be too hard,,,,, I will get a steamer and see what can be done... i gave it a good brushing and shaped it a bit for the pics... but it still needs steam or a hatter ....

It's from the old factory. My guess is 1960s early 70s. You can use steam from a kettle but make sure to avoid applying steam to the sweatband. It should come right back into shape.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Canadian Borsalino

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-02-08%2520at%25202.57.27%2520PM.png

Borsalino Gorasgu "Misto"

Palomino colored Misto - Colors are quite accurate in these daylight photos. Heather felt, straight block and relatively tall crown, ribbon 1 7/8", brim 2 3/4". Over welt with overcast stitch in a contrasting color that matches the wind cord. Exceptionally clean and well crafted hat.

gorasgu10.jpg

gorasgu11.jpg

gorasgu12.jpg

gorasgu13.jpg

gorasgu14.jpg

gorasgu15.jpg

gorasgu16.jpg

gorasgu17.jpg

gorasgu6.jpg

021013_1.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
A fine specimen indeed Alan. You are forgiven for selling your other Misto recently. Have you noticed the abundance of Gorasgu's here lately?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
My father in-law made this for me for x-mas. He's a scientist and his hobby is furniture making. I post it here because he used the Borsalino logo, though it's made after this Lee trunk.

1957LEEthe3hatman_zps90675f93.jpg

HatTrunkOpen_zpsc06affb6.jpg

HatTrunkWithHats_zpsc94d8806.jpg

HatTrunkClosed_zps25af6fd2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass