Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

More on topic again (the discussion above would fit the Homburg nation thread better). Here's a borsalino I haven't posted before. New old stock Borsalino Azoico (blue-grey). Size 56 with an overwelt brim at 5,5cm and crown at 10,5 cm at the pinch. Lovely longhair finish. The hat dates from the sixties I think.

View attachment 81658 View attachment 81659 View attachment 81660 View attachment 81661 View attachment 81662 View attachment 81663 View attachment 81664 View attachment 81665 View attachment 81666 View attachment 81667
Stefan, Super color + finish. Good idea to get back on topic!

Borsalino homburg in grey (argento). Size 56, bound brim 5cm and crown 10cm at the pinch. New old stock from the same seller as the previous one. This one is from the sixties as well, I think. Pictures are with open crown, without side dents and with dents to give an overall impression.

borsalino argento homburg_1.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_2.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_3.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_4.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_5.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_6.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_9.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_8.jpg
borsalino argento homburg_7.jpg

Borsalino homburg in grey (argento). Size 56, bound brim 5cm and crown 10cm at the pinch. New old stock from the same seller as the previous one. This one is from the sixties as well, I think. Pictures are with open crown, without side dents and with dents to give an overall impression.

View attachment 81913 View attachment 81914 View attachment 81915 View attachment 81916 View attachment 81917 View attachment 81918 View attachment 81919 View attachment 81920 View attachment 81921
Stefan, this hat is so wonderful it brings tears to my eyes. It is a holy grail for me now, in a generous 58 though.

Nice finds Stefan ! The luck is on your site! [emoji106]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Stefan, this hat is so wonderful it brings tears to my eyes. It is a holy grail for me now, in a generous 58 though.
Manfred, Mike, thanks. Credits really should go to Daniele, who pointed out this seller to me. As is usually the case however there wasn't that much left. I have the good fortune to be a size 56 (for Borsalino i prefer 57 however) so there still were some in my size. Had to stretch these a little though, to get them to fit. The stickers on the sweatband were a nightmare to get rid of.

Samuel

Practically Family
IMG_5761.JPG IMG_5762.JPG IMG_5764.JPG IMG_5763.JPG IMG_5766.JPG Relaxing with my Borsalino Como after school. I gave my hat a cleaning; steam, ribbon cleanse, and new bash. I've always had challenges with the crown height on this fedora, but I've grown to appreciate it after what's going on seven years. BTW it's super-hot in my neck of the woods—indoors and AC seems to do the trick.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I wish they didn't put the name on the bow, but a nice hat anyway. Are they expensive in Italy/Germany as they are here in the US? Are they worth the money?
Mike, I have no information on the new models for the new season, only the pictures I posted
They are expensive here, as in the USA, or more.
The models sell here, Europe, are completely different from the US market
They will worth the money? It is a personal evaluation you make for the appeal of the hat, the felt, the finishing
This one has a very interesting shape with "ancient" taste and some not so pleasant details.
With Borsalino modern hats you can have big surprise in high and low.....quality

Mike, I have no information on the new models for the new season, only the pictures I posted
They are expensive here, as in the USA, or more.
The models sell here, Europe, are completely different from the US market
They will worth the money? It is a personal evaluation you make for the appeal of the hat, the felt, the finishing
This one has a very interesting shape with "ancient" taste and some not so pleasant details.
With Borsalino modern hats you can have big surprise in high and low.....quality
Kind of like a modern Stetson. Oh well, it is a sign of the times I guess.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
YES!!!!!
That and the fact that the "wash" look of the ribbon makes it look very crinkled!!!!!! It may just be the way it photographs but it looks like it came from the bottom of a hat stack.....a VERY tall one too!!!!!!!!!!!
M

it is a deal breaker for me on any hat ... thank goodness the Alessandria ribbon is just too narrow to advertise all over

I've never in my life liked to advertise on anything I was wearing ... always hated that ... T shirts that say Nike ... or sweatshirts that say Sean John or Old Navy .... hate that

Me too, and those funky pins with Dobbs, Stetson etc. They just scream "I'm not a vintage hat, my quality is questionable!"

the pins are easily removable which is kind of a good thing ... but I understand what you mean

that being said ... I'm not sure I've ever bought a modern hat to fool anyone that it is vintage

I think you are talking about another topic.
This is a new hat and we are talking about this.
Vintage or old hats are another completely different thing, so to say
I don't know......Moon and I WERE talking about the new hat......neither of us like the advertisement on the bow.......and I DO NOT like the "wash" color of the ribbon.....looks crinkled and wrinkled.....
M

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
it is a deal breaker for me on any hat ... thank goodness the Alessandria ribbon is just too narrow to advertise all over

I've never in my life liked to advertise on anything I was wearing ... always hated that ... T shirts that say Nike ... or sweatshirts that say Sean John or Old Navy .... hate that

the pins are easily removable which is kind of a good thing ... but I understand what you mean

that being said ... I'm not sure I've ever bought a modern hat to fool anyone that it is vintage
...ain't nuthin wrong with band tees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR