Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Thank you for posting all of them. I have never seen anything like this with German market Echter Borsalinos (they just have Borsalino paper labels). The American market Borsalino that Moehawk posted appears to have the liner stitch going through the paper label which points to the paper label being applied prior to the liner being installed (hopefully he can verify).

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to Carouselvic for the detailed photographs of the Borsalino in his possession.
They clarified the double paper label.
From what we see, in addition to the original Borsalino label, arrived in the United States the hats had a new label with the US size and the indication to be duplicated, sometimes a third handwritten label, which is not always present.
It is evident that the hats have arrived without a lining (golden logo with Made in Italy) was sewn after the application of American labels.
For this purpose, Steven (Besdor) certainly has more information than my assumptions.
He can tell us how Borsalino hats arrived in the US.
This would clarify the puzzle of paper labels and the terms of the Borsalino import during the post-war years in the US.

Thanks to Carouselvic for the detailed photographs of the Borsalino in his possession.
They clarified the double paper label.
From what we see, in addition to the original Borsalino label, arrived in the United States the hats had a new label with the US size and the indication to be duplicated, sometimes a third handwritten label, which is not always present.
It is evident that the hats have arrived without a lining (golden logo with Made in Italy) was sewn after the application of American labels.
For this purpose, Steven (Besdor) certainly has more information than my assumptions.
He can tell us how Borsalino hats arrived in the US.
This would clarify the puzzle of paper labels and the terms of the Borsalino import during the post-war years in the US.
Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. Could it be that the label was added by Borsalino for the hats for the American market?

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. Could it be that the label was added by Borsalino for the hats for the American market?
The paper label "To Duplicate" is also on some Stetson hats (see above). There is also the possibility that these hats were refurbished / cleaned by the same company.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for posting all of them. I have never seen anything like this with German market Echter Borsalinos (they just have Borsalino paper labels). The American market Borsalino that Moehawk posted appears to have the liner stitch going through the paper label which points to the paper label being applied prior to the liner being installed (hopefully he can verify).
I seem to remember that the liner was sewn through the label, I had to gently move the liner to get the pic and I loosened the thread a little. There may be another tag up higher under the liner but I didn't want to pull any more stitches out. I'd double check but the hat (and it's Barbisio buddy) are sealed up in a box ready to be shipped to Holland.:)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Older Borsalino. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
41c4a3de47abab8ee5adca2f74945193.jpg
c260c888c0d4e732db6ab7360f8bf192.jpg
99ce317b2a7c7e8a21361d74d7771c32.jpg
0d9c931a19c25da4788706b4182855bb.jpg
060419a30658df61461045a5ca24729d.jpg
08257e97b851781c784e35f6d86f5373.jpg
ed19a6131d7221c5965826415d69d11e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I seem to remember that the liner was sewn through the label, I had to gently move the liner to get the pic and I loosened the thread a little. There may be another tag up higher under the liner but I didn't want to pull any more stitches out. I'd double check but the hat (and it's Barbisio buddy) are sealed up in a box ready to be shipped to Holland.:)
The welcoming committee is ready for them:)

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that's is something else, Bob! Never seen either that colour, model or quality designation before. Fantastic.
Thx. Wondering if its considered a Homburg by Borsalino standards. The brim binding is very thin and the flange is a bit more shallow then pictured. I'm looking forward to hearing more from our resident experts. :) It's a much more greenish grey then shown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner