Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bob maybe my English is not so good or you are a little bit too much in the birds language:rolleyes:

Borsalino "Belloni" (this is the name of the hat) remake of Giuseppe Verdi's hat(!?!) ,Italian Opera composer
View attachment 83422
Romolo Bignotti is the name of the owner of the hats shop in Venezia; the street is Merzerie San Giulian. This is Venetian dialect with which are called the streets, squares and every other place in Venezia
Yours is a rabbit. The one I posted in the picture has a small amount of woll, but it is only my guess
Your communication skills in English are a lot better then mine in Italiano. The birds yelling and screaming have turned my brain into overcooked pasta. Thank you for the clarification. I understood the hat model name in the picture that you sent me was called"Belloni." Does my hat have a model name as well? Thx again ever so much for the information! :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I've been meaning to post this one for a while. It was bought about 3 years ago, so before the time I joined the Lounge. It's my Cinderella of hats, thus it has been sadly waiting in line.

It looks 40's to me, but please put me right if I'm off.

The underside of the brim is quite a "waxy" material. The sweatband more "rough". The label is unfortunately hidden under the inside of the hat lining.

IMG_20170828_214512 (2).jpg
IMG_20170828_214528 (2).jpg
IMG_20170828_214512 (2).jpg IMG_20170828_214528 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170828_214538 (2).jpg
    IMG_20170828_214538 (2).jpg
    949.2 KB · Views: 85

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've been meaning to post this one for a while. It was bought about 3 years ago, so before the time I joined the Lounge. It's my Cinderella of hats, thus it has been sadly waiting in line.

It looks 40's to me, but please put me right if I'm off.

The underside of the brim is quite a "waxy" material. The sweatband more "rough". The label is unfortunately hidden under the inside of the hat lining.

View attachment 84000 View attachment 84001 View attachment 84000 View attachment 84001
without seeing the innards and anything under the sweat there is no way to tell it if is from last week or 80 years ago

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bob. I know what the Loon meant, though. Figure of speech. It irritated me that I couldn't post more pictures in the same file. The Moon was quick on the draw with his reply. I was too slow.
I should have waited ... I assumed you were done ... we all know what happens when you assume

nice hat ... unfortunately I've never seen that liner before

@mayserwegener @steur @alanfgag @carouselvic @Daniele Tanto are the guys you want to hear from

I'm sure a few will chime in soon

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I should have waited ... I assumed you were done ... we all know what happens when you assume

nice hat ... unfortunately I've never seen that liner before

@mayserwegener @steur @alanfgag @carouselvic are the guys you want to hear from

I'm sure a few will chime in soon

Thanks Moon. My bad. I tried to upload more photo files, but kept getting the "error, too big" reply. Got frustrated, so pushed the post button. I should have written " more to come" :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I'm afraid I can't be of any help with this one. It's not a liner I have seen before. The brim binding seems the be another material than grosgrain, but that's not saying much. There are examples of later hats with different brim bindings as well. Maybe Daniele can shed some light on this one.

Thanks, Steur. I'm hoping Daniele and Steve will chip in. It's hard to take good photos of it. I think it's one of those hats you have to see and feel. Then again, aren't they all :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy