Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a CD in Taupe Fawn (fantastic lid, but not the mid-brown color I desperately seek), and a Borsalino Como in mid-brown. Both are GREAT lids. Problem is, I prefer wide brim hats, so the Como doesn't see much action. I will say that the Akubra is classy yet bulletproof, while the Como just screams formal wear to me. I'm hoping an Alessandria will be the best of both worlds.
CMD, why not consider calling Mike at Northwest Hats (see his Facebook page)? You might have to wait a couple of months, but you'd get exactly what you're looking for in exactly your size and at about half the cost of the Alessandria.

Having just picked up my two hats from Mike at NW Hats I echo TropicalBob's suggestion. At $175 for a bespoke hat I now will likely not buy a used or vintage hat ever again. It was a great learning (sometimes expensive learning from my "mistakes") experience but now the few hats I will add will be custom.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Having just picked up my two hats from Mike at NW Hats I echo TropicalBob's suggestion. At $175 for a bespoke hat I now will likely not buy a used or vintage hat ever again. It was a great learning (sometimes expensive learning from my "mistakes") experience but now the few hats I will add will be custom.
I'm headed that route also. I'm waiting for a bit of a hybrid coming from Mike and I'm really tired of the online feeding frenzy for vintage hats in my size.

Reactions: RJR

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
*Bump*

I'm a sucker for teardrops: anyone ever seen a Como bashed this way? I'd love to see pics.

Mine isn't seeing much action lately, and it's sad watching such a beautiful lid go idle.

- m

I wandered into a hat shop yesterday as I saw a sign that they carried Borsalino. It did not have a "style" name on the sweat but carried the tacky Borsalino pin in the band. The hat cost $390 Canadian $ and I was shocked at the poor quality of the felt. It is nowhere near the quality of any of my Akubras at 1/3 the price and paled in comparison to even my mid 90's Borsas.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Found this one on Saturday at a local house contents sale, together with a brown Stetson Whippet, a Biltmore Senator and a Dobbs stingy brim. At $5 a hat, who could resist! This is my 5th Borsalino and, at 7 1/4, it is one size too small so I'll probably just admire this one. It's spotless!

Flaunting one of my dream lids, in my size, and purchased for a measly FIVE BUCKS is just cruel. Cruel, cruel, cruel...

(Enjoy the great finds!)

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!
I decided that I needed a little more Borsalino in my life. So I did something about it.

881f5b83da5cda6da10bbcfbbfa5d238.jpg
a3031a2690728ebc32229c69170e3862.jpg
9c4b6745f3ddd30af84f7194ce9c6cdf.jpg
f3640be40557e59404c846e482a2a241.jpg
1e8450f57c0902ca2b42c0bb4d5f66a3.jpg
3e7c3303839e2faef633164464cb9842.jpg
fcadfeba6e30aaed36641f7cb7bacde9.jpg

Liking this style as I do, it was an easy decision, especially with a sub $40 BIN and free fast shipping. This velour is so soft and absoutely unstiffened that it needs to be bashed before each wearing. Fit is perfect, , hopefully the sun will peek out in the next day or two so I can get a good shot to really show the felt. 1 5/8" brim, crown variable.
If anyone knows the vintage, please share!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
Found this one on Saturday at a local house contents sale, together with a brown Stetson Whippet, a Biltmore Senator and a Dobbs stingy brim. At $5 a hat, who could resist! This is my 5th Borsalino and, at 7 1/4, it is one size too small so I'll probably just admire this one. It's spotless!

Okay, very nice.
You've admired it long enough, now it's time to sell it to someone who it fits and can wear it, such as myself.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Black Borsalino with turned-up snap Brim for a Hamburg store. I assume the numbers mean it's from 1953.
Sz. 59 cm

Borsol%201.jpg

Borsol%202.jpg

Borsol%203.jpg

Borsol%204.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran